i_am_plankton's vegan adventures

Wednesday 29th January 2014:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Koko coconut milk from allowance (part HEA) and 4 tsps Agave nectar (2 syns)
S - 1 banana
L - 1 WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), Tesco EV tomato and onion pasta in sauce (free), roasted cherry tomatoes (free), pickled onions and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
S - 1 banana
D - Ended up going to Ed's Diner as we had a 50% off food voucher - definitely way over syns (2 glasses of Fanta, spicy bean burger x 2 in a bun, chips, onion rings and jalapeno jelly!!) Going to reduce syns until the next weigh in and hope the damage isn't too bad :) It was yummy though!
Milk in cuppas - part HEA, 200ml warmed Koko coconut milk (HEA)

Total syns: 10.5 plus a meal at Ed's!!!

Last edited:
Thursday 30th January 2014:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Koko coconut milk from allowance (part HEA)
S - 1 banana
L - 1 WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), third of a packet of Tesco EV golden veg savoury rice (0.5 syn), pickled onions, Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns) and tangerines
S - 1 banana
D - 250g Gnocchi (4 syns) with passata, garlic, mixed herbs, soy sauce, spinach and 1.25 LM sausages (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 9

Body magic: 30 minutes approx. trance dance

Last edited:
Friday 31st January 2014:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Koko coconut milk from allowance (part HEA) and 4 tsps Agave nectar (2 syns)
S - 2 bananas
L - Jacket potato with a tin of baked beans and some roasted cherry tomatoes
S - 1 banana
D - Orzo pasta bake (2.5 syns) with 200g Mccain rustic chips (3 syns), marrowfat peas, 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn) and 1 wholemeal WW pitta (HEB)

Total syns: 8.5

Last edited:
Saturday 1st February 2014:

B - Half a grapefruit sprinkled with canderel
L - Boiled rice with Tesco chickpea dhal (free) and a 1 WW wholemeal pitta (HEB)
D - 2 LM sausages (4 syns) with baked beans, tinned plum tomatoes, herby grilled mushrooms, 1 tbsp HP sauce (1 syn), 1 WW wholemeal pitta (HEB)
S - Hartleys 10 cal mango and passionfruit jelly (half a syn)
S - Half a grapefruit sprinkled with canderel

Total syns: 5.5

Body magic: 30 minutes walking and housework

Last edited:
Sunday 2nd February 2014:

Lunch - Shepherds pie (1/4 pack Tesco mince - 2 syns, onion, peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, oxo cube, vegan worcs sauce, mixed herbs and shepherds pie mix - 1.5 syns) topped with mash (14g vitalite - 4 syns) with peas, carrots, runner beans, red cabbage and approx. 4 syns worth of onion gravy
Dessert - Hartleys 10 cal blackcurrant and blueberry jelly (half a syn)
Dinner - Jacket potato with baked beans, 70g soya cheese (2 x HEB) and a generous drizzle of marmite
Milk in cuppas - part HEA, 200ml warmed Koko chocolate coconut milk (HEA)

Total syns: 12

Body magic: 1 hour walking

Last edited:
Monday 3rd February 2014:

S - 1 banana
L - 1 WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), 150g Tesco EV frozen stir fry (1 syn - carrot, peas, red pepper, leek, mangetout, bean sprouts, bamboo shoot, cabbage, cauliflower, mushroom) with red cabbage, Blue Dragon wholewheat noodles (free) and half a packet Blue Dragon sweet and sour sauce (4 syns) and soy sauce (free), pickled onions
S - Apple and grapes snack pack
D - 1/4 packet of fajita mix (1.5 syns) with mock duck, peppers, onions and straight to wok rice noodles (free)

Total syns: 8.5

Body magic: 1 hour kundalini yoga

Tuesday 4th February 2014:

Weighed in this morning and have maintained which, although a loss would have been nice, was more realistic after my big meal at Ed's last Wednesday but I do feel better knowing I reduced my syns for the days following as otherwise it may have been a gain.

Todays weight: 9st11.5lb
Weight loss: 0lb

S - 1 banana
L - 1 WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), 150g Tesco EV frozen stir fry (1 syn - carrot, peas, red pepper, leek, mangetout, bean sprouts, bamboo shoot, cabbage, cauliflower, mushroom) with red cabbage, Blue Dragon wholewheat noodles (free) and half a packet Blue Dragon sweet and sour sauce (4 syns) and soy sauce (free), pickled onions and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
S - 1 banana
D - 1/4 packet of fajita mix (1.5 syns) with mock duck, peppers, onions, red cabbage and straight to wok rice noodles (free)

Total syns: 10.5

Wednesday 5th February 2014:

S - 1 banana
L - 1 WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), Tesco EV tomato and onion pasta in sauce (free), roasted cherry tomatoes (free), pickled onions and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
S - 1 banana
D - Breakfast pie (1.5 LM sausage - 3 syns, baked beans, plum tomatoes and mashed potato made with 7g vitalite - 2 syns) and some more plum tomatoes on the side, 1 tbsp HP sauce (1 syn)

Total syns: 10

Last edited:
Thursday 6th February 2014:

S - 1 banana
S - Apple and grapes snack pack
D - Breakfast pie (1.5 LM sausage - 3 syns, baked beans, plum tomatoes and mashed potato made with 7g vitalite - 2 syns) and some more plum tomatoes on the side, 1 tbsp HP sauce (1 syn)
S - Half a grapefruit

Total syns: 10

Body magic: 1 hour kundalini yoga

Last edited:
Hi - thought I would say hello to you. HI :) You have done really well especially doing it on line - I have only been to classes a couple of times and found them quite boring as the consultant did not understand about being veggie so I gave up and I just did it myself as well.

I am veggie and eat quite a lot of vegan food but I do like my hex of cheese every day. How long have you been vegan?

I have returned to SW and my diary as I had an accident, did not go to the gym for weeks and weeks and things began to slide and hence back on the wagon in more words than one. I have to forgo my wine full stop whilst doing SW or it is a waste of time and effort.

How much more weight do you want to lose - I have about 7kgs to go now. Will keep up with your diary - there are a couple more veggies one I subscribe to.

Hi - thought I would say hello to you. HI :) You have done really well especially doing it on line - I have only been to classes a couple of times and found them quite boring as the consultant did not understand about being veggie so I gave up and I just did it myself as well.

I am veggie and eat quite a lot of vegan food but I do like my hex of cheese every day. How long have you been vegan?

I have returned to SW and my diary as I had an accident, did not go to the gym for weeks and weeks and things began to slide and hence back on the wagon in more words than one. I have to forgo my wine full stop whilst doing SW or it is a waste of time and effort.

How much more weight do you want to lose - I have about 7kgs to go now. Will keep up with your diary - there are a couple more veggies one I subscribe to.

Hi! Thanks for subscribing, pressures on now to make more interesting meals ;-)

Cool, it's always good to meet veggies/vegans and find new inspiration. I've only been vegan since June but was veggie for 15 years prior to that :) I am sorry to hear about your accident, I hope that you are now recovering well?

I have about another 5kgs or so to go, I recently reduced my target by another 5lb so when I hit 9st I will see how I feel about things and whether I want to reduce some more :)

How do you find being on SW and being veggie in Spain? I didn't struggle in Majorca as a veggie and we're staying on the Costa Dorada in September and it looks like Barcelona has lots of vegan friendly eateries, although we're all inclusive so I'm planning on taking my own protein sources etc into the restaurant :)

Friday 7th February 2014:

S - 1 banana
L - 1 WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), wholewheat cous cous with mixed herbs and garlic salt with roasted cherry tomatoes (free), pickled onions, Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns) and grape snack pack
S - 1 banana
D - Soya steak (free), mashed potato (made with 7g vitalite spread - 2 syns), mixed veg, brussels sprouts, broccoli, 2 tsp Bisto onion gravy granules (4 syns) and veg oxo cube to make gravy and Colman's fresh garden mint sauce (free)
S - Hartleys 10 calorie mango and passionfruit jelly (half a syn)

Total syns: 10.5

Last edited:
Saturday 8th February 2014:

Brunch - 2 WW petit pains (2 x HEB) with 2 LM sausages (4 syns), half a tin of plum tomatoes and 2 tbsp HP sauce (2 syns)
Dinner - Mashed potato (made with 7g vitalite spread - 2 syns), Tesco bean burger (5.5 syns), baked beans, mixed veg, brussels sprouts, broccoli and 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)
Large Starbucks soy latte with hazelnut sugar-free syrup (2 x HEA)

Total syns: 14.5

Body magic: walking around the shops!

Last edited:
Sunday 9th February 2014:

Have been on a buddhist retreat day today and had to contribute a small selection for lunch so went with blackbean rice with stir-fried veg and tofu.

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Alpro original milk (part HEA) and 4 tsps Agave nectar (2 syns)
S - 1 banana
L - WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), 1/3 packet of Blue Dragon blackbean sauce (3 syns) with rice, 150g Tesco EV frozen stir fry (1 syn - carrot, peas, red pepper, leek, mangetout, bean sprouts, bamboo shoot, cabbage, cauliflower, mushroom) and fried tofu (free), pickled onions and mango chunks
D - Jacket potato with a can of baked beans, 47g soya medium cheese (7 syns) and marmite
S - Half a grapefruit sprinkled with Canderel

Total syns: 13

Last edited:
Did you enjoy your Buddhist Retreat?
This is just up the road from where we live The Enlightenment Stupa in Benalmádena - Introduction ...and when it was opened in 2003 it was the largest Stupor in the West. It is absolutely magnificent.
Being Veggie here is a nightmare to be honest as we live in a small town where the food is aimed at tourist and has lots of tapas bars but mostly fish and meat so we tend not to eat out very often unless it is for lunch. Our son has been Vegan for about 25 years and when he comes over we cook at home all the time.
You will be fine in Barcelona.
We only live here part of the year and spend time in Asia where the veggie food is wonderful.
Good Luck with your remaining 5 kgs. My first weigh in back on SW is tomorrow so fingers crossed but I don't seem to lose weight very well but inches so I just take what comes and take more notice of my clothes.

Did you enjoy your Buddhist Retreat?
This is just up the road from where we live The Enlightenment Stupa in Benalmádena - Introduction ...and when it was opened in 2003 it was the largest Stupor in the West. It is absolutely magnificent.
Being Veggie here is a nightmare to be honest as we live in a small town where the food is aimed at tourist and has lots of tapas bars but mostly fish and meat so we tend not to eat out very often unless it is for lunch. Our son has been Vegan for about 25 years and when he comes over we cook at home all the time.
You will be fine in Barcelona.
We only live here part of the year and spend time in Asia where the veggie food is wonderful.
Good Luck with your remaining 5 kgs. My first weigh in back on SW is tomorrow so fingers crossed but I don't seem to lose weight very well but inches so I just take what comes and take more notice of my clothes.

Wow the stupa is amazing - I've always wanted to visit Benalmadena, I've known people who have been and said how lovely it is so maybe this is a good excuse for a future holiday!
I don't know if you've ever come across the Happy Cow website but it's great for listing veggie friendly places, and there is one listing for Benalmadena: Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurants, Healthy, Organic, Benalmadena, Spain

Good luck with your weight loss too, I hope you managed to lose this morning :)

Monday 10th February 2014:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Blue Diamond unsweetened almond milk (part HEA)
S - 1 banana
L - WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), a small amount from a packet of Blue Dragon blackbean sauce (2 syns) with rice, 100g Tesco EV frozen stir fry (0.5 syn - carrot, peas, red pepper, leek, mangetout, bean sprouts, bamboo shoot, cabbage, cauliflower, mushroom) and fried tofu (free), pickled onions and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
S - Grapes snack pack
D - Curry (1/5 jar Tesco finest Jalfrezi sauce - 2.5 syns, chickpeas, red lentils, onions, plum tomatoes, sliced peppers, passata, various spices, garlic), boiled rice (free), 2 Sharwoods plain pappadums (4 syns) and 1 tbsp Sharwoods mango chutney (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 13.5

Last edited:
Tuesday 11th February 2014:

Todays weight: 10st10.5lb
Weight loss: -1lb

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Blue Diamond unsweetened almond milk (part HEA)
S - 1 banana
L - WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), Tesco EV tomato and onion pasta in sauce (free) with tomato puree, soya mince, garlic and mixed veg, pickled onions and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
D - Curry (1/5 jar Tesco finest Jalfrezi sauce - 2.5 syns, chickpeas, red lentils, onions, plum tomatoes, sliced peppers, passata, various spices, garlic), boiled rice (free), 2 Sharwoods plain pappadums (4 syns) and 1 tbsp Sharwoods mango chutney (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 11

Last edited:
I have been to look at the restaurant - it is on my way to the gym and I have not noticed it before now. It is basically an Indian restaurant that does some Italian stuff - it is no different to any other Indian place. Channa Masala (chickpea stew) with rice and bread is about £9 and they do some veggie soups and other veggie/vegan Indian food.

We use Happy Cow as we travel quite a lot - we found an amazing Restaurant in Saigon from there - will find some pictures later. It was an amazing place. On page 72 of my diary I have put a pic of the stall we used all the time when we were in Vietnam - all vegan and cost very little money.

Congratulations on the weight loss.

Thursday 13th February 2014:

Didn't update yesterday as I went out last night but yesterday I had 14.5 syns.

Todays food:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Blue Diamond unsweetened almond milk (part HEA) and 4 tsp Agave nectar (2 syns)
S - 1 banana
L - WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), Tesco EV tomato and onion pasta in sauce (free) with tomato puree, soya mince, garlic and mixed veg, pickled onions, salt and vinegar Velvet Crunch (4 syns) and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
S - 1 banana
D - Bolognese (1/5 jar Tesco EV pasta sauce - 1.5 syns, dried soya mince, onions, peppers, mushrooms, chilli, garlic, oxo cube, vegan worcs sauce, dried mixed herbs, tomato puree and passata) with wholewheat spaghetti

Total syns: 9.5

Last edited:
Back