Total Solution I will do this!!

Good morning kitty, just caught up on your diary, hope you have a good day and I'm sure if you stick to it you will get more than 2lb this next week x

Actually I think 2lbs may be about right since you were already losing weight beforehand so dont have much water weight to lose, so you're not going to get a big first week loss the way others have done. I've had weeks of low losses too, the weight will come off at it's own rate I've learned, no point stressing about it, if you're 100% it will come off and there's not much more you can do to influence that other than maybe drink a bit more water and do a bit of gentle exercise. Also, if you've had a cold that can affect your losses too, your body works differently when it's not well, it may be that instead of using it's energy to burn fat, it's using it to fight the cold.

Thanks Alia! :)
And you're right Jae, I guess I was just hoping for 3-4 lbs because I need an average of 3.4lbs a week to hit my target date!
Really going to go for it this week! Going to exercise as much as I can and try 3ltrs of water a day. I have been drinking at least 2 a day so far, but I'll try harder.

I should add that I got a small bottle of skimmed milk last night. I really can't drink black coffee. It makes me gag, so I'm gonna be using a tiny splash of that in no more than 2 cups a day. It's almost black, but I really can't drink black coffee :(

X

no, please dont exercise as much as you can, you can stall your weight loss completely (although obviously it will help with toning). If you do that in the first couple of weeks on a VLCD your body will go into starvation mode and you may not lose anything at all because instead of losing fat, your body will store the fat and use muscle (including heart muscle) to fuel itself. It's very important not to do too much exercise while on a VLCD in general, but especially at the beginning when your body is adjusting to living on 600 calories a day.

Well done on your loss Hayley!! Just think that's 2 pounds you'll never have to carry around again!

Are you sure you'll get your weights today since it's a bank holiday? What size weights did you get again? I've got some fit flops so I'll be wearing those when it warms up a bit and do some walking in those! Wish I lived close enough to someone on here to go walking with them! It would make walking so much funner lol x

I live in Fit Flops in the summer, they're incredibly comfortable, I have about 6 pairs, but be aware they dont actually tone you up or anything like that, they're just comfortable and help your posture when you're walking

Crap you're right, I forgot it was bank holiday.... :banghead:

Oh I'm sorry Hayley! You should definitely get them tomorrow! x

Jael - Yeah I know lol. They are seriously the most comfy shoes ever!

Day 9:

Argh! Splitting headache today, but on the bright side, my weights finally came! Lol a bit heavier than I expected, but I have a good feeling about this!

Breakfast this morning consisted of 1/3 of a chocolate orange bar, a coffee with 2 spoons of vanilla shake, and 500ml of water. Fun!
Going to take my boy out for a walk later. Might go and surprise my fiance at work. :)

Hope everyone is feeling good! X

Hope your headache goes away soon! Yay! I'm glad your weights *finally* came! Bet you're happy about that!

Is the 2 spoons of vanilla shake good in the coffee? Does it taste like vanilla or milk in there? I'm having a vanilla shake later and was thinking of trying it! Someone needs to clean up my house lol. I don't want to do it though! Ha! x

Hmm I think it's sort of like coffee mate. Doesnt really taste like vanilla. They don't have strong flavours at all lol. Wouldn't really say it tastes like milk either. Just makes it silky and creamier. Much nicer than black coffee but not as nice as milk and heap of coffee mate hehe. Still.... Better than nothing.

I got the same for lunch too :) but also mixed up a little bit of shake just to drink on its own.

Bloody starving today for some reason! Gimme fooooood!

On the plus side, had a cheeky peak on the scales before my bath, even though weigh day was yesterday, I'm a pound down :) hoping for 4lb this week!! Fingers crossed xx

Ah ok. I ended up just mixing my shake up with coffee and ice instead lol.

I was really really hungry yesterday!

Oh nice! I'm going to *try* to stay off the scales this week until next Tuesday. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too! x

I know but I get sceptical and paranoid to put it lightly! Infact neurotic would be a better word lol.

I do tryyyy but sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me :p

What's on the menu today? X

Haha I know exactly what you mean!!

vanilla shake with coffee for "breakfast" even though I'm having it right now and it feels like it's taking foooooooooooorever to drink it! Choc orange bar for nibbling. And a LT strawberry shake for dinner. I've given up on the soups. I can't stomach them anymore. Too gross. You? x

I'm still tolerating them... The tomato one is gross though! Ordered some pasta carbonara lol they will be replacing tom soups. The rest of the soups are meh.... Okay. I do enjoy the veggie one though! And the mushroom one I had tonight was nice with a small spoon of chicken bovril mixed in! 16 cals and 2g of carbs so not too bad...I'm sure it won't make much of a difference, and I only use it in the mushroom one to make it like chicken and mushroom soup. Mushrooms make me gag :(

Tomorrow's gourmet menu..... Strawberry shake - yummy! I love those, toffee raisin bar - best ones!, chicken soup- well 2 out of 3 isn't bad :p

X

Ah you are braver than I am! Oh nice! I'm hoping the one I ordered comes tomorrow! Are we allowed to have chicken bovril?

I actually prefer the choc orange one, which is weird as I hate orange chocolate! lol. I'm not sure what I'm having tomorrow yet. I'll see how I feel in the morning. All I do know is that I'm having the toffee nut raisin bar. I switch them everyday, variety and all that haha. Ick. The chicken soup made me gag. I'm thinking it's because it's chicken flavor? Who knows? lol x

Oh that sounds so nice! Ha ha....can we make bar/ shake/soup sound exciting??

my other half asked last night while setting the table or dinner you having the same as usual. He nearly fell over when I said no I'm having an omelette ... I just got to the point where I needed something

Well I'm sure it's probably not allowed, but rather 2g extra carbs on top of the 60 we're already having plus 16 cals on top of the 600, than me cutting out the soup and having a sandwich lol. I'm sure it's not too bad :p besides, I sacrificed my second cup of bouillon for it lol x

Chicken Bovril isnt actually on the approved list of things we can have, but of course since the diet isnt monitored everyone tends to do their own thing. If it works for you and doesn't affect your losses then it's probably ok, but be aware it has a massive amount of sodium in it, a 5g spoonful has 860mg of sodium.

And shrimp, I try my best to stay as positive as possible lol. If I'm too honest about what I feel about the diet, it will just get me down and I might break! (and yes, I think the shakes are grainy and have hardly any taste, the bars are too chewy, and leave a horrible texture after they're chewed, and the soups are bland, have an awful consistency, and none of the food is actually satisfying). That being said, I'm getting used to it all and starting to adjust to the flavours and textures of the same things day after day lol. The best words that help me over and over are "HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT THIS?".... That's a lifesaver! Best motivation ever lol. Cus I realy want this! And I know if I keep going, I'll do it :D

X

Back