I'd like to lose it, lose it!

Exactly! We are both successful on this diet ... just at our own pace. :)

I'm having a very weird week - so weird I'm almost afraid to breath! According to my scale I seem to be losing faster than the past weeks and I've got 3 more full days before Mon's wi. And this is the 810 week, so I'm actually eating more than I was in the last couple of weeks! I don't get it! :confused:

Course I am not going to complain - esp if I have a really good loss this week! - but it would be really nice to understand what's going on so I can reliably repeat it. Fingers crossed this keeps up and I continue to lose through to Mon. Woo hoo!

Ooh that sounds interesting maybe your body needs the extra food and that why u have had slow losses! Keep going and fingers crossed u will have a fab wi, could u stay on 810 for a while it may be a good move?

tizzy51 said:
I'm having a very weird week - so weird I'm almost afraid to breath! According to my scale I seem to be losing faster than the past weeks and I've got 3 more full days before Mon's wi. And this is the 810 week, so I'm actually eating more than I was in the last couple of weeks! I don't get it! :confused:

Course I am not going to complain - esp if I have a really good loss this week! - but it would be really nice to understand what's going on so I can reliably repeat it. Fingers crossed this keeps up and I continue to lose through to Mon. Woo hoo!

When I moved to 810 I lost 3lbs that week rather than the 2 per week that I had been losing! It's boosting your metabolism! :) xxx

That sounds interesting - my CDC clearly wants me to stick to SS as long as possible but I was thinking of moving up to 810 in 4 or 5 weeks. I was worried about losing even less than I have on SS but maybe it will speed things up and I guess she wouldn't have to know...

It does seem to boost some peoples metabolism, especially if you have been having slow losses on SS so hopefully by weigh in day you will have an awesome loss!

Tizzy :) how wonderful you are doing, hope the weekend is treating you kindly and the scales are your best friend when you next get weighed :) Not long now til you reach goal, you're doing so well!!!

I too find the wks i have a bit more kcals are when i show a better loss and CDC also mentioned when i started that she used to find when her weight plateued she would have some carbs to boost her metabolism and the weight loss would continue :) xx

How are u tizzy?

Am doing good, though feeling the cold this evening. After a really good start this week I suddenly hit a plateau and have been doing everything I can to jump off it - including working out 2x a day! WI is tomorrow, so I'm sititng here shivering and drinking tea and water like crazy! Ah the things we do for this diet!!!

Went through all my trousers and skirts this weekend and have categorized everything into: throw away (ratty); donate; big, but keep just in case need in the next weeks; lowest size I have and keep to wear. Was going to do tops today, but it has been cold, rainy and wet here and I just wanted to wrap up and keep warm. I'll tackle it tomorrow morning. I feel sad for some of my clothes - some I really liked, some still have tags on them! Some I saved from quite some time ago hoping I'd fit in them again and lo and behold, they are now too big! However, they are just clothes so need to get over it.

Am going for 4ltrs tonight with the hope that everything is washed clean by tomorrow morning! Fingers crossed!

Hope you've been having a great weekend!

Ahh glad u are ok hun and going gd! U are mad in the workout front I have stopped excercise for a while as I felt too weak and shaky, may try again and see how I go! Fab in the clothes front bet u feel better after having a gd sort out? So know the feeling I have some lovely clothes that I have had to store away, but out with the old and it makes way for some fab new stuff! Just costs a fortune hey! Gd luck tomorrow after all your gd efforts I am sure u will be fine! U will be up all night peeing ;)

I get confused as sometimes the day before weigh in I appear to have gained a pound or two but it then goes the following day. It usually means I have a miserable day on tuesdays before weigh in on Wednesday. Every week I promise myself not to jump on the scales between weigh ins but I can't resist. We also have scales at work so there is constant temptation.
I went shopping today as I am running out of clothes which don't look dated. I saw two skirts which I loved - one for £90 and another for £130 and despite pressure from richer and thinner friend, I decided that I couldn't really spend that much as I don't know what my weight will be in a month. I was thinking of spending £20 but I think tha was a little optimistic in covent garden! Friend gave me 5 tops- 2 from Reiss - so the trip was more than worthwhile. I haven't yet parted with all my big clothes. I've also missed an opportunity to wear some unworn items which are now too big. It is great getting into smaller sizes.
Good luck for your next weigh in.

Well, I think I overdid it with the water yesterday, as I'm up 0.4lbs from yesterday! However, managed to lose 2.5lbs while on 810 which I think is great - I got to eat and lose weight at the same time! Go figure! :) And now I only have 20lbs (9kg) to go til goal - it seems so much closer than when it was 56lbs! Of course, for my height, I am now considering losing another 14lbs, but I will deal with that after my trip to the US this summer.

This coming week will be a challenge - tomorrow I leave for France (country of wine, cheese and great bread) to meet some friends who are on holiday there and then go meet some potential clients. I will be back next Tues, so weigh-in has slipped by one day, which I will probably need - all those temptations!!! Aaargh!

Well done on the loss hun and have a lovely time in France, are u going to try and stick with cd or have some time off?

Am going to stick to CD as much as possible. Trip to US is only 7 weeks away!!!!

I've lost 24lbs in 6 weeks so you could be at goal for your holiday! X

What a glamorous life you lead Tizzy! I am also 20lbs from goal but CDC wants me to lose 26! I want to do the last bit on 810 and 1000. Have you a goal date in mind?

tizzy51 said:
Am going to stick to CD as much as possible. Trip to US is only 7 weeks away!!!!

Gd luck to u hunni, safe trip and have a lovely time!!! X

I'm back! France was great - despite a small accident with the car and the highly changeable weather (which is true for all over Europe I guess). Was really good with CD for the first few days and then went to a BBQ with my French team on Saturday. Silly me thought that meant grilled meat and veg. What it meant was champagne, wine, home made hors d'oeuvre, salmon & broccoli terrine, cote de boeuf, salad, cheeses, fruit tartes and flan. The whole event lasted 7 hours - I've got good will power, but 7 hours!!! So I had a bit of everything, leaning more toward protein than not, and toward the end of the day I was feeling quite stuffed. BBQ, french style! Beware is all I have to say about that. Back on CD (ss+ til today) since then and no real problem with hunger, so must not have been too far/too long out of ketosis.

Got back late last night, so I missed this week's wi. Did sneak a peek at my home scales and was astounded to see that despite my romp through France, I managed to lose a little bit rather than gain. Amazing!

I've updated my signature to show a little count down to the US trip, make sure the pressure and goal date is well and truly visible! I've accepted that the first goal (25kg) might not be achieved, but think I will be within 1-2kg of the goal and I'm ok with that. I figure I'll be back on CD when I get back to lose whatever I gained and the last remaining kgs (and in the back of my head, I've already been thinking of a 2nd goal to take the total lost to 30kg - 66lbs).

Funny when I was in France. I met up with the friends I went to visit in Ireland as they are caravaning around and they could see a difference from when I was with them 2 months ago. My French colleagues, when they saw me, didn't say anything or look surprised - it was torture on Saturday wondering all day if they noticed!!! A little champagne and loosened tongues and it turns out they did indeed notice but didn't know if they should say anything. One thought I might even be ill, as the weight came off so fast since they last saw me (mid Feb, just before I started). :D When I went into the office on Monday, one of my colleagues couldn't hide his surprise - he said the loss was great and made me look younger! Another colleague actually got a little teary eyed and said "you're so skinny!" When was the last time someone said something like that - probably 30 years ago, if ever!

If my work colleagues react like this, I'm really looking forward to seeing my family in July. What a surprise it will be for them! And the positive feedback is a real shot in the arm/motivator for these next weeks.

I've been busy catching up with everyone's diaries. It was rather odd not being able to check in every day, so I'm glad to be back.

Tizzy - what a triumph! A beautiful French BBQ and a weight loss! As for goals - they are not fixed - just change it! I am completely undecided on my goal weight - CDC recorded mine as 11stones and I don't think we ever discussed this! I just decided on a BMI of 25 as it seemed sensible and decided on 26th September goal for my friend's 50th.
It's great when people comment - maybe they are more subtle in France! You sound really positive about the diet which is great after being on the diet for so long - not long to go now!

Back