I want the old me back!

Choccieaddict

I will do my best to keep coming back and posting my food intake. I'm on day 6 of Xenical and think I'm getting the hang of it. Any feedback is welcome!

Yesterday:

Brekkie: banana, apple, coffee with Coffeemate Light

Lunch: M&S Sandwich collection, 2 Americanos with semi-skimmed milk. 30g packet of Twiglets.

Dinner: Morrison's cooked chicken (quarter of a fist sized portion - not a meat fan), 4 little potato wedges with Scwartz Garlic and Herb mix, salad, scrape of Hellman's Extra Light Mayo. Tbsp tinned sweetcorn

Snack: raw carrot

Evening snack: 20g scoop Soya Protein powder with a banana and 300ml semiskimmed milk (this soya shake is a new thing I'm trying to up my protein intake as I don't much like meat, milk or eggs). Apple.

32 WW Propoints.

Today's plan:

Brekkie: Soya Protein shake made with half water, half semi skimmed milk, a banana and pinch of cinnamon

Lunch: M&S Sandwich selection (coffee morning again...don't normally eat out twice in a week :)). 2 Americanos with semi skimmed milk

Midafternoon snack before I start work: Soya Protein Shake made with water and banana

Late dinner: M&S Count on Us Mushroom Risotto microwave meal. 6 almonds. Mini Babybel light.

So far I'm not counting calories because I track points with WW Online, but if the weight doesn't come off I will count calories. That lot is 26 WW Propoints. I should have 30 but I'm finding it a bit tricky sometimes to get the points up to 30 and the fat under 45g per day!

Ever thought about switching semi-skimmed to skimmed?

I did two years - cant stand semi skimmed milk now!

I think you could do with eating a bit more :)

all the best laid plans....so the saying goes...hub decided to pop some prawns on the BBQ so for dinner I had those, 2 new potatoes with salad and a splash of fat free viniagarette, followed by a Harley's raspberry jelly. Pointswise it was about the same as my first plan. I've felt a bit lightheaded today so I think you may have been right Violet! Since I have enough points left and my dinner contained about 2g of fat I think I can safely (gulp!) treat myself to two little Time Out fingers. Really looking forward to those, haven't had real chocolate for over a week, and, yep, being a choccieaddict that is some achievement :D

About the milk, I think I could easily swop to skimmed milk seeing as I don't even like milk. I need to make a couple of changes to my usual shopping list. Thanks for the idea.

Tomorrow will be a challenge. We are going to a party in a hall in the evening and I will have to be really careful about which nibbles I nibble! I hope they have some veggie sticks and Twiglets! I can't think what other party nibbles would be ok to eat on Xenical!

Be careful with the chocolate and the Xenical! Xenical is always in your system, so even if you don't take it that day, you can still react.

I think you need to track your calories a bit, up the water and the food, you're not eating enough, and unless you eat you won't loose.

www.myfitnesspal.com

Sign up to the above site, if you haven't already, you can track your food accurately and helps with the cals too :)

I have semi skimmed milk, I can have that on cereals too, and I don't mind it. I would drop down to skimmed but it wouldn't be fair on the kids. Milk is a good way to increase your calorie intake while avoiding high fat, so maybe you shouldn't change it... a lot of people on Xenical need to have extra things to up their cals and fat, and choose to do that with a bowl of cereal for example and the milk helps :)

Be careful with the chocolate and the Xenical! Xenical is always in your system, so even if you don't take it that day, you can still react.

I think you need to track your calories a bit, up the water and the food, you're not eating enough, and unless you eat you won't loose.

www.myfitnesspal.com

Sign up to the above site, if you haven't already, you can track your food accurately and helps with the cals too :)

I have semi skimmed milk, I can have that on cereals too, and I don't mind it. I would drop down to skimmed but it wouldn't be fair on the kids. Milk is a good way to increase your calorie intake while avoiding high fat, so maybe you shouldn't change it... a lot of people on Xenical need to have extra things to up their cals and fat, and choose to do that with a bowl of cereal for example and the milk helps :)

I had the Timne Out and the Xenical...hopefully it will be ok because dinner plus the Time Out only came to about 11g of fat.
I will take a look at Myfitnesspal. I have definitely reduced the amount I was eating before Xenical and would be interested to see how many calories I have eaten in the past two days. I have no idea how many calories I ate before, but it must have been an awful lot as my weight has been gradually increasing over the years. Thanks for the advice, it is appreciated :thankyou:

I totted up my calories on myfitnesspal as you suggested Violet. Yesterday's was roughly 1300 cals. Now, normally I would have thought this was quite low, but myfitnesspal suggested that I should be having 1200 cals. I don't think I've ever had that few! I typed in that I exercise 4 times a week for 30 mins and that I am lightly active and want to lose 2lbs a week. Perhaps that's why.

I'm not sure whether to trust its suggestion of 1200 cals :(

Mfp gave me 1200 calories per day and I don't do any exercise most of the time. Boots diets gives me 1475 per day so I fire as long as I come somewhere in between each day I'll be ok. And it does seem to work

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hun, you NEED to look at the amount of fat per 100grams! You have to eat with 5grams or less of fat per 100grams, the meal you ate at 11g's total, was a lot higher than what you think because of the amount of fat per 100g.

I would trust my fitness pal... 1200 calories is standard for most adult women, and you need to start at that so when you do loose weight, and when it slows down you can adjust your calorific level to loose weight. 1200 calories is also what you'd find on other weight loss sites and is what is recommended by experts :)

For the moment, I'd get your head around the fat, tot up the fat and go from there..that's when I had my best losses, just by watching the fat..you do have to create a calorie deficit to loose weight, but it can be a little confusing tracking everything, calories are important though as you need to make sure you eat at least 1200 for weight loss, undereating won't help :)

thanks for that info Violet. I thought I should look at how many grams (and keep it under15 per meal) or 5g per 100! Glad I've got that sorted before I've had any accidents :eek:

Still can't get over only having 1200 though. What happens when you plateau? Surely you can't dip below 1200 (and be healthy) to kickstart weightloss again. Perhaps you just stick with 1200 cals and eventually weightloss will restart?

So much to learn...(which explains why I am still here on Minimins I guess LOL)

Well, it's the end of week 1 on Xenical and I am pleased that I have lost 5lbs (although I am a bit sceptical that it's all Xenical's doing as my period has just ended so some could be fluid...even so, I like the drop!)

I struggled at the party last night. There was not one nibble with no fat! I stuck to diet Cokes all night, had a couple of sips of hub's Bailey's and ice at the end of the evening and ate 6 Pringles and 3 prawn vol au vents. I didn't take a pill last night and am waiting to see what happens today!

No other social events until 8th August so it's back on the straight and narrow for me. Have a good weekend everyone :fingerscrossed:

A loss is a loss well done.

I'm not looking forwards to some of the parties coming up but hope if I eat first I won't feel so hungry & can avoid the buffet. Need to work out what I'll choose for some of the pub meals which are coming up.

A loss is a loss well done.

I'm not looking forwards to some of the parties coming up but hope if I eat first I won't feel so hungry & can avoid the buffet. Need to work out what I'll choose for some of the pub meals which are coming up.
that's a good tactic, I had a low fat tea before I went out. Good luck with your pub meals!

That's really good hun..and you need to take credit for that, Xenical needs you to work with it, so it wasn't Xenical alone :)

Was really chuffed this morning, another 2 lbs down, that makes 7lbs in 10 days.
This afternoon however I feel yuck! I went out for coffees with a friend and had a Diet Coke, Americano, M&S sandwiches (stuck to Xenical fat rules) and then 'pushed the boat out' with a mocha. Either it was the mocha or waaay to much caffeine but I now feel lousy. I haven't had any mishaps, but I have been on and off the toilet. Could it be the mocha? I stuck to low fat eating yesterday so not sure what's caused it but it's enough to make me think I don't want any more Xenical!

Sorry to hear you don't feel too good. Hope you feel better very quickly.

Hope you're feeling better!

thanks, I'm feeling better today. It must have been caffeine because I couldn't get to sleep until 3am this morning! Back on track now :)

Tomorrow is day 13 on Xenical and my online Weight Watchers weigh in day. Can't wait to see what the scales say.

We are on holiday from next Wednesday and I would love to see the scales dip below 14 stone. I haven't been under 14 stone since August 2009 (and even then I only stayed there for a couple of months!)

I'mmglad you're feeling better, I dd reply to you in you thread in the main Xenical section.. have you thought about going decaff? I had a similar problem and I was making it worse by worrying etc... I switched to decaff a few months ago, and things are 100% better :)

Back