Stabilization I think that is it for me :-)

I meant cider vinegar, sorry!

Lol, that makes sense since cider is made from apples. Still sounds good :)

Sugar free sweets can be a big help at these times, I find (when kids/others tucking into something...). It's true that we always have to think in advance, have something in our pocket(!). You did brilliantly!

I admire your restraint around strawberries

Thank you. I am very determined at the moment but blinking heck, the best strawberry crop we have ever had! The sweetest thing I ate was the mangetout at the allotment, that was soooo good. Means I eat the smallest and tenderest of them too. I shall bare in mind the sweets, especially coming up to the dreaded TOTM.

Your weight loss is amazing. Have you found Dukan to be the best diet you have tried?

I didn't lose my weight with Dukan... the last bit only, which I yoyo (but I did anyway before Dukan, because I'm a binge eater unfortunately, and Dukan helps me continue with that mindset!)

Because it is all you can eat? I do worry about adopting eating styles that are not normal for me. For instance making the oat bran into muffins and being able to eat a few of them, snacking inbetween meals. These are things that I don't generally do so I am trying to keep my eating and his diet as one. Although I do need a booster snack mid morning and mid afternoon, I try to see this as part of his diet. Does that make sense?

I've noticed tht the more time that passes on the diet the less hungry I am and the less I snack. I do however have an issue with boredom which is when I used to snack, often on chocolate and once I start I can't stop :( x

I find that if I start on chocolate I can't stop until it's all gone - I see it as a bit like alcoholism. If I don't have it then I don't want it, but.....

Ditto! I do believe that chocoholic should be considered serious as it is an addiction. Once I start I can't stop x

I am so the same way. Especially at that totm. I also got into the habit when hubby went out in the evening to run an errand I would say, if you happen to be passing a shop that sells chocolate ... Translated to get me chocolate or you die! Being a kind soul he would then bring back a selection of chocolates and what is a girl to do!

Today it has been hard to eat well. I had a meeting at home which lasted 2 hours over and had a knock on effect for dinner.

B - Cottage cheese, low fat ham slice
L - Scrambled eggs with ham
D - Fried egg (fun with no fat!) with gallete and plain yoghurt with crushed vit C tablet (surprisingly ok)

2 coffees with milk and plenty of water. More strawberry picking just to add to the torchure! Think hayfever is kicking in :-(

Did you get any sleep after that late vit C tablet (I think they can keep you awake!!). Bet you'll be glad when those strawberries are gone! Making jam?

You are not kidding on the strawberries. I put them in a container and sniffed and I swear I was absorbing them just doing that! We have lbs of tayberries and raspberries but I do not like either of them so I can happily pick those but strawberries. Think I might see if I can dry a few of them so at the very least I can have a few later.

Today is official weigh in and I am so pleased that I have lost 5lbs in the first week. Gives me so much motivation to keep going. I have been so strict on the Dukan and I can feel the difference. To celebrate I get vegetables. :)

Sorry the Vit C tablet. I take this throughout the day up until I go to bed and have never noticed any sleep distruption. I was a good way to use up one of my 6-8 doses though.

B - Plain yoghurt with vanilla, chicken slices
L - tuna salad with greek yoghurt (now officially addicted to that) with Dukan vinegrette
D - Hunters beef. Quality beef steak, mushrooms, celery and spring onions in a red wine and soy sauce sauce with ginger, cinnamon and caynenne pepper. Steamed vegetables.
S - chicken slices.

Have really enjoyed my food today, looking forward to dinner.

Struggling a bit with motivation and food. I think I am a bit bored :-(

B - chicken slices
L - Scrambled eggs with ham slices
D - chicken marinated in yoghurt, galette, yoghurt mint dip (greek my new favourite).

Tomorrow (Sat)

B - Eggs with tomatoes and galette.
L - Left over chicken from Friday salad with vinegrette
D - Beef meatballs in tomato sauce (already made)
S - vegetables
Need to avoid a BBQ between 2-4pm with an endless supply of homemade cakes! *shakes head* When I say avoid, I mean I will be there but not eating.

Well the BBQ was fun. The cakes looked amazing, all homemade and delicious looking. Hubby and child did their best on my behalf. I had a black tea :-( Feeling very virtous though and hubby well impressed with my powers of restraint.

B - Chicken and yoghurt
L - Chicken breasts, yoghurt dip and cottage cheese
D - Grilled Salmon, galette with dry fried egg with greek yoghurt side.

No snacks today, haven't needed them.

Well-resisted, Poppy. :)

I was going to suggest that you check the Recipes section for inspiration as you're bored with your food at the moment, but your menus already sound delicious! Is it the lack of variety of foods allowed during Cruise which is causing your motivation to lag at the moment?

I think protein only day can get a bit boring as I am not a huge meat eater. I dislike seafood so that is out so end up pretty much with chicken and sometimes minced beef. Totally forgot about fish and had a brain wave yesterday that we could eat fish today and it was good. I glazed it with mustard and lemon juice and had it with my galette and fried egg with just plain greek yoghurt. I could eat that again (another day I am totally full now).

I have had a look through the recipe section and gained some ideas. Easier on veggie day and I have been checking out what I can eat in conso so much happier with that.

Tomorrow for lunch I am going to make tuna with a boiled egg chopped up in it with celery salt and greek yoghurt. Served with a salad with vinegrette. Evening I will make a chicken casserole with lots of veggies which just leaves breakfast which will be scrambled eggs with Dukan style tomato ketchup. Should stop me feeling bored.

Happy with the weight loss and I can really notice a difference with my body. I weigh myself every day and I looks like another lb is ready to come off which will be my half way mark. Now if only the weight loss could stay this quick!

Back