I'll be slimming all over the world.....slowly!

Oolong, that's exciting! Well done on your potential loss!

I quite like gyming after work ...it clears my head and afterwards I don't feel like I've been at work at all so it's kind of relaxing if you see what I mean. I haven't been to the gym since last week - going tomorrow and I'm looking forward!

It certainly wasn't as 'bad' as I thought it was going to be, I was really worried about the journey there as I don't know the area at all but it was really easy! We did some circuit training tonight - skipping, weigh work, step, boxing, everything really! It takes me the same amount of time to get home from the gym as it would from work so not too bad. I am considering joining up, it's £25 a month with free gym and classes Monday to Friday which I thought was good and I then won't feel bad for not going at weekends as it won't even be open! PT remains very encouraging, telling me I am doing well and making a lot of effort, he's adamant that I will soon find my weightloss increases from the current rate as my body almost gives up the fight - hope so!

Diet hasn't been too bad today, found kids meatballs in gravy that weren't too bad in the diet stakes but they were super grim, they looked and smelt like cat food, and didn't taste any better - lesson learnt :9529:Went slightly over on carbs and under on a few others but it's a real balancing act that's difficult to juggle at times! I still haven't had my cheat meal but did buy a diddy box of celebrations today and they are still sealed in my drawer. I really want to stay clean for as long as I can in case it tempts me to go back to old habits. Also can't decide what I want to spend it on - crisps and chocolate, cheeseburger, roast dinner....argh!

Nice work!!! That is so good that you can get the weekend off without feeling guilty ... Today I so was not up for gym in the slightest and I had to properly force myself to go, even more so when Mike said he wouldn't be coming, and I remember thinking to myself 'I just wish it was closed so that I don't have to feel guilty' ... Haha. Of course I'm so glad I went now, it was just such a struggle getting there.

Awww. Yummy! Just make sure you save the maltesar (have I spelt that right?) until last! You're doing so well cutting it all out and having only the odd bad thing - I wish I could say the same! Chocolate was screaming to me today but I ignored it and succumbed only to another Oreo ... But I had plenty of calories and carbs to spare (although I have now gone over on sugar ... Damn ketchup), but what this healthy eating thing is teaching me is everything in moderation! I love it :)

If it's raining and cold on Sunday then personally I think you really can't get much better than a good roast! Mmmm. It might be hard to keep that under 400 cals though ... (I remember you saying your PT said treats are fine, but not over 400).

Ive got a good feeling about both of our weightloss journeys mate! :)

Had a pretty good day diet wise, just everything else that went to pot. I almost cried from stress which is not like me at all. Last night I cooked up chicken fillets and peppers to take to work for lunch and forgot to put them in the fridge because as soon as I walked in it was manic, then I had to bin them - gutted :(. Went to mums for dinner and she made me awesome salmon fillets with lots of veg. Fat was quite under today so need to eat extra nuts tomorrow to try and make it up.

Did some resistance band work on biceps and triceps when I got home but getting myself in knots trying to pick a gym, I work about 20 miles away from home so not sure whether to pick something near work, something near home, in the middle, pay as you go/monthly - when will I use it etc. What a palava!

Weight in tomorrow - fingers crossed :cool:

Ohhhh no! I'm so sorry you had a stressful day ... But it's nearly the weekend! :)

haha, don't tie yourself in knots! I would recommend one closer to home as quite often I'll come out the gym and don't feel comfortable driving cos my legs are like jelly ... And also if you decide you'd rather go later in the evening when it's quieter, you can. The pay monthly/PAYG is completely up to you. I'd just work out how many times a month you'd have to go to make pay monthly a smarter choice. Like if the gym was £40 but PAYG is £8 a time, then just try and decide if you'll want to go more than 5 times each month.

Good luck tomorrow by the way! :)

Morning all, sorry for temp disappearance yesterday! Work was manic and I didn't leave until just gone 7pm :(

OK weightloss - was down 1.5lbs. Now, I am happy that it was another loss and that I am plodding on nicely, I was a little disappointed it wasn't 2lb as that would have seen me drop under 200lbs. I decided to have some treats so I had a much wanted pack of salt and vinegar crisps and a 2 finger cookies and cream kitkat lol. Amusingly, even though PT had allowed me to have an extra 400 calories when I have my treat, I only went 100cals over my normal daily target, it was just sugar and saturated fat that I went more over on!

Anyway, just to see....I weighed myself this morning and I was 199.75, so .5lb down from yesterday. I am not going to record it but it was interesting to see how different weight can be just in 24 hours. I will def keep that in mind.

No further on in gym choice, will have a think when I get back from holiday. Should have done a walk last night but it was raining so hard and almost dark when I got home, so definitely going to need to join something or find some new classes! Off holiday shopping soon, need suitcase and sun cream, at least it's a walk!

Hi Jody!

Have just read your whole diary so far- I love your writing style :D so easy to read, would love to be linked to your travel blog!
I am a(n amateur) writer too, though fiction/novels mainly.

You sound like you are working so hard on the exercise front!
Your diet sounds so tricky too! I have come here from the cosy Slimming World corner of minimins which I rarely leave, what you are doing sounds so much harder :|!
You habe inspired me to take a look at MFP and calculate what I'm eating as with SW ilwe dont.look at calories much as it is all pre worked out. I eat so much fruit and wecan eat unlimited lean meat and pasta (!?) as long as 1/3rd of our plate is fruit or veg. I am really enjoying it and eat lots of yummy things but wonder how much all the fruit I eat freely adds up :O

Earlier you said you were struggling to find things with enough protein and less saturated fat- have you looked at extra lean mince beef? It is less than 3% fat, I can only ever find it in Sainsburys (3 for £10 deal) but we are allowed as much as we like of it on SW and I've had great losses on weeks I've made a big batch of bolognase and had it with veg/salad a few times that week.

Bet you are super excited for your holiday! I am craving one even though I just had two weeks in Disney/Florida in July :p
I did my PADI open water diver course in Egypt in '05 and the sea was so beautiful there! I have dived in Barbados since but wish I had more chances too- having to do refresher courses is so annoying too!
Honey moon suite sounds fab!! :D enjoy! X

Hey Tetris, thanks very much for popping in! Just seen your stats - wowee, that's a lot of weight you have lost :worthy:. Seems like SW is really working for you!

The diet is difficult at times, especially if/when I go 'out' as you can never really tell what is in restaurant dishes. Hopefully it won't be so strict forever (hopefully!). Thanks for the lean mince tip, I did buy some Tesco finest steak mince before my PT gave me my new targets so it's not great on the saturated fat front but my mum told me to boil it first and most of the fat will be drained away so I might give it a go. I do love mince, especially when the weather starts getting dark and dingy - like now!

Less than a week until take off now and I am getting excited! Bought the new suitcase yesterday and done all the ironing, even packed the toiletry bag. Have a feeling this week at work is going to be pretty dire as my boss is away, I have a new system to get up and running and our annual audit starts - gah. I did a refresher in Marsa Alam in June after not diving for a year, and partly because I was nervous after a rough year last year, I'm really glad I forced myself to do it and am looking forward to doing at least a few more in Sharm. I think it is fair to say that at least one trip a year features diving for me, just so I can keep my skills current. We have started talking about a trip next Autumn and I really want to go to Costa Rica but also want to do another dive focussed week. Will think about it more after Xmas :cool:

Weekend has been pretty ok, did lots of walking whilst shopping yesterday and after initially struggling to find something to eat (I was counting on Boots having some nuts but they didn't so I had to have a pack of Special K crisp things), I managed to find a dry as bread chicken and pepper skewer meal in Wetherspoons. I've not long come back from a 40 minute walk in the rain and am about to see what I can have for dinner, think it might have to be fish!

Jody - so sorry I haven't popped in! Amazing work in your loss though mate, fab work! We're both so close to our first goal - how exciting! The wheels are well and truly turning now.

Not at all long until our hols! Such a good feeling ... Plus it's only a 3 day week for me, oh yeahhhhh. I hope it goes fast! Hopefully because you've got such a busy week ahead of you it'll zoom by!

So lucky that you get to dive so much :D wish I could afford diving hols... Bf is scared to try diving because he gets painful ears if he swims deep in pools :rolleyes:

Eating out is tricky to know calories.if they don't post them: may it be worth havig a look at some of the diets going that might be similar to your so that you can google how they rate meals out? For instance SW has a lot of the syn values for meals out, the high syn ones could give you an idea of what to stay away from in terms of fat/sugar quantaties...? I find it really useful being able to look up what restaurants have low syn options and what sounds OK but is actually laden with calories! Though I guess there are threads that give just plain calorie info for some restaurants too? I don't know, I'll shush now :p

Must be so excited about your hol, I'm jelous :D

My hubby won't dive either, he's slowly coming round to a try dive but I can't see him going through with it. We all have something that's just that bit too far out of our comfort zone and diving is his. I am glad he learnt to snorkel though as it's great to spend a few hours in the water together! Thanks for the tip about looking at other diets, at the moment I am trying to just plan ahead and avoid the whole eating out saga, I know that's a bit of a cop out but it's so difficult I get stressed :eek:

Hey Saruk, you are so nearly on holiday time that I am jealous! Just a few days for us now, woohoo!

Not been great lately, ended up having a curry on Sunday but did try to cut my portions down and not eat too much carb, felt so bloated afterwards though. Did Zumba last night and did walk Sunday despite the awful rain, PT session tomorrow but night off tonight as had to drive to London and back and it was dark when I got home. I *think* if the rest of the week goes ok I should have a loss, will report in on Friday ready for hols!

Don't fret about a curry! You'll still have a loss if you've been well behaved since then and you lost last time you had one didn't you! I really do think that if its going to be a change forever you just need to be able to have a treat day without catapulting head first off the wagon. Don't worry mate - you're doing great!

In fairness, it was a really good curry! I did go for a semi dry dish with lots of Spinach too so it wasn't all bad! Had PT session tonight, my legs just turned into jelly after 20 minutes, it was really tough but I am definitely so much fitter than I was a few weeks ago, I don't wheeze as much anymore. PT says I've lost weight but then he would say that wouldn't he? ;)

Managing to stick to the diet fairly well, once I put in all my food for today I was quite under so I just forced myself to have another slice of PB on toast, what a hardship! Off to mums tomorrow night, apparently I have Salmon again! I can't see me doing any more cardio before holiday but I will try to get the resistance band out.

Found out recently that if you exercise the day before weigh in, your body retains water to heal the muscle, so for best results on the scales you need a break day the day before- just thought I'd share this as it is so disheartening to exercise loads and then see no change on the scales :rolleyes:
Sounds like you made a good curry choice! Did you work out the calories? Good to be able to factor in treats like that every so often :)

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. We had a lovely holiday, the suite was fantastic and I have an addiction to Jacuzzis now! The weather was great and I did absolutely loads of snorkeling. Diet was nigh on impossible whilst there so I was adamant I would enjoy myself and then get straight back into things when we got back.....then, Monday lunch time, I came down with all sorts - cough, sore throat, stuffed up nose, joint aches, the lot. So exercise hasn't happened and food hasn't been good either, I am pretty sure I have put on most of the weight I lost in the weeks before I went away.

Am hoping I'll feel myself again by Monday so can book next PT session and join the gym :)

Miracles really DO happen! Despite coughing and spluttering all over the place today I decided to be brave and weigh myself to get an idea of the damage and I honestly can't believe it.....

With my top and trousers on (usually weigh in undies) I was 199 dead, I was so close to taking a picure to show you all :D. It must be where I haven't been well and probably haven't eaten as much. I am really happy with this, I thought I had have to spend 3 weeks losing weight I had re-gained.

So, I have reached a goal. I HIT ONEDERLAND :character00116:

Wow, amazing!! Must have been partly that you were.exercising while snorkling etc on holiday, I always feel like swimming leisurely makes me sooo hungry after a while!
Glad you had a great trip and enjoyed yourself food wise but obviously didnt go too crazy- fab job!

Heyyyy! Really glad you had a good time - the reefs out there are lovely aren't they? Was your hubby surprised about the room? How are you feeling now? Sorry to hear you are poorly!

ooooh, WELL DONE! You must be chuffed! Has that really spurred you on? Xxx

Sooooooooooo, the plan to just jump straight back into my old (&good) ways have failed temporarily. I still blame the cold, not my love of all things sugary, it was definitely the cold.

Weekend was just carb overload, I mean chip butty - would you like some extra carb to go on your carb? :eek: Not good at all. Anyways, can't change the past so let's focus on the future. Definitely climbing back on the wagon today although my leg is slightly hanging off after a single extra chocolately Foxes cookie snuck past my lips. Anyone who has had one of those knows that it's the law you eat one whenever a pack is opened. Honest.

Back to Zumba tonight and worked so hard I wanted to tweet a picture of my t shirt sweaty back patch - very refined. Not long finished up dinner, which wasn't remotely interesting enough to tell you about. Not sure if I mentioned it above but on holiday I got talking to a girl who lost 3.5 stone last year on WW, I keep getting tempted to try it as I know so many people who have done well with it. I do struggle with my diet most days! Paid the PT for another 5 sessions today, looks like it will be Wednesday or Thursday. Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Back