I'll be slimming all over the world.....slowly!

I've gone a bit mad lately, I spent years paying off debts and I had to work 3 jobs and watch every penny but within about 3 months everything changed, I finished my studies and paid off my debt so it was like becoming rich over night!

We ended up having a curry tonight :eek:, I did enjoy it but I feel really bad about eating it, I didn't eat much of the rice or bread but I did have a lot of meat. I keep telling myself that once in two weeks isn't bad but I ended up doing quite a few arm exercises on my resistance band to make me feel less guilty! PT has sent over new nutritional goals;

Calories per day - 1,295
Protein - 100g
Carb - 100g (max 20g Sugar)
Fat - 55g (max 10g saturated fat)

Woweeee, that's going to be tough :(. I went through my food diaries for the last week, wrote all the figures down and highlighted days where I met each of those goals so I could get an idea of what I was eating. Last wednesday was a good day with just my sugar being slightly over. I have been looking at nutritional info on Tesco all afternoon to work out what is high in protein and low in saturated fat, the answer seems to be FISH. Smoked salmon, tuna, cod fillets etc. Cheese is going to be a no-go which is a shame. I get the feeling I am going to end up eating the same things repeatedly but it's got to be worth a go.

If anyone has any fab ideas please let me know! Am thinking of getting a blender and making a fruity smoothie for breakfast - coconut milk, frozen berries and some ice, perhaps some protein powder to make it a bit more filling?

Well mate, it sounds like you worked hard so now it's your turn to play hard!

Don't feel guilty, a treat is DEFINITELY allowed. Otherwise, a couple months down the line you'll pack it all in and really, what would be the point of that?!

arghhh, see. I just couldn't do that. I don't have the patience to trawl through all that stuff, nor the willpower. Good on you tho! Let me know what you learn :)

Juicers are fab - just try not too get too hooked on fresh fruit smoothies. They taste sooo good but are so full of sugar. Natural or not, nobody would eat the amount of fruit that's put into a smoothie and for a good reason! But veggie smoothies are so good for you.

Sorry for temporary AWOL-ness yesterday! I got home from work, had slice of toast, got changed, Zumba'd, made dinner, washed up, showered and promptly just crumpled!

Am on day 2 of the new nutrient limits as set by PT and although I am so going to do my best, I have to admit I am already struggling. More because I have no idea what I should be eating, have spent hours on Tesco looking at levels in various foods to try and work out what I can have but even Veg has sugar in it, it's impossible to avoid. I went slightly over sugar and saturated fat yesterday but Cal/Carb & Protein ok. Today, I am slightly over on protein but the others are all ok. I did notice that MFP rounds everything so if I am 1/2g over I am not going to panic too much. Am really missing chocolate and mango at the moment!

I did a 2.4 mile walk tonight and really felt the difference in my stamina, I was exhausted. We were going to play Badminton but our shuttlecock is on it's last legs so going to do that tomorrow instead.

I found a recipe for cheat free ice cream on facebook and I might have to give it a go. It's flavoured protein powder, mixed with quark, topped with nuts/fruit and frozen. Lots of people were saying it's really good so I have got to try it. Despite paying for next day delivery on my protein bits they didn't arrive today, will have to chase them up tomorrow!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired! Groan :eek:

Your food allowance does look so hard! I think my sugar allowance is like 25g - what food have you found that doesn't affect it? The only things I had today that didn't have any sugar in (admittedly a lot only had 1g or so) were babybel and light lurpak, and I'm pretty sure a diet of cheese and butter is not going to do me any favours! Hahaha.

When you say you felt the difference in your stamina, do you mean it felt worse or better?

Hope you've had a good day champ.

The sugar is my sore point because I have to eat fruit and veg! I can cope with low carb and having to watch saturated fat like a hawk but the fruit and veg is difficult, am just about to message him to see what we can do about it!

I can't even eat babybel at the moment because the saturated fat is so high :( Today was mostly nuts, smoked salmon, more fish and veg with some plain chicken. It's not actually as awful as it sounds but the biggest disappointment was the Jaffa Cake protein shake I made, it had an after taste that reminded me of that awful banana antibiotic medicine you have as a child, I guess it's the sweetener in it? I bought a blender today but didn't realise my raspberries in the fridge had gone furry so will need to get some frozen ones tomorrow and have a go at that! I am going to email my PT tomorrow to ask some questions about when limits can go up or when I can have a treat etc, I can cope with this most of the time but I need to have something to look forward to!

My stamina feels worse, when I was exercising I felt 'tired' but now it's my muscles that ache a lot, I guess that's being on low calories and working out. We walked to the park tonight and played badminton until it was dark and we couldn't see the shuttlecock! We were both really sweating so that has to be good! I am having an off night tomorrow as going to mums for dinner and on Friday I have my monthly beautician appointment at 7.30 and not sure what I can fit in before/after. I have booked my next PT session for Saturday mid afternoon.

Need to think of some new goals too, hmmmmmm :D

Yeah sugar is soooo hard.m if it was bad sugar I'd completely watch it but natural sugar ... Bah, screw it. Do let me know what your PT says tho!

Yeah I think this little calories and lots of exercise thing is going to take some getting used to ... I'm excited though!

I hope you had a lovely time at dinner! And beautician hey! That's so cool ... I'd love to see professionals for TLC stuff but I just do it myself :( meh. What do you have done, like waxing and stuff, or nails, eyebrows? I don't even know what they offer!

Are you getting excited for your holiday? I AMMM!

I am starting to get excited about holiday but also worried about how much it might interfere with my weightloss. I need to get a new suitcase and a few toiletry bits but we have plenty of clothes etc. Someone who is staying there at the moment has had the honeymoon suite for four nights and posted loads of pictures and it looks fab. Just a bit concerned she said they have been quite bad with egyptian tum, we never had it in Marsa Alam and I hate being ill on holiday, keeping fingers crossed.

I booked Jen last October as a giving up smoking treat to myself, she does quite a bit of beauty stuff like waxing, nails, tans etc and she also does some massages and facial etc. I am a bit of a yuppy so every two weeks I have all my fluffy bits waxed and then once a month I have something a little more pleasant like a facial or a massage. I know it sounds really decadent but she is ridiculously reasonable and I saved so much with not smoking that it was going to be my new vice lol. She's lovely and we have a great girlie chat when I go round and I am really looking forward to it this week.

Did ok with food today although I was quite a bit under on carbs and calories but didn't have enough allowance anywhere else to up it, bit frustrating and probably because I had loads of chicken at lunch! Popped to Tesco tonight and picked up some frozen berries and then stood and weighed it all out into 100g portions so I can track it properly. Have read through blender instructions, washed bits and made sure I have ice in freezer, really looking forward to trying it in the morning! Not sure where to have strawberries and cream in the shake or just vanilla, hmmmm. I also bought some quark to try the treat ice cream so will give that a whirl this weekend.

Nervous about weigh in tomorrow :sigh:

Just a quick one, am down 2lb so am very happy! Especially considering my monster curry last Sunday.

Will update on Shake attempt No 1 and my new goals a bit later :)

Well done chick! Amazing! Woooo, you're on your way! Looking forward to see your goals.

Dont worry about the weightloss ... You'll be sweating plenty and hey, if you get the Egyptian tum then at least you won't have to worry about what you eat ;-) I always find I eat a lot less in the heat too - do you? It's just the cocktails :) mmmm.

Awww that sounds lovely. It doesn't sound decadent ... It's all about taking care of yourself and this is what we're doing here isn't it! Nothing like a bit of luxury to help you on your way. I do all my own waxing and I can tell you there's nothing luxurious about it haha. I also do shellac nails and dye my own hair ... Pampering for a low price! Haha. I hope you had a lovely, relaxed time.

Did you email your PT/hear back from him/her?

Oooh yes, he did reply! I said that I seemed to be doing ok on calories and carbs/fat and explained my issue with the sugar and wanting a treat and he said that as long as my carbs stay withim the limits, I can add another 10-20g of unrefuned sugar/fructose so YAY, I can have some fruit! In regards to treats, he said it's fine to have a treat each week, he has asked that I keep it below 400 cals at the moment but that's fine, meals I can eat a nice chunk of cake or something! :eat:

I almost fell asleep during my head massage last night :eek:, I have done it once before and rather embarassingly, it was in front of hubby and my best mate, they never forget either! Hubby has gone off to a local beer festival with some friends for a few hours so I thought I would catch up here and then get ready for PT session at 3.30, just hoping the rain stays away for now. Am nervous today, PT text me last night to say he has put together a new plan and we are 'stepping it up a notch'!

So, yesterday I did my first smoothie thing. I used almond milk, some vanilla whey protein, 100g of frozen berries, water/ice and half a tablespoon of peanut butter. It was OK - nut butter not a great idea and a whole scoop of protein powder is too much for that amount of liquid. I did have most of it but didn't feel as full as I normally do so wanted to have my first snack earlier. Today, I used frozen berries again, equal quantities of milk and water, few ice cubes, a teaspoon of granulated sweetener and a teaspoon of dessicated coconut. This was much better but is still a bit bitter, not sure whether to try using coconut milk instead of almond milk. OH asked me to make him one too, what a cheek!

Just had mini corn on the cob (never ever knew I liked them until Wednesday lol) and a tin of Tuna, not very exciting. Got a wedding reception tonight and no idea what to wear and think I will try to eat before we go so I am not tempted with the pastries etc!

Woop, glad your PT is allowing you a little extra sugar! It's so hard to keep it low.

Haha ahhhh I love massages and I really need one! I'm absolutely loving this regular exercising malarkey but god I ache! All the time! Haha. How did your stepped up a notch training go?

Those shakes sound strange - not going to lie! I don't know if I'd be able to lose weight that way, although I know it works so well for others. Have you had any luck making any scrummy ones?

hope you had fun at the wedding reception!

Urgh, just urgh. You know when places you didn't know existed ache? Already told OH he has got to massage my hamstring tonight as it's really achey. Did lots of short sprints yesterday, bit of boxing, crunches and weight lifting again, even lifting my arms to drive makes me whine :eek:. Just because I am absolutely glutton for punishment I decided to walk to the park, play badminton for a longggg time (no idea how long but we were gone almost 3 hours), some skipping and then walked around the park and back. My body fuel tank is just EMPTY, am cruising on fumes at the moment and realised I need to prepare better for weekends!

Todays shake was the best for taste but I do need to find a way of making them a bit more filling. I dropped the dessicated coconut today as I couldn't taste it yesterday and it's high in saturated fat and added an extra half teaspoon of canderel. I might try coconut milk next week, maybe with some mixed fruit?

Wedding reception didn't go exactly to plan, OH was late coming home and I fell asleep on the sofa after PT session so didn't eat before we went as planned. I ended up having some pork in a bread roll, a handful of cocktail sausages, some breaded chiken nuggets and a couple of mini pastry things. I did my best to track it all on MFP and the only thing I went over on was saturated fat so I think I did well. Got turkey meatballs and peppers cooking as I type and I made my cheat ice cream earlier so will be trying that afterwards. Will let you know how good/bad it is!

Haha yes I know that feeling! It's going to feel weird when I don't ache! I've been trying to get the fella to massage me all night and so far he's been RUBBISH. Haha.

Yeah, you're best off trying lots of different concoctions until you find a few that you love.

Yes do! Let me know how it is. I really need to do this thing when you peel a banana, wrap it in foil and pop it in the freezer and it becomes an banana ice cream! Apparently it's amazing.

urgh, Sunday evening. When did this happen?!

OMG, my cheat ice cream = AMAZING! It doesn't go creamy like ice cream but flakes and it was so, so good!

Ahhh, good! Can you do different flavours?

Yep, I just use the protein powder to flavour it and divide the lot into 4 pots. The other flavour samples I got are Lemon Shortcake and Cherry Bakewell! Nom ;)

Oooooh, sounds lovely jubbly!!! Nice work.

OMG............Protein Berry Smoothie + Me + Zumba = Frikking Energizer Bunner!

I dashed home, made a smoothie, drank/ate it (what do you do with smoothies? I'm never sure!) got changed and went to Zumba and I worked my butt off completely, I was dripping by the time we finished. I wonder how much the protein powder helped with that, after saying my stamina was lagging tonight definitely was the opposite! For the first time since I was given my new goals (been told off for referring to them as limits, apparently they are goals ;)) that I have gone over! Just over on cals and 10% over on fat. I won't worry too much as I still haven't had that cheat meal.

Currently wondering whether to weigh bi-weekly - Tuesday and Friday, might decide when I wake up!

Haha, I loveee that! It's great when you have a good workout - well done!

Ummm, I would say drink a smoothie, but I'm open to arguments, haha.

i think this week I'm going to do weekly and avoid the scales tomorrow ... It hasn't been kind so far to me. But I might well cave! I think more regular weigh ins definitely work for some people, so it could be worth a try!

I won't reveal the amount but it looks like I should record a loss this week - good news. Today was so busy at work I didn't get to eat properly at all and I haven't met some of my targets but I did get to eat some pineapple!

Was going to go for a walk tonight but my PT text me to say he is going away this weekend and it looks like it's going to rain Friday so the park isn't an option. I've arranged to go to the gym he works at after work tomorrow, wonder how much more tiring it will be after work?!

Back