I really don't get it!

PennyJane

I've stuck to the diet and only nibbled so that I don't get ill. Considering I am consuming only 600 - 800 a day one would have thought that I'd be losing more than 2-3lb a week! Come on, I can do that on a normal diet that doesn't stop me exercising, this seems a complete waste of time, money and my health!!!

I've only lost 2lb this week despite being active, and no, it's not my TOTM.

Grrr boohoo!!! :mad:

Hey Pennyjane..
Dont be disheartened your doing fab...
Have a look through my losses.. and you will see I had a few where I have just lost 2 lbs and then a week after that I lost 5 3/4..
Hang in there if you are sticking to it, it will come off .. it has too.
Good luck x

I think your problem may be your nibbleing, it depends on what you are having, you could try and SS+ so you can still have a meal, if you are really feeling ill on CD then maybe its not for you, Good luck with whatever you do

I think your problem may be your nibbleing, it depends on what you are having, you could try and SS+ so you can still have a meal, if you are really feeling ill on CD then maybe its not for you, Good luck with whatever you do

Lin, your losses are amazing by the way!!
Well done you...... x

I am wondering if the fact that I am already doing the SS+ and not quite hitting ketosis that that is the reason for finding it so hard??? Has anyone else done SS+ and found it harder to do than the SS? What I mean to say is that perhaps if I go into deep ketosis on SS then perhaps I feel better????

Im on week 12 and SS+ing this week, to be honest i find it easy, i dont feel any different on SS+ than SS, you could give it a try and see how it goes, you should still be in ketosis on SS+ good luck and dont worry if you follow the diet properly you will still have amazing retults.

Penny, what I have been doing is sticking to SS, but on days where I feel like I'm going to cheat, I do SS+.
I also try to stagger my shakes so try to have my brekkie at 10am, lunch at about 2ish, and then dinner about 7. That helps me, as I am never hungry when I get up in the morning. I just have a pint of water and a coffee when I get up.
I have bought in Asda, a frozen pack of chicken breast pieces, turkey breat steaks and haddock. If I need something extra, I shove one of them in the oven, then have a mix a mousse for pudding. Yum!

Ps: Have you tried mix a mousse? Me and Curly are BIG fans, and it has def spurred me on- something different and all that!
Helen xx

The problem is that if I am only losing 2-3lbs a week and feeling like this, I could perhaps do the same on a 1000kcal diet??? I think I am not right for this diet!

I know what you mean- I started to think like that last week, but then remembered that I had actually eaten half an easter egg, and lived off shredded wheat for 2 wks. I have been back on it 100% this week, and have done a sneaky weigh in this morning- and I am 12st 12.5lb, which is fab! It does work, if you're 100%, but the slightest cheat can cause chaos with the water retention.
Maybe you should go up to 810 for 2 wks, then go up to 1000. It's tempting to say, s0d it, I'm joining WW, but then you and I both know how easy it is to have the extra point and not count it!!!!
Plus, the first week you do a diff diet, you WILL put on water weight, and that will be dis-heartening- so much so, there's a danger of saying stuff it.
Swings and roundabouts I think.
But this diet is not for everyone.
Good luck in whatever you do....xxxxxxx

Pennyjane..
2lbs or 3lbs a week is still a great loss...... what do you expect to lose a week hon, your doing great... If you feel its not right for you then try something else but I personally think your doing fab.. and if I lose 2 or 3 lbs a week I am pleased as I know when I have done other diets sometimes I can lose 1/2 pound or stay the same or put on even though I have been doing fab and get so disheartened.

Good luck with whatever you decide hon .. we are all different and expect different things i guess x

I have just found out i have lost 3lbs today im on ss ... please dont be disheartened hun x

Penny, what I have been doing is sticking to SS, but on days where I feel like I'm going to cheat, I do SS+.
I also try to stagger my shakes so try to have my brekkie at 10am, lunch at about 2ish, and then dinner about 7. That helps me, as I am never hungry when I get up in the morning. I just have a pint of water and a coffee when I get up.
I have bought in Asda, a frozen pack of chicken breast pieces, turkey breat steaks and haddock. If I need something extra, I shove one of them in the oven, then have a mix a mousse for pudding. Yum!

Ps: Have you tried mix a mousse? Me and Curly are BIG fans, and it has def spurred me on- something different and all that!
Helen xx

Awww love them.. you know I do...... are you still having one every night.. ? :)

Trouble is that I've not cheated on chocolate or shreaded wheat!! I've had just a bit more chicken, some cheese, anything as long as it's protein!! I've successfully lost weight before and just eaten sensibly with the same results that I am having here... hmmm I'm not sure... perhaps I am doing too much!

I think the problem with SS is that to see the amazing results some of the people of here have had, you HAVE to stick to it 100% - otherwise you might not be staying in ketosis (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). How much water are you managing to drink? I think lots of water is the key to not straying, as it seems to satisfy hunger and cravings as well (although you will be constantly on the loo!). Perhaps try a week where you stick to SS or SS+ 100% - I'm sure the weight loss you see will then spur you on. If you don't think you're designed for SS or SS+ why not try one of the higher plans? Although the weight loss may be a little slower, you may be able to stick to it a bit easier without feeling ill? I'm afraid I think that the key though it to find a plan that suits you, and stick to it 100% (again, just my opinion, feel free to disagree!)

I hope you manage to find something that suits you and good luck with your weight loss journey! x

Cheese is pretty high in calories you know...and you could be underestimating how much you are having.CD promise a stone a month-and 3lbs a week is pretty close.If you are nibbling you may want to try SS+ or a higher plan.

The problem with a bit more chicken, some cheese etc is that they all add up & don't forget that cheese tends to be very high in fat - a small matchbox size piece of cheese contains approx 120 calories! Losing 2-3lbs a week sounds like a really good weight loss to me - don't forget you need to cut out 3,500 calories to lose a pound of fat.

That said however if you think that doing a 1,000 calorie a day plan would work better for you then give it a go. We're all different and there's no point in making yourself totally miserable or feeling ill to lose weight. That's not sustainable in either the short or long term.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Dont think nibbleing on cheese and extra chicken is doing you any favours, try having just what its says your allowed, no extras sorry, and plenty of water. It may be you should up the plans further or try something different, but i think you should give it a real try first before you write it off. Good luck with whatever you decide to do

i was thinking the same as i now have 30lbs to lose and even giving my self 8 weeks i will need to lose 3-4 per week i am not sure that's going to happen :(

try 1 whole week drinking 4 ltrs of water
no milk in tea/coffee
no coke zero
and all 3 of you allowed packs and see if you have lost more weight ... if so then you know it's the little nibbles and other bits people bodies are different but with this diet i like the control as with ww or sw i think you need lots more will power to measure everyting and say no !

don't try and exercise too much i have read this can make you retain water weight etc but i do about 30-60 minutes walking a day ( i have two doggies ) and 30 sit up's trying to up this but it hurts lol

good luck i feel the same but must admit it's because i am an impatient person i want to lose 7 lbs a week heeeeee i know this is not realisist but i still pray for it lol

wannabe xx

Trouble is that I wasn't having the extras before, I only had them because my CDc advised me to as I was feeling so tired. I've been drinking lots and not had any carbo or diet drinks, just clear water. There are people doing Atkins who are in ketosis who loose loads of weight and eat really high fat foods so it still doesn't make sense.

Back