If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Well, bad, bad, bad couple of days!! Friday, craving pizza but resisted, still ended up having a binge! Just couldn't stop eating! Also, wine!!

Yesterday, succumbed to Dominos!! Chicken strips, potato wedges and a large pizza!! It was a repeat of the Pizza Hut incident a few weeks ago when it made me feel really icky! In a way though it was a good thing, it's reaffirmed that pizza and over eating in general does not make me happy or feel good.

It's my birthday on Wednesday and I am going to stay at my Mum's for a few days. I had asked if we can have chip shop fish and chips when I get there Tuesday evening after work, but now I'm going to ask for a healthier option. Maybe salmon and something.

Healthy dinner tonight and need to plan lunches for the next couple of days. I was hoping to avoid going shopping, but I might have to.

Try not to worry El, the binges don't last long and you're already focusing on healthy options. I think you and I are very alike, wine completely destabilises me - so what about saying no wine for a week, and seeing how you get on? xx

Thank you Susie :)

TotM has hit me today!! That, plus the wine explains the binge I think. I've been much better today. Counted everything and I've gone over my lower cals limit, but no where near my upper limit. So that's good.

In a bid to try and stop the guilt, I have a new approach. Not using the TeamRH thing which had me at 2500cals a day, it feels too high, plus there are some elements that make me uncomfortable. I've used the calorie counter from another online PT which came out at 1851 cals a day, which feels more like it! So, I am going to try to stick more towards 1851, and use the 2500 as my upper limit for days where I want a few more calories.

Going wine free is a great idea Susie!! This week for me is going to be a tough ask. It's my birthday and I'm at my Mum's for a few days as of tomorrow, so wine will be needed! But definitely from Bank Holiday Monday I'm in!!

Makes sense, Elanor.

I'm alcohol free - by choice. I shared some wine with friends 3 months ago. Since then, I have a Lidl diet coke or coffee! Cuts out a load of calories!

how is it going I joined teamRH too....this is my third week :)

how is it going I joined teamRH too....this is my third week :)

I'm not paying them anymore, but still calorie counting. I've recently discovered the James Smith Academy which I prefer to TeamRH. Not paying him either at the moment, but his content on Instagram and his podcast is amazing! I've learned a lot from him.

Now home after a lovely few days with my Mum. Days out, lots of food and lots of wine!! Safe to say the weight loss has most likely turned into a weight gain this week!!

I've been having a money problems recently, and kept it to myself as I prefer to try and sort things out myself. However, I had to come clean to my Mum. She's been amazing and helped me out, which means I can get myself back on an even keel, actually pay off all that I owe instead of just paying a bit off then getting hammered with more interest!! So, that is one less thing for me to stress over!!

Wine free from Monday!! One of my coping strategies will be a practically no alcohol rosé wine from Sainsbury's. Technically it is 0.5% alcohol, but it is only 52 cals per 250ml and doesn't taste awful, so it will get me through if I need it.

I'm not paying them anymore, but still calorie counting. I've recently discovered the James Smith Academy which I prefer to TeamRH. Not paying him either at the moment, but his content on Instagram and his podcast is amazing! I've learned a lot from him.

Now home after a lovely few days with my Mum. Days out, lots of food and lots of wine!! Safe to say the weight loss has most likely turned into a weight gain this week!!

I've been having a money problems recently, and kept it to myself as I prefer to try and sort things out myself. However, I had to come clean to my Mum. She's been amazing and helped me out, which means I can get myself back on an even keel, actually pay off all that I owe instead of just paying a bit off then getting hammered with more interest!! So, that is one less thing for me to stress over!!

Wine free from Monday!! One of my coping strategies will be a practically no alcohol rosé wine from Sainsbury's. Technically it is 0.5% alcohol, but it is only 52 cals per 250ml and doesn't taste awful, so it will get me through if I need it.
So glad you turned to your mum for the support you need..... I will look up James Smith xx

Hopefully now I can sort myself instead of being in never ending spiral of interest payments!! I have to pay all the money back in monthly installments, but at least it will actually be reducing my debt.

Right, new day today and back on it! So far counted my cals 100% and got loads left for dinner and some practically alcohol free wine!

First day of my proper alcohol break! And of course all I see is ads for gin and my friend sent me a message saying there's prosecco at the BBQ she's at. I think she's forgotten she's going alcohol free with me. I'll forgive for today.

It can be hard Elanor, hopefully your waist as well as your pocket will se the difference

As per usual I hadn't realised that I've been away from posting on here for so long. I've managed to maintain my weight around the 19st 7lbs mark, although lockdown has sent me hurtling towards 20st!!

Life has been difficult for the last few months. Losing weight has not been the priority that it should have been. Being stuck at home on my own for the last 6 weeks has been hard! But it has made me realise a lot of things. Last week I had my first counselling session by telephone. It went really well, I should have done it years ago! It's not going to change things for me overnight, but hopefully it will help me make positive changes in my life.

My current aim with my diet is to make better choices! I've been struggling with meal planning, and just keep resorting to the unhealthy, easier options then eating far too much!! After reading about Susie's Mediterranean meals, I'm going to do some reading as I do love that kind of food.

I'm going to try and keep my diary updated, as last time I did well with my weight loss I was on here all the time. Hopefully it will help me keep myself accountable, as I've been lacking that for a long time.

Hello lovely - I was wondering how you were getting on.

I am so pleased that you've got the phone counselling, and that you're finding it helpful! It's doing my head in and I usually love time on my own in the house.

There's some fab websites for Med meals - try Olive Tomato for a start x

Thank you Susie :) I usually love being in my house just me. But being forced to stay has changed things completely. Now my comfort zone is my whole life, including work which makes my environment feel quite different! I've been really struggling working from home, I get distracted far too easily.

Yesterday started well, calorie counted for the day, but after 3 gins that went to pot!!

Today is another day. Had a big breakfast/lunch of beans on toast with some cooked chicken that needed eating. Bit random, but it filled me up. Dinner is going to be a concoction of some garlic and parsley prawns, rice and veg.

Off out shopping tomorrow. I've got a plan, which makes a change. Going to make one of my favourite dinners this week of baked cod with olives and chorizo with saute potatoes. Also going to try a meat-free chilli con carne using fake mince and maybe some lentils as well, with lots of veg. Lunches will be a greek salad with some kind of protein, e.g. tinned mackerel in spicy tomato sauce.

Menus sound lovely hun! You've got the Med thing nailed - and use lots of oilve oil, etc.

Yes this is a testing time for us all. I've had a couple of days where I just didn't even want to get out of bed - so I didn't! :).

I was late for work this morning! All I have to do is go downstairs and turn on my laptop! 😂

I went shopping this evening, got lots of good things for the week. By the time I got home it was nearly 7pm, so I had a quick dinner of pesto/mozzarella quorn escalopes and boiled potatoes. Lunch was a quiche. Also had a small beer and half a bottle of red wine this evening. Calorie counted out of curiosity, and ended the day on 2404 calories, which I'm happy with.

One big win for the day, I really, really wanted more wine! Instead I've got a chewing gum, which has not only stopped me drinking more, but also eating more!! I need to really cut down on my drinking, so it's a start.

Tomorrow will be better as I have been shopping and actually have a plan.

You're off to a fabulous start El - the food sounds lovely, and well done on the vino front! That is definitely a big win x

Sunday report! The week went downhill. Wine consumption high, calorific food consumption high! Had a few binges this week, which have been awful.

I'm struggling to find a way that is going to work for me. Planning healthy meals is not going well, I just can't seem to be able to make a decision and stick with it, so end up going back to the old faithful burgers, pizzas and other rubbish, yet yummy, food.

I might go through my old food diaries for some inspiration. I still have all the ones from when I lost weight last time. I don't want to go back to SW, I don't think, but we'll see. I'm feeling a bit lost and confused with my nutrition at the moment.

I've been exactly where you are El, and it's not a comforting place to be, wanting to do something but going round in circles on different plans.

I know you say you don't want to do SW - but I know for me that the only thing that keeps me on plan is a group of some kind, so is there a virtual CC group or somethig like that you might consider? or join an SW group but incorporate more of the healthy eating plan that you like?

Big hugs sweetie, Sxx

Back