Step 1 Sole Source I will not be 'the fat daughter from the UK' this time (and all her CD buddies!!)

Oh no! That is absolutely devastating, poor Pablo! How old was he? Sorry for you and your partner that is literally tragic xx

Oh my gosh skinny bean.....I have a cat and he is my world. I feel so so heartbroken for you. Makes me want to keep my Charlie as a house cat but unfortunately he'd hate that as he loves being outside. He's 8 months old and I love him so much. I'm really really sorry and thinking of you.xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Saz, welcome - I'm happy to be your buddy. Well done for getting started!

I've been on the Cambridge diet step 2 for three weeks and was doing well until this morning! Have lost around a stone or more, I believe.

Then for breakfast I had a tiny sausage, a small rasher of bacon and a poached egg, and I feel like crap now, all bloated and disgusting!

Don't know why I did it, other than because I have run out of soups and shakes and my CDC isn't coming round till tonight. I didn't want to be hungry and make bad food choices so I stuck to protein. So now I need to drink plenty of water and flush all this flesh out of me!

I have a tetra in the fridge so I'll have that in a bit to get back on track.

Anyway, let us know how you get on! Good luck - you can do it.

He was 9 months, he was such a homely cat, he only went between mine and my mums, I'm going to get my rescue cats tonight now as I can't sleep alone, I was up at 5.30 this morning, Ben goes to work and then me and Pabs usually have a cuddle till 7.
Thank you for your kind words! Xxx

Hi Skinny, so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Pablo. I lost one of my cats last year in July to heart failure and I still miss him every day so I really feel for you.

I do hope getting your new cats will help ease your pain. They are all lovely in their own way and they give so much back. It'll be lovely to have two - they interact with each other as well as with you.

Be brave and get re-focussed on your weight target as soon as you can. Monday if not sooner!

Thinking of you x

My puppy is 9 months old, if I lost him I'd be beside myself! My cat tiggy used to be so special to me so I am truly sorry. Pets are such an incredible addition to a family!

What breed are the two rescue cats? Two hey that will be double the fun and double the trouble lol. Give them cuddles from all of us!

I'm off to weigh in now :-/ anyone else nervous? Lol

Xx

Hooray I lost just under 2lbs not bad for a birthday week!!! So this weeks plan - basically sole source but will probably have 2 nights of a protein meal as going to my mum and dads for the weekend so makes it slightly more social. I've bought the quorn ready so no cheating from me!
18lbs in 3 weeks! Hoping for maybe 5lb off this week, hopefully that's not too ambitious xxx

Hi All!!!

I'm SO sorry for being AWOL - I felt such a failure I didn't want to bring you girls down with me! My tooth is still causing me agony for the whole of last week so I managed about 3 days SS on and off and other days feeling so sick from strong painkillers that I had to eat and because I couldn't chew it was back to soup and soggy bread.

I went to CDC yesterday (who is so lovely!) and have put on 2lb and a little bit on my bust and bum but thats it. Tooth is getting sorted on Thursday (hopefully) and I can get back to it properly. Getting a bit worried now as its only 71 sleeps till my holiday. I also keep buying boots from ebay that dont yet fit around my calf!!

So I've not taken any painkillers today yet so I'm going to attempt to start today again as I know the end of my tooth is in sight. It may or may not work and I'll be starting after the dentistry on Friday but I'll give it a bash. I've also got one of each bar to try which might help have something in my belly if I do need painkillers again today. I might attempt to crunch (gently!) on a cranberry one today.

I'm not too worried about the gain, I'm still 12something, if I'd gone up another pound and been back in the 13s I'd be gutted but I haven't so fingers crossed.

So sorry to hear about Pablo skinnybean, gutted for you but pleased you're giving two new cats a lovely home x

Well done everyone for keeping going!

Puds x

How naughty is a tube of fromage frais? I have had 2 so that I could take more ibuprofen and antibiotics. In the night I had a mushed up banana - well half. In such agony. Having lots of tetra paks but can't manage the bars of all the large Shakes.

Xxx

So sorry to hear about pablo ((hugs)) xxxxxx i have been enjoying slim and save dieting its been ok so far not been weighed so im excited for friday :) xxx

Hi ladies, I'm glad that everyone is trying so hard to stay focussed. Well, done, with all your traumas and stresses.

I had my WI last night and despite my bacon and sausage disaster, I still lost 2lb. I would have preferred to shed 3, but to be brutally frank I was so constipated yesterday I was amazed to have lost any weight at all! All that meat....

My CDC is away on holiday for two weeks now so I had to buy 42 products - loadsamoney!! I may have to swop to S&S now, or do half and half, if only for the saving.

Now I'm in the 12s I can focus on the next stone, and will look at doing ADD after that. Oooh, nearly forgot - I got back into one pair of my old jeans today - first time in over a year!! Yay!! Got to hang up a pair of the next size down on my wardrobe now, to drive me forward - no more bacon!!!

Onward and upward girls. Linz, good luck at the dentist tomorrow. x

Well done you!!!

I'm about to have the tomato soup for tea, so fingers crossed!

Can't wait for next Tuesday hoping for a big loss. 18lb in 3 weeks so far

Xx

Wow, Linz, 18lb!! That's fantastic! Makes my 13lb in the same period look a bit feeble!

I haven't tried the tomato soup yet, I rashly got 4 sachets so I'm hoping I'll like it - the chicken and mush is LUSH!

I have committed myself to sticking to the letter of the regime for the next 3 wks anyway. Fingers crossed for us all....

xx

Just remembered - I didn't update my little muffin blackboard fridge magnet. Silly me! Will do that now. yay... :p

You're right, I suppose, thanks for the support. I have about 2-3 stones left to lose. Not sure if 10st is realistic and viable, but 11st certainly is. I'm 5'6" and aged 53.

Admittedly, I do feel and look better already, and every week brings me nearer to goal, so I'm not too discouraged. I'm just an impatient person, I want it all yesterday! NB Had my first choc orange bar tonight. It's a bit sickly but was made more palatable by storing it in the freezer. Takes longer to eat, too!

Night night! x

Well done on the losses :) I'm hoping for a good loss this week xx

Back