I'll be slimming all over the world.....slowly!

Just a quick g'morning post from me! It's been quiet of late, I hope everyone hasn't come down with this nasty cold thing that is doing the rounds? :(

Good PT session on Wednesday and great weigh in today, I have no idea how the body and this weightloss thing really works because I decided earlier this week, after investigating WW as an alternative, to relax my rules a little with fruit and veg and to cut myself some slack overall. I just thought I would try it after 2 weeks off plan didn't end in a disaster. I am trying to keep the targets in mind as a principle when eating and I am still recording as much as I can but I've definitely loosened up.

And bizarrely.....this week I lost well over 2lb?! This happened to be last time round - I was exercising 4 times a week, eating ridiculously cleanly and losing maybe 0.5/0.75lbs a week and as soon as I started having one or two 'off' days I lost 2=lbs that week. Now I do have to admit to a little scale debacle as this may have influenced the result. Hubby cleaned the hall floor this week as we had visitors and he broke the golden rule of DO NOT MOVE THE SCALES!! Just an inch in movement can alter the result by 2lbs. Initially when I realised I weigh and it said I was 4lb down and I didn't think that was right so I fiddled until I was just a tiny bit down from last week which made sense. They haven't moved since then but I can't rule it out.

He has now realised the wrath incurred when moving scales, I don't think he will do it again :D

Well done on your loss! I agree thay allowing more fruit and is good :) with Slimming World we are allowed unlimited fruit and veg (fresh fruit only and no avocados) and the main rule is that 1/3rd of our meal is fruit or veg.

Glad to hear you are back on track, I must get my lazy ass to a zumba class, everyone seems to love them! X

I really do enjoy Zumba, it's probably the only thing I have stuck at/gone back to, been going on and off for over 2 years now and I would love to do more if there was the classes and no scheduling conflicts!

Well, it's been a mixed bag weekend. On Thursday night I noticed one of the gyms I was looking at had a 10 day for £10 trial membership so I decided to go ahead with that so I could try a few classes and see whether I liked the atmosphere. My Zumba instructor does some classes there and her Pilates class was full for Saturday morning but she put me on the waiting list and someone cancelled, so I did my first ever Pilates class! It was very different to my usual work outs, difficult though, lots of core strength. I finished the class feeling like I had just woken up from a good sleep.

On my way out I noticed they had a body pump class on this morning at a reasonable time so I signed up for that too - OUCH. That was pain personified. I now understand why everyone else there was pretty lean and toned. I was surprised how difficult I found it, especially after all the weight lifting I have done with my PT. At one point I thought my legs were just going to crumple beneath me! :eek:

Food has been in the middle, I went for lunch with my mum today and we went for a Thai (my favourite) and I made sure I ordered something that wasn't super fatty. Mum ordered a green curry and had one mouthful and refused to eat any more, it was too hot for her! We ended up swapping as I don't mind the heat but I was secretly gutted! I tried not to eat too much of the sauce and at least I had walked into town from home as well. I did treat myself to lots of new gym wear as mine is super old. I got a new pair of trousers, two new t shirts and two sports bras so now I have to make sure I use them lots!

Hope everyone had a good weekend :banana dancer: < wtf? How funny!

Wooooooo, well done your loss chick! Very well done. And it's good to know you can treat yourself to fruit and still see losses ... It seems like such a stupid food group to cut out anyway!

Ooof, body pump does look hard! Does that gym have a body attack class? I'd stay away from that until you can master body pump - it's supposed to be hell!

Mmmm, I love Thai. Don't worry about having a little meal out, it's all about moderation and enjoying yourself at the same time.

Really glad to see you've been doing so well :)

P.S. love your dancing lady haha. Verryyyy niiiice.

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well. It feels like it's been forever since I posted! My exercise diary was pretty packed this week - Zumba on Monday, PT Wednesday and I did Epic Circuits last night which was pretty darn painful, it's been some years since I properly sprinted :eek:

Food hasn't been great but also not horrific, been struggling with dehydration most of the week despite drinking so much water I keep getting up during the night! I wonder if that was the reason for my 0.5lb gain this week? I have done loads of exercise so should have had a small loss if not an STS. Fortunately I am not too worried, I'll just weigh again in a few days once I have taken more water in and see what happens.

Rest night tonight (massage booked) then gym induction and pilates tomorrow, body pump and 2 hour Zumbathon on sunday. Going to be a bit of a sweatfest!

Not surprisingly yesterday was a +0.5lbs, still fairly sure this is to do with a bit of dehydration and a week of hitting my body pretty hard.

Had my gym induction this morning, what a pointless exercise that was really. Had to book another session next week to get a weight lifting programme sorted. Did manage to do 20 minutes of Cardio before Pilates. Sitting here really hungry as hubby has gone to the pub and I have no idea whether to do dinner or not?!

Tomorrow is going to be harsh, looking forward to bodypump but parts of my body are still pretty strained and achey, I think they another bout of exercise will either kill or cure me!

Wow, well done with all that exercise! Are you enjoying it? How are you finding the gym? I've found myself swimming more now ... I'm just really enjoying it though.

dont worry about that gain - as you said, it's probably just to do with water retention. It'll be off soon - if not already! I didn't weigh myself Friday as I completely forgot - was the boy's birthday and I was all distracted. So I thought I'd just leave it until this Friday as I was away at the weekend and stuff.

Yeeeeesh, I'm tired!

So much exercise- phwoar!! Go you! :D
Have you gotten on the winter soups bandwagon yet? Am having home made veg soup every day or every other day for a meal and lost 5lbs this week :O despite a drinking binge and unlimited sushi bar over the weekend! Soup ftw!

Sorry to butt in your conversation Tetris but - there's a winter soup bandwagon?! I made some a couple weeks back and it was fab! I might make some more, that was my first time ever trying and I threw a load of stuff in. I might do a carrot, coriander and parsnip one. Just cos I love parsnips so may as well chuck a couple in! Have you got any good recipes? Or do you do the 'throw in whatever's in the fridge' recipe too? Haha.

Saruk- am definitely the 'throw it all in' kind! My last two soups have been WAY more successful since I have left seasoning until I've blitzed it - used to throw in worchester sauce, balsamic and like 5 herbs before tasting it- disaster haha!
I have been doing soups of tomato, carrot, onions, red peppers and courgettes as I always have them about and they are nice and sweet. Works out 100cal a bowl which is why I think I've had such a great weight loss boost this week. Yippee!

Sorry for not catching up sooner! I think I learnt the hard way this week that there really is such a thing as too much exercise and it's caused me to be very injury prone :(. On Monday at Zumba I strained my groin which was very painful, luckily Tuesday was rest night anyway and PT suggested we push back to Thursday to give it some time to heal. That would have been great had I not had to squeeze myself out of my car in a tight parking space on Wednesday and manage to over-stretch my thigh, resulting in a spasm that felt like I had been stabbed in the quad, it was actually sore to touch! Then on Thursday, on the way down to the car to get my gym kit, I managed to do exactly the same to the other thigh :ignore:

I decided not to tell the PT in case he cancelled the session and we managed to work round it, really getting into the lifting side of things now. That's something I really enjoy.

I weighted in Thursday this week and was 195 dead, so a loss of 1.75lbs (As I'd gone up 0.5 the week before). Total loss now just over 10lbs and I am starting to see it around my waist and hips. Hoping hubby is going to take another set of pics today so I can compare them. Last night was rest night and I was up early this morning for Body Pump at 9.30, followed by my weight programme creation and work through and then I did Pilates...oh and then back in the gym to finish with some dead lifts. Phew......

And tomorrow I am back for another body pump class! Monday is planned rest night before Pump again on Tuesday as there is no Zumba this week.

You might have noticed in my sig that I have set myself an Xmas challenge :eek:. I am having one week off diet over xmas so am giving myself 9 weeks to lose as much as I can - a minimum of 12lbs, which will mean a 21lb loss since the end of August and I'll be well on my way to losing 2 stone by the time I go to Thailand at end of Jan. If anyone else wants to join in then do feel free, the more the merrier!

Nice job on the loss!!
Sprain- ouch! I have pulled/sprained groin a few times and it usually hurts for like a week :(

My xmas is to get to target! 1st 5lbs more to get me into the healthy BMI. That i a 2lb a weke average though which is tricky at this stage as thigs are slowing down, hopefully a few more crazy losses like last week!

Awesome that you are seeing the difference- feels amazing huh?! X

Oh no! I really hope you mend yourself soon. You really should tell your PT though, otherwise you could seriously do some damage and that won't help your at all! As long as you tell him you still want to do something, he can work on a different part of your body. I'm putting on a really stern voice here Jody so I hope you're listening carefully! ;-)

Amazing work on the loss! 10lbs! Witwooooo. Did hubby take a photo? Can you notice a difference? Great Christmas challenge! It's nice to have something to work towards for sure. I think I'll join you on it if that's okay! I still want to do my 40lbs by valentines too although I've made it harder for myself now by not really losing for a few weeks! Totally back on it now tho, woohoooooo.

Great work buddy.

Tetris - I made some more soup yesterday so I'm hoping for a mega loss too! I went to my first SW meeting on Thursday so I'm trying to get my head around that! I might need your help. And by the way - your pictures are AMAZING. I can't see the very end of it on my iPad - is that as your are now in the red outfit? Because you do not look 14st7, you look about 9 stone! Incredible, well done!

oooh yes mummy Saruk! The groin is fine now but my thighs still keep spazzing out on me and I don't know why. I'm having to be really careful with stretching them so am trying not to jump up too quickly or anything silly like that!

We haven't done a new pic yet, we have a flat inspection tomorrow and he has been cleaning like the end of the world is nigh, it's bizarre! He seems to think that if the flat has even a spec of dust the management agent will write us a snotty letter or something, he seriously over worries.

I did body pump and half hour in the gym Sunday. Have you seen the Snickers advert where his mate tells him he's a diva when he's hungry? That was so me, I ended up going round my mums for a huge roast and I was challenged to make a rocky road by some work mates! It was good rocky road but it was a stodge heart attack on a plate :eek:. Bought myself some dumbells and a barbell today, already done a nice bicep workout with some other stolen body pump exercises thrown in. Not sure how the weight will be this week, especially after the roast and the cake but I'll try and be good for the next few days and pray the weight loss gods are looking down on me :D

Haha good, I'm glad you were listening. Just try and take it easy - this is probably your body's way of saying "please let me rest".

How did the inspection go? Hope all the cleaning paid off and you've been named tenants of the year!

i have seen that! Exercise makes me so hungry too, especially swimming. But I also find I get full up much more quickly afterwards too. God I love a roast. And rocky road! You shouldn't have said that cos now I want to make one! Urgh. You can still get a decent loss even with the roast and cake - hell, it sounds like you burnt enough at the gym so I'd be surprised if you don't lose!

How did you get on this week Jody? Hope all is good with you!

Ahh thanks chick! I had meant to post on Thursday but looks like I never got round to it....:eek:

I'm annoyed this week. Last night was my first exercise free night in a week, I've done something every night, including a brutal PT session on Thursday yet I've gained weight. Then I start thinking that my diet was pretty poor, a curry, cake and probably too many carbs. Then I start arguing with myself that even though my diet wasn't great, with the calories I am burning I should have at least stayed the same, then I go back to thinking I haven't done enough. It could just be the unknown forces at work so I am determined to carry on with the exercise and just try and lower the carbs again but it's H_A_R_D!

I went to the gym again today, Pilates was cancelled due to illness unfortunately so I did 45 mins cardio and full weight workout. Tomorrow I have bodypump, Monday zumba, Tuesday Body pump again so I am pretty on top of the exercise.

Fingers crossed for this week :character00115:

Oh mate, that's such a shame. It does sound like it could be muscle weight though and as well, when you exercise your body holds on to water so with that much exercise it could have a part to play? Have you thought about measuring yourself? You'll prob find that you've lost inches :)

You have a crazy exercise regime! Do you feel better for it all in yourself?

Got my fingers crossed for you too :) x

We did do some new pictures this week and I do think there is a difference, especially around my middle/bum and thighs. It's difficult to tell as hubby took the pics at different heights!

Weekend has been ok food wise really and today I did another 30 mins of Cardio and then body pump, zumba is tomorrow and I booked a PT session with my BP instructor for Tues night (I get one free). I'm so, so much fitter than I was at the end of August and I am really pleased with that, I was wheezing all the time and now I hardly ever do.

On the non weightloss/food stuff.....I have a dress fitting appointment next weekend, can't remember if I mentioned it here but I have a formal works do (black tie) and I don't have anything suitable but there is a dress hire place down the road so I thought that would be worth a try! I have also done LOADS of xmas shopping, we agreed some fairly small spend limits this year as I am the only one with a FT job but I am so savvy with points and bargains that I have managed to get quite a bit. :26:

Sorry to hear about the gain. I've heard that exercise can mentally put people in a state of "oh, I worked hard and seserve a piece of cake" and that this mentality often does balance out the hard work :(
Do you use My Fitness Pal to log your calories and exercise? If not, might be a good way to look back at thigs as it will give you all the numbers for how much you are eating and burning. Of course- could also be water retention from muscles healing that caused the WI blip.
I've never done as hardcore exercise as you :eek: but there was a month where I challenged myself to do 30 mins of cardio a day (wii fit/exercise games) and I lost noticeably less that month than other months :S despite my diet beig exactly the same! So I stopped that pretty fast lol. I did notice my measurements losses were boosted though! And to be honest...being physically smaller is better than lighter ;) right?

Good luck with finding a dress! Have you noticed your clothes size change yet? :) x

Back