If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Hi All!

Well, I'm back....again! And I feel like a broken record. Weight has gone up slightly, but I am too scared to weigh myself. My belly is the most obvious sign that my weight gain is getting out of control. I need to start logging everything again, as it is all to easy to not log and then let everything get out of control. I am going on holiday in two weeks, when I booked it in January I wanted to be at least 2 stone lighter, instead I am nearly a stone heavier.

I had a bad day yesterday. Ended up with a lot of Chinese food, and getting through 2 bottles of wine!! This evening I was craving veg, so had the stirfry mix that was in the fridge.

So, I will try to post everyday. This place has been so important to me in the past, and can be such a wealth of support. I just need to get control back, and then hopefully the rest will follow.

Hope everyone else is ok. I shall try to catch up with diaries too xx

Good to see you back here my love. You've done so well in the past I know you can do it again xx

Where is your holiday to?

Welcome back Elanor:)

I agree with Claire Bear...you did very well before and will again.

Aww, thank you lovely ladies xx

Today has been a good day so far. As usual no breakfast, it's a bad habit I've got back into. Lunch was a ham sandwich with mustard and some mayo, and some fruit. Dinner was amazing! Steak with a slice of blue cheese and roasted Mediterranean veg, with a well deserved glass of white wine. Work was so busy today, phone was ringing non-stop!

Just going to take it slowly, and day by day. No pressure, just trying to make good choices.

Holiday is a week in Devon. I have hired a cottage with a sea view, and I can't wait!! Originally I had cottage booked in the middle of no where near Padstow, but that got cancelled as the bathroom had a massive leak, which won't be fixed in time for me, so I had to find an alternative. I think I got lucky, as where I am going is right next to fish and chip shops, cafes, pubs and a harbour! Only 6 working days and I shall be there :)

The cottage sounds amazing - as do the fish and chips! I really miss proper F&Cs, they don't do them at all here. No wait, maybe that's a good thing :D

I do love fish and chips. Whitby is on my bucket list, purely for chip shop and the Abbey. Though, it would probably be safer not to be near any :D

Weird old day today. Stomach says full, brain says "eat, eat, eat" For some reason, I just had to have too much pasta, plus a dairylea dunker, a Gu pudding, and nearly made a cheese sandwich, but so far I have resisted.

Feeling the aches and pains now. I have got back to weight that makes my back and hip hurt. So, really that should be motivation enough to get my arse in gear.

Mmmmm love fish and chips.

Brains are so weird aren't they? I get these days too. Usually works out its hormone related. You've got to rely on your willpower to get you through. I found that making myself have a piece of fruit helped. Or, thinking if I wasn't hungry for something healthy then I wasn't really hungry at all.

My knees are starting to complain which is my 'I'm too heavy' signal too. Great you're doing something about it xx

Welcome back, Elanor!

I get days like that too, when my brain just says EAT constantly. I read something about mindful eating that suggested sitting back and examining the craving, rather than trying to fight against it. Spending a good few moments noticing how it feels, trying to work out whether it's emotional or physical hunger, etc. Also, speaking aloud if I decide to give into the craving, stating my reasons. "I am getting a piece of cake because I had a horrible day." Sometimes those things are enough to make me stop and not do what I was starting to do, sometimes they aren't.

Hope you have a lovely time on your holiday! xx

Action seems to be waiting! Pizza and wine for dinner tonight :D:D

GSP! Great to see you :) Mindful eating sounds interesting, and worth finding out more about. I hate my brain, it irritates me.

It was yummy Susie :D Pepperoni, my favourite!

Today is the day my dishwasher arrives! I'm looking forward to it. When I get home from work I really can't be arsed to cook and wash up, which means I often choose the option which is quick, unhealthy and produces the least washing up. But now, I will hopefully be motivated to cook healthy dinners, without worrying about washing up the pans and dishes afterwards.

Oh TT, that's not a good way to eat less. Definitely not fun or healthy. Hope you feel better soon!

Yay for a dishwasher, and can definitely relate to cooking according to less washing up! Hopefully as you say you can now branch out a bit, lots of healthy meals to cook :)

Back