I went away, now im back!

catherinejm

As suspected, my weight has crept back up again! So I have just finished my first induction shop (my trolley was very green) but I think other than the occasional chicken breast and protein shake, I will have some trouble fitting enough protein in. Will this affect my weight loss?

Also, any tips as to how I can cram it in?

Any help is much appreciated :)

Hi catherine and welcome. Atkins is a low carb, high fat and medium protein diet - so actually you dont need to push the protein:). Make sure you are getting enough fat and protein to avoid being hungry, eat plently of green leafy veg and avoid all those nasty carbs - should work well:D

Ah thanks Katie! I will try my hardest and keep you updated!

I think the book is right when it states right at the beginning make sure you read it all first. A lot of people think 'okay Atkins, time for fried eggs and steaks!' its a lot different to what I expected!

Ah thanks Katie! I will try my hardest and keep you updated!

I think the book is right when it states right at the beginning make sure you read it all first. A lot of people think 'okay Atkins, time for fried eggs and steaks!' its a lot different to what I expected!

Hi Catherine,

I find it really helps to actually weigh or measure my veg at first, because it is so easy to think 'ah, that's about about a cup' only to find out it was two! I also write down all the carbs on a little pad I keep in my handbag so by evening I know pretty well what I have left.

Good luck and hope it goes off quickly : )

hugs
xx

Thank you to you both!

Day one has gone well! Haven't manage to have three square meals, more like a protein shake, cheese a couple of packets of pork scratchings and a steak! Promise I will prepare something for tomorrow!

Still feels a little too good to be true!

Am not going to weigh until 2 weeks, hoping to see a bigger loss which will hopefully spur me on!

Well done - and staying off the scales is a great idea:)

Back