I'll be slimming all over the world.....slowly!

Hi Jody

I know exactly how you feel about moving we should have moved in Sept but our buyer pulled out the week before the move. We eventually moved two weeks before Christmas. So stressful!

It sounds like you've got the plan of action in place and focused on what you want to achieve on your weight loss journey. I started tracking my food from Friday it hasn't been brilliant so I'm seeing it has a 'practice / maintenance' week with the positive being it could be so much worse.

Happy new year to you!

Lisa x x x

Wow, what a crappy few weeks you've had. We moved back in Feb and the stress was unreal, I can't imagine going through that while it's around Christmas and your holiday too. Hope you manage to get settled soon and then things will seem a bit brighter for you.

Sooo jealous about Thailand, I'm sure it'll be absolutely amazing! It's a shame about the Maldives but great you can keep the deposit on hold for 6 months and not lose out. Hopefully you'll be all settled down again by then and ready to book your next adventure!

I think you're doing the right thing trying not to stress too much about the weight loss. You've done great, not only have you lost a stone but I'm sure you feel so much fitter/happier/healthier for all the exercise and dietary changes you've made. Much better to lose weight slowly and keep it off in the long run rather than yo-yoing, must be so tough when you don't see the results you want on the scale though, the weeks I've done 'well' and come out with half a pound or something are gutting so to have that over a long period must be so draining. When you get to target though all the struggle will make it even sweeter! Don't blame you for not weighing in 'til 1st jan, I'm going tomorrow and dreading it! Take care and fingers crossed for your new place x

found you :D

caught up properly on what's been happening....:( poor wee soul...

just keep doing your best and everything will fall into place...i'm sure :) *hugs* xx

Hey Jody!

Sorry to hear things have gone so tits up recently :( Thailand will be awesome though!

You have done so well with your fitness and weight loss but I can only relate to that feeling of slight obsessiveness with it... As rational as it is to brush off a maintain, it is gut wrenching when you have put so much effort in!!
Sadly we are the only ones to blame for the pressure we put on ourselves. Our bodies do weird things and I for one always seem to get great losses when I dont deserve them and crap losses when I've been angellically good!
I guess we all just need to find a balance that works for ourselves; I can imagine group and your diary on here make you feel some shame when you dont get an expected loss as it is more public too, even though so often an STS is on a week you've been so good!
Ehhh I'm not sure where this pep talk is going! :p you've got so much on your plate at the moment (just make sure it's 1/3rd super free ha ha ha *runs and hides*) that it is a good thing to re-asses the stress you are putting on yourself with food and exercise.

It is amazing that you can see your fitness increasing- I wish I had your energy, am so damn lazy :p

Hapoy New Year babe! X

Bless you all, I feel all warm and fuzzy reading your posts. Isn't it amazing the power of the written word, especially when none of us really know each other!

Lisa, that sounds super stressful. I am really hoping that we can find somewhere we want to stay long term when we buy as we will be in FTB position so that should help us. I saw a work mate go through the stress of finding a buyer then the chain broke down, it's just so complicated and I wish it was like Scotland where you are tied in once an offer is accepted! Hope your tracking is going well too and you get a loss, however small or great :)

Hey CT, am really starting to get excited about Thailand now, I think not having the Maldives booked is helping actually. I'm just arranging some snorkeling trips and I found out that one of the customer relations girls I met in the Maldives on honeymoon is now working at the tree house resort we are staying at! I think Thailand might cause me to gain some weight though :eek:. The maintaining is difficult, even though I know my body shape is changing I still want to see some consistency on the scales and it's depressing when it doesn't happen.

Soph - your comment amused me after this mornings weigh in....let me explain more.....

Firstly - HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! :new_year:

So, I said I was going to weigh today so I did the pre-weigh in ritual of toilet trip (charming!). Blinking scales wouldn't work! KNew the battery was getting low as it kept coming up with a warning but it just kept repeating the warning and not giving me my weight :mad:. Was sure I had new batteries so pulled the cover off but couldn't find any new ones. After a quick rub if the battery, sweep of the floor underneath and tentative step on, they worked, woohoo! The interesting part is that on the three times I got off, then got back on, they weighed me at 191lbs - exactly what my stats on here say already! I hadn't updated them for a few weeks as SW kept me at a maintain.

I think I had lost a few pounds in those two weeks and that's what I put back on over the past two weeks, but as that leaves me in the same place as my last official position, without me having to go through the mental trauma of increasing my weight.....I'll take it! :cool:

Last night we didn't do anything. I told hubby if he wanted to go to the pub with his mates I really wouldn't mind but he ended up falling asleep on the sofa and snoring! I went through three folders of paperwork to shred a load of old stuff, I put all our tenancy documents into date order and submitted a meter reading to the electric company. Just sooooo rock and roll of me! Ok, I did have a few to drink whilst doing it :7834:. So we had some good news yesterday, the bungalow is ours providing all the paperwork goes through with references etc. I've paid the paperwork fee and we have provisionally set the 15th of Feb as our moving day/weekend. We thinking the plan is to move everything to the new place on Saturday, clean everything up here Sunday and then complete check out here on Monday too. Family and friends have kindly offered to help with packing/unpacking/cleaning etc which is really kind. We are already starting to box up things that we won't be using before moving to make life easier! It's a cheek that we have to pay all these fees to move, check out fee and have all the carpets professionally cleaned. I've read loads of horror stories about agents with holding parts of the deposit when people leave. When we moved in hubby went round taking pics of marks etc and we had them all printed out and I am putting everything in a properly labelled folder so when they turn up, they will see I am not a women to be messed with, haha! :D

Sorry, this is turning into another epic post and I never meant it to......

I have decided to start my SWISH plan today. Basically it's just slimming world-ish! Clean, healthy, lean but more and not as obsessive. I reckon that chilling out about it, and some decent exercise will be a good plan. In four weeks today we go to Thailand and it would be great to drop a few more pounds by then although my focus will be getting back into bodypump and running. Hopefully to be at end of week 4 before we leave, if not at week 5!

Hope you all enjoy your day off today. Mum is doing a roast and I've asked her to do me a small portion, then we have to go to hubbys sisters for 'nibbles' but am sure I will be full from dinner. Think tonight I will have a nice soak in the bath :)

you're sounding a wee bit more up beat toots....which is good...and great news on the bungalow!

i'd be like you though...with everything all done properly so that there's no faffing about!

today sounds like fun...i've not eaten yet so "nibbles" would be excellent right now for me...shame i'm gonna tackle another 100% day ;) lol

enjoy your day x

So glad things seem a lot better for you and you've got the bungalow. Fantastic news on the maintain! Psychologically it must be such a relief to know you've not got to go through that horrible sinking feeling when you see a higher number on the scales. Not long until Thailand now either, sounds like you're all set for an amazing 2014! Xxx

Happy new year Jody - you seem much chirpier now which is great. I'm glad the bungalow looks all set and that you now think postponing the Maldives is actually a good thing.

You seem to be in a much better place and I really love your aims regarding not putting too much pressure on yourself. Are you still going to go to weekly SW weigh-ins?

Thats amazing you stayed the same over Christmas ... I haven't weighed in 2 weeks and WI is tomorrow .., haha,dreading it a bit! Never mind.

I am soooo jealous about Thailand ... Whereabouts are you going? It's definitely somewhere that I want to visit in the next few years. And what a great motivation too ... 4 weeks of being good, rewarded by a holiday of a lifetime! Nice!

Sounds like you started 2014 the right way ... Unlike me who is slightly hungover, full of cold and gorging on terrible foods which don't even make me feel good! Bring on tomorrow is all I can say.

Really happy that you seem back in the swing of things, I can't wait to see what 2014 will bring for us both!

Ahh amazing news on the bungalow - and I'm sure it will soon become homely once you have settled and put your own spin on the space.
Wehn are you off to Thailand? I just got back from the middle east the other day and am already planning what to do during my trip to malaysia in feb. Am tempted to head to bangkok for a few days to go to the market :)

Also, Maldives is a great carrot to be dangled once you have your flat sorted and stuff in order. You'll soon be moved in and settled :)

Sooooooooo, had a call from the letting agent today and we have passed all the referencing checks so everything is in place, what a massive relief!

Saruk - I don't think I will continue with the SW weigh ins, partly because I feel like I cope better privately when it's bad news and partly because we are moving the other side of town so I might think about moving once we are there. I'm not 100% yet though and will see how the next week or so go. I think the consultant tried to call me the other day as I didn't go NY eve :eek:. We are going to Khao Lak in Thailand, it's about an hour north of Phuket and we are staying in a tree house in Khao Sok for 2 nights during that time too. I am just trying to sort out snorkeling trips and trip to the turtle sanctuary, it's going to come round so quickly now!

CT - It was a relief although I did check my weight to my spreadsheet and I had put on the 4lb my own scales said I had lost, but that keeps me at a maintain on here. Obviously I'd like to drop that 4lb soonish though as to be 21lbs down before Thailand would be ace!

Mandlegrot - Malaysia looks fab too, I was looking at various hotels there the other day as a possible alternative to the Maldives, it's just a shame that I have this crazy snorkeling addiction!

Ok, so my SWISH plan is going ok, I won't bother going through everything I have eaten but yesterday I had a few treats but lots of veg, fruit and lean meat. Today is also looking good!

I've done lots of reading up about TDEE and BMR and think I understand why people talk about not eating enough. On a normal week when I do 2 x body pump, a PT session, Pilates and 2 x running sessions, my TDEE would be upwards of 2,300 calories. Some of my true SW days were probably around 1,300 calories (I just put a day from my diary into MFP to see). That's a huge deficit, especially if that was happening 2/3 times a week! I think I have tried so many variations now that I am just going to stick to exercise and a clean varied diet!

Went to Pilates this morning and then did another C25k work out from week 2, really struggling with running at the moment so had to drop down a week, bit gutted but determined to pick it back up and get through :D

Great news on the new house stuff all going through, another thing off your mind now!

Sounds like you're doing amazing with the amount of exercise. Don't worry about dropping back a week with the running, with all the stuff you're doing your fitness level is bound to be improving, you'll be getting back into it in no time.

I'm definitely guilty of the too few calories thing too, although I don't do anywhere near as much exercise as you, because I weigh more my BMR is about 2,200 cals too. Considering when I worked out my food yesterday it was about 1000 cals, it probably is too little. Gave me a nice excuse to have a big creamy pasta dish for tea tonight though. There's no way we want our metabolisms dying on us so it's well worth keeping an eye on! When I started SW i never even thought I might be guilty of eating 'too little', just shows how things can change!

Hope you have a fab weekend anyway hun, must be so exciting for you planning your Thai adventure! I'm not a bit jealous...honest! :p;)

I think the concept of having to eat a lot is quite alien to people wanting to lose weight. I struggle to get my head around it if I am honest but then I think about when I have been on holiday, not bothered with the diet, and come back to find I have lost weight still. I figure I've tried most other diets now so it won't hurt to give this a go!

Well, back in the gym this morning, treadmill blast and an hour of body pump. My back has been giving me some grief lately and I hope a good thai massage will sort it out as it's going to cause me issues if it doesn't stop hurting soon. It could just be where the muscle is being used but it's in a weird place and I can't seem to do much to stop it! Having a rest night tomorrow and then back in on Tuesday for some running :)

For breakfast, I had porridge with a coconut muller light and a pineapple finger, some raspberries and frozen mandarin segments.

When I got back from the gym I had a banana and a Jordans Crunchy almond and honey bar and then hubby desperately wanted a Burger King so I had a normal size bacon double cheese, it was ok, but for 497 cals, I could have had proper chocolate, meh!

Anyway, have a tub of mango sitting here to eat and I'll snack on something later :D

I think you're completely right on that Jody! I think we need to eat a good amount of calories, but just make sure they're good calories ... Like good fats and bad fats, and good sugars and bad sugars. I think it all comes down to the same thing at the end of the day ... Giving yourself what your body needs, not too much and not too little. Especially with all the exercise you're doing, if you're creating muscle but not losing much fat cos your body is holding on to it, then you won't see much of a loss. But still what you're doing has got to be great for it. I wish we could get like 30 nutritionists and dietitians in a room and fire questions at them!

Ahhhh, I have been craving a Burger King for about 6 weeks now! I'm tiring to hold off though until I have a hangover day and "need" it ... But on the odd days I've had them it's just been so much easier to have things delivered! Still, I'm still looking forward to the day when I cave, haha. I even managed to take 3 of my friends to Maccy's, sit in the "restaurant" with them and still stay away ... It better be good when I have it I tell you!

Absolutely amazing news about your bungalow - congrats on your new home! ;-)

when you say you had porridge and muller light for breakfast, was that separately? As I discovered this thing as SW where you get your allowance of porridge oats (so, 35g), pour a muller light of any flavour over it and let it all sink in overnight, and then in the morning, chop up some fruit to put on top. I did it this morning and it filled me up so much. Definitely going to do that more often.

Yep, I mix it all up, but I don't leave it overnight as it goes too mushy for me! I just put the oats in the yoghurt with some frozen fruit and leave it for 10 minutes while I get ready. It's really easy and filling, I'll def keep doing it!

So, for dinner I had a nest of medium egg noodles with sliced roast chicken, mixed veg, spinach then I just chucken some honey and soy sauce in - it was FAB! Took like 10 minutes and I wolfed the lot down :D

Been invited to a Fitness Fiesta weekend in March, not sure if I will go as it's a bit close to moving but if not, I might go to the October one!

Your stir fry sounds way better than mine tonight which frankly sucked lol!

Awesome that you lost the xmas weight :D yay!
SWISH sounds good ;) though I do believe SW isnt limiting if we dont push oursleves to be low syn/carb/etc! The tehnicalities are we can eat until we are full and have 300 cal of naughties, SW would be a breeze for me if I let myself do green/ee again, man I miss the days that worked for me! Lol
X

Sorry all, bit behind this week so very quick update and I will try and catch up properly tomorrow!

Weighed this morning - scales say 3.5lbs down! Didn't believe them so spent 5 minutes doing the scale shuffle - off, move a few mm, back on x 10! Still said the same so assume it's xmas weight/water coming off.

Did Body pump and treadmill tonight

Rebooked Maldives - Different island as original one was too expensive but we are going for an extra 2 nights now too, yay!

Hope everyone is well xx

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP to ALL the above! Amazing work! :superwoman:

Happy jody now?

Fab news on the weight loss and the holiday! :)) xx

Back