I think I want to swim - Finally went!!

Yeah, and I'm itching to know too Auburn! ;) How did it go??

hope u managed to go....... Ive started going swimming again and have same prob as you, am a blind as a bat but works well for me as cant see how bad I look in my swimming costume :)

I'm very short-sighted too, I can't identify a person stood right in front of me but I swim every day. I bought prescription goggles and they're well worth it. They make me feel so much more confident, not just actually in the pool but negotiating my way in and out of changing rooms etc, rather than sliding along the wall, carefully feeling my way.

They're much cheaper than you'd think - they're only about £25 online from Vision Direct.

Confession - I have been avoiding this thread... I haven't been yet, I keep wussing out. I have a bag in the back of my car with my stuff in, but I have just driven PAST the swimming pool twice now, rather than stop....

There is an "adults only" session on Thursday and Friday, which I could go to after work, or a Public session at the other pool on Tuesday.

I will do it. I will force myself to... :)

Once you start it's addictive. I can't go at the moment due to pregnancy problems but I started going daily last August and by Christmas I was swimming 2 km every day and felt so good for it. It also helped me lose weight and tone up a bit. The prescription goggles really would help with confidence too. Have a look on their website, they send them out really quickly.

I had a no-glasses swimming near-miss the other day. The door from our gym's changing rooms out to the pool doesn't open fully. I'm going out, a one-legged lady on crutches is coming in, and we get jammed with this half-open door, her stuck this side of the barrier, me stuck between her and freedom and not seeing why exactly the door won't open any further...

Took some complex manoeuvres to get out of that one!

Confession - I have been avoiding this thread... I haven't been yet, I keep wussing out.

:8855::8855::8855:

At least you're honest! Go on, bite the bullet and go. It really won't be half as bad as you think.

8am turned into half 2, but I did it :D

It wasn't half as bad as I was expecting. I think it was the fear of the unknown! Although, to be honest, I may have to consider an alternative swimming cozzie... I spent more time worrying about my boobs escaping than swimming... but I went, and I feel way better than I thought I would, and I will go back soon!

Very nice and refreshing in this hot weather :)

ps - Thank you all so so much for the support :) If only I could say the same for the cozzie...

YAY!!
Well done, good for you :D

Well I finally got a decent swimming costume yesterday, tried it on and I look horrendous from my belly below lol but I have to take the plunge now.

Thinking of going to an adults session this Tuesday night.. so if anyone in the Aberdeen area fancies it, let me know!! Eeeeeeek.

It wasn't half as bad as I was expecting. I think it was the fear of the unknown! Although, to be honest, I may have to consider an alternative swimming cozzie... I spent more time worrying about my boobs escaping than swimming... but I went, and I feel way better than I thought I would, and I will go back soon!

ps - Thank you all so so much for the support :) If only I could say the same for the cozzie...

Well Done xxxxxx

I am in the same boat my cozzie is a 24 but i think sod em !!

I go 3 times a week and recently did swimathon 2010 swam 5k (167) lengths in 2hrs 21 mins 21 secs !!

YAY!!
Well done, good for you :D

Well I finally got a decent swimming costume yesterday, tried it on and I look horrendous from my belly below lol but I have to take the plunge now.

Thinking of going to an adults session this Tuesday night.. so if anyone in the Aberdeen area fancies it, let me know!! Eeeeeeek.

def up for this at some point! i need to get my bum into gear and get this weight shifted a bit faster! x

p.s yay well done! x

I went swimming this morning before work at 7am!
I DID IT :D
I was so nervous last night and hardly slept, but I got there and I was fine. The pool was pretty empty, about 8 others and I managed 32 lengths which is 1/2 a mile. I feel great. Going to *try* and go every day now before work, Monday to Friday.
Bring on tomorrow lol!

Back