i_am_plankton's vegan adventures

Wednesday 12th March:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Oatly milk from allowance (part HEA) and sliced strawberries
L - Tesco EV tomato and onion pasta in sauce (free) with extra herbs, tomato puree and soya mince, salt and vinegar velvet crunch (4 syns), pickled onions and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
S - Banana
D - Fajita pitta (WW wholemeal pitta - HEB) with 1/4 pkt of Old El Paso fajita spice mix (1.5 syns, mock duck (free), onions, peppers, spicy wedges (free), Heinz BBQ beanz (free), 25g soya cheese (4 syns)
S - 2 bananas with 30g Alpro soya light cream (1 syn)
200ml chocolate Oatly (HEA)

Total syns: 12.5

Last edited:
Thursday 13th March:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Oatly milk from allowance (part HEA) and 4 tsp light and mild agave nectar (2 syns)
S - 1 banana
L - Tesco EV tomato and onion pasta in sauce (free) with extra herbs, tomato puree and soya mince, salt and vinegar velvet crunch (4 syns), pickled onions and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
S - 1 banana
D - Fry's chicken-style burger (2.5 syns), wedges, marrowfat peas, WW wholemeal pitta (HEB) and 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Total syns: 11.5

Last edited:
Friday 14th March:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Oatly milk from allowance (part HEA) and sweetener
S - 1 banana
L - Jacket potato with a can of Tesco chickpea dhal (free) and a Hartleys mango and passionfruit 10 cal jelly pot (half a syn)
S - 1 banana
D - Plum tomatoes, mushrooms, roasted red pepper, baked beans, 3 LM sausages (6 syns), 5 Birds Eye mini potato waffles (5 syns), WW petit pains (HEB) and 1 tbsp HP sauce (1 syn)

Total syns: 12.5

Last edited:
Saturday 15th March:

Brunch - 2 Vegetarians Choices meat free burgers (2 syns) in a toasted wholemeal WW pitta (HEB) with instant mashed potato, peas, broad beans, carrots, broccoli and brussels sprouts
Dinner - Plum tomatoes, grilled large flat mushroom, roasted red pepper, Heinz five beanz, 2 LM sausages (4 syns), 4 Birds Eye mini potato waffles (4 syns) and WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB)
Snack - 2 chopped bananas and strawberries with 60g Alpro soya light cream (2 syns)

Total syns: 12

Last edited:
Sunday 16th March:

Brunch - Soya steak (free) with half a packet of Tesco EV golden veg savoury rice (1 syn), broccoli, carrots and peas
Dinner - WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB) topped with tomato puree and 35g soya cheese (HEB), 250g McCain rustic oven chips (4 syns), Heinz five beanz (free) and 1 tbsp tomato ketchup (1 syn)
Snack - Chopped strawberries with 75g Alpro soya light cream (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 8.5

Last edited:
Monday 17th March:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Oatly milk from allowance (part HEA) and 4 tsps light and mild agave nectar (2 syns)
S - Mango chunks and kiwi slices
L - Casserole (mixed casserole veg, red lentils, soya chunks, veg stock, tomato puree, garlic granules, mixed herbs and vegan worcs sauce), sliced strawberries and a Hartleys mango and passionfruit 10 cal jelly pot (half a syn)
S - Pineapple finger
D - 2 large flat mushrooms stuffed with 177g Granose sunflower seed, lentil and vegetable roast mix (6.5 syns) on a toasted wholemeal WW pitta (HEB), roasted yellow pepper and a tin of plum tomatoes

Total syns: 9

Last edited:
Tuesday 18th March:

Todays weight: 9st 8lb
Weight loss: -0.5lb
B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Oatly milk from allowance (part HEA) and 4 tsps light and mild agave nectar (2 syns)
L - Casserole (mixed casserole veg, red lentils, soya chunks, veg stock, tomato puree, garlic granules, mixed herbs and vegan worcs sauce), sliced strawberries and a Hartleys blackcurrant and blueberry 10 cal jelly pot (half a syn)
S - Grapes snack pack
D - 1/5 jar of Sharwoods madras sauce (3 syns) with chick peas, red lentils, onion, green pepper, spinach, tomato puree, garlic, chilli and various spices, served with boiled rice (free), 2 Sharwoods plain poppadoms (4 syns) and 1 tbsp mango chutney (2 syns)

Last edited:
Wednesday 19th March:

L - Casserole (mixed casserole veg, red lentils, soya chunks, veg stock, tomato puree, garlic granules, mixed herbs and vegan worcs sauce), WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), salt and vinegar velvet crunch (4 syns), and a Hartleys blackcurrant and blueberry 10 cal jelly pot (half a syn)
S - Sliced strawberries
D - 1/5 jar of Sharwoods madras sauce (3 syns) with chick peas, red lentils, onion, green pepper, spinach, tomato puree, garlic, chilli and various spices, served with boiled rice (free), 2 Sharwoods plain poppadoms (4 syns) and 1 tbsp mango chutney (2 syns)

Total syns: 15.5

Thursday 20th March:

L - Casserole (mixed casserole veg, red lentils, soya chunks, veg stock, tomato puree, garlic granules, mixed herbs and vegan worcs sauce), WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), salt and vinegar velvet crunch (4 syns), and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
S - Sliced strawberries
D - 1/4 jar of Tesco EV pasta sauce (1.5 syns) with passata, tomato puree, Tesco soya mince (2 syns), onions, red pepper, mushrooms, garlic, chilli, vegan worcs sauce, dried herbs served with wholewheat spaghetti

Friday 21st March:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Oatly milk from allowance (part HEA) and 1 tbsp Clippys apple and raspberry conserve (2 syns)
S - Sliced strawberries and kiwi
L - 1/5 jar of Sharwoods madras sauce (3 syns) with chick peas, red lentils, onion, green pepper, spinach, tomato puree, garlic, chilli and various spices, boiled rice (free), WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
D - 1/4 jar of Tesco EV pasta sauce (1.5 syns) with passata, tomato puree, Tesco soya mince (2 syns), onions, red pepper, mushrooms, garlic, chilli, vegan worcs sauce, dried herbs served with wholewheat spaghetti

Total syns: 10.5

Last edited:
Saturday 22nd March:

B - 2 vegetarians choice burgers (2 syns), Heinz five beanz snap pot, half a tin of plum tomatoes and wholemeal WW pitta (HEB)
L - Can of Stagg vegetable chilli (2.5 syns) with boiled rice
D - Amy's Kitchen rice and bean no dairy burrito (9.5 syns) with homemade wedges, baked beans and 35g soya cheese (HEB)

Total syns: 14

Last edited:
Love all these food ideas! Still new to veganism (been a veggie for always) so thanks so much for all the ideas! Just wondering, are you finding it easy to lose weight whilst being a slimming world vegan?? Heard from some people vegans/veggies lose weight slower than the omnivores :p

Love all these food ideas! Still new to veganism (been a veggie for always) so thanks so much for all the ideas! Just wondering, are you finding it easy to lose weight whilst being a slimming world vegan?? Heard from some people vegans/veggies lose weight slower than the omnivores :p

Since I've been vegan the weight loss has sped up a little, I think probably because I am thinking even more consciously of getting a balanced diet although some days I need to up my superfree which I have been trying hard to do, especially in the week. I do find that plenty of vegan foods are low syn (I find Tesco one of the best places for quick stuff that I can chuck in the oven that's not too high in syns) and then I buy things from Holland and Barrett too. How long have you been vegan?

Sunday 23rd March:

Brunch - Jacket potato with baked beans
Snack - 1 Lotus biscoff biscuit (2 syns) with my black coffee
Dinner - 2 Fry's chicken-style burgers (5 syns) in a toasted WW wholemeal pitta (HEB), 250g McCain rustic chips (4 syns) and 1 tbsp homemade vegan mayo (half a syn)
330ml can of Bavaria malt non-alcoholic beer (4 syns)

Total syns: 15.5

Monday 24th March:

B - 15g puffed wheat (part HEB) with sweetener and Oatly milk from allowance (part HEA)
S - Mango chunks and 2 kiwis sliced
L - WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), half a packet of Tesco EV tomato and onion pasta in sauce (free) with extra herbs and tomato puree, sliced strawberries and a Redwood black cherry wot no dairy? yogurt (unknown syns - guessing about 3)
S - Pineapple finger
D - Shepherds pie (1/4 packet of Schwartz mix - 1.5 syns, 1/4 packet of Tesco soya mince (2 syns), onions, carrots, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, oxo, vegan worcs sauce, tomato puree) topped with mashed potato made with 7g vitalite spread (2 syns), 20g soya cheese (other part of HEB)
Dessert - half a chocolate scan bran cake made with orgran no egg - 6 syns (didn't really rise and was quite gooey)

Total syns: 14.5

Last edited:
Tuesday 25th March:

Todays weight: 9st 8lb
Weight loss: 0lb

B - 15g puffed wheat (part HEB) with sweetener and Oatly milk from allowance (part HEA)
S - Mango chunks and 2 kiwis sliced
L - WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB), half a packet of Tesco EV tomato and onion pasta in sauce (free) with extra herbs and tomato puree, Heinz five beanz snap pot, sliced strawberries and a Redwood black cherry wot no dairy? yogurt (unknown syns - guessing about 3)
S - Grapes snack pack
D - Shepherds pie (1/4 packet of Schwartz mix - 1.5 syns, 1/4 packet of Tesco soya mince (2 syns), onions, carrots, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, oxo, vegan worcs sauce, tomato puree) topped with mashed potato made with 7g vitalite spread (2 syns), 20g soya cheese (other part of HEB)
Dessert - half a chocolate scan bran cake made with orgran no egg - 6 syns (didn't really rise and was quite gooey)

Total syns: 14.5

Last edited:
Hi - how are you doing these days? I have given up with SW as I was not doing anything much on it and went back to Calories counting and doing a lot better.
We are back in North Wales for a few weeks waiting for my next hospital appointment in May then we will be back in Spain. Have our vegan son staying with us this week and he is doing the cooking - made some Seitan yesterday which we enjoyed and nowhere near as many calories as I imagined.
Looks like the weight loss is still on track and nearlly there.

Hi - how are you doing these days? I have given up with SW as I was not doing anything much on it and went back to Calories counting and doing a lot better.
We are back in North Wales for a few weeks waiting for my next hospital appointment in May then we will be back in Spain. Have our vegan son staying with us this week and he is doing the cooking - made some Seitan yesterday which we enjoyed and nowhere near as many calories as I imagined.
Looks like the weight loss is still on track and nearlly there.

Hey good to hear from you - it is so frustrating when losses slow down, how long have you been away from SW? Seitan is lovely, I tend to buy the mock duck in tins as that is gorgeous, but homemade can be nice although I haven't perfected a recipe yet! How did it turn out? Weight loss has been slow the last few weeks but hoping it might start to pick up again, I am trying to eat plenty of superfree (I don't enjoy salads) and just want to shift the rest for when we go to the Costa Dorada in September!

Wednesday 26th March:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Oatly milk from allowance (part HEA)
L - Casserole (mixed casserole veg, red lentils, soya chunks, veg stock, tomato puree, garlic), pickled onions, WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB) and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
S - Sliced strawberries
D - Large flat mushroom, roasted red pepper, half a tin of plum tomatoes, baked beans, 2 LM sausages (4 syns), 2 Redwoods cheatin' bacon rashers (1 syn), 4 Birds Eye mini waffles (4 syns) and 1 tbsp HP (1 syn)

Thursday 27th March:

B - 35g porridge oats (HEB) with Oatly milk from allowance (part HEA)
L - Casserole (mixed casserole veg, red lentils, soya chunks, veg stock, tomato puree, garlic), pickled onions, WW wholemeal pitta bread (HEB) and Alpro soya yogurt (2 syns)
S - Sliced strawberries
D - Large flat mushroom, roasted red pepper, half a tin of plum tomatoes, baked beans, 2 LM sausages (4 syns), 2 Redwoods cheatin' bacon rashers (1 syn), 4 Birds Eye mini waffles (4 syns) and 1 tbsp HP (1 syn)

Back