I will be Naughty for one evening

gopi2000

Hi All, with a friends party coming up, I know I will drink my first sip of alcohol. I am currently into day 12 and been 100% LT so far.

If I am allowing myself a treat and be "merry" with everyone else and partyin away, which alcohol drinks should I avoid.

I am also concerned I may feel drunk very quick with no solids in my stomach !

Any tips.... just for a planned one evening.

Gopi.......apparently any alcohol at all is dangerous as your liver simply can't process it, it's not just a question of having an empty stomach! Personally I wouldn't take the risk, either re-feed or go without! I think that there are some more informative posts on here than this.......or check up on the LT website.

OMG Sandra, thanks for the quick reply, I better check the forums.

Thanks

Gopi.. I found this for you:

For anyone wanting alcohol over Christmas
I found this on another thread, and thought it might be a good idea to post it up seeing as we are getting nearer to the festive season:

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol.

I hope this helps anyone who is thinking of drinking whilst on this diet x x

Hi All, with a friends party coming up, I know I will drink my first sip of alcohol. I am currently into day 12 and been 100% LT so far.

If I am allowing myself a treat and be "merry" with everyone else and partyin away, which alcohol drinks should I avoid.

I am also concerned I may feel drunk very quick with no solids in my stomach !

Any tips.... just for a planned one evening.

Yip, don't. Seriously. It is both dangerous to your health and your diet. Stick to soda water, you'll learn that having a drink is actually quite rubbish.

That's brilliant Su.....thx

I've got two parties to go to this weekend.......usually I would get quite pi88ed.....OK ocassionally I would get very pi88ed! Going to be an interesting experience! Saturday is lunch with a bunch of girlfriends, we've been known to be quite tipsy before we even make it to the table and Saturday night is a friend's 50th birthday at his house.

Only good thing is that I have lots of clothes that fit again so plenty of choice as to what to wear!!!!!

That's brilliant Su.....thx

I've got two parties to go to this weekend.......usually I would get quite pi88ed.....OK ocassionally I would get very pi88ed! Going to be an interesting experience! Saturday is lunch with a bunch of girlfriends, we've been known to be quite tipsy before we even make it to the table and Saturday night is a friend's 50th birthday at his house.

Only good thing is that I have lots of clothes that fit again so plenty of choice as to what to wear!!!!!

I hope you have a fabulous time Sandra x x x
There will be loads of time for getting pi88ed once you reach goal, and i bet that won't take long x x x

I hope you have a fabulous time Sandra x x x
There will be loads of time for getting pi88ed once you reach goal, and i bet that won't take long x x x

Just been invited out for 'lunch' on Friday too, by my cousin who hasn't seen me since my birthday in France. I told her that I wasn't eating and about LT, she wants to see how different I look! We're just going to go for drinks, Pinot Grigio for her and Perrier for me..... Can't wait fo a good piss-up TBH:D

Me neither Sandra ......... have you seen me and you next to the xmas tree on my signature?? pmsl xxx

Me neither Sandra ......... have you seen me and you next to the xmas tree on my signature?? pmsl xxx

Ah is that us? That's so sweet x

Yeah a bottle of wine each lol ( its ok there will be more in the fridge) lol xxx

I should hope so! I'm such a wine fan Daisy, that we had a wine fridge put in the utility in the French house (really close for the patio) and we've got a fridge on the flybridge of the boat! Ooooooo I can't remember what wine tastes like, can you?

Are you the little figure that falls over or is that me? It could be when someone takes my walking stick away! Xxx

Me too.....I can ration food but not wine......or champagne for that matter!

At least we will be familiar with baring our souls to all and sundry!

Back