I'll prove I can do it!!

Think it depends on your taste buds hunny. I personally hated the porridge. Especially the original one but then your taste buds change doin this. See when you first have that bit of grilled chicken for the 1st time again it tastes bloody amazing and your taste buds will pop with excitement.
I love the oriental soup and the leek and tattie. You can add herbs and spices well I think you can he e so I add a wee bit of garlic powder or chilli powder to these. I personally didn't like the fruits of the Forrest shakes. I need to try the spicy tomato. Is it nice? Also I have never heard of the cookies milkshake. This sounds yum!
Don't know if this would be anything you guys would like bit if I'm craving something to chew I make a shake in a bowl with a little amount if water so it goes like cake mix and eat it. I can only do half of it the. Drink the other half as a shake. I get weighed in a couple of hours. X

I think i will try the leek and potato soup tonight!.. I keep going through the day one minute im okay and half an hour later im craving something to eat, but not actually hungry!? So frustrating. I can do this though and my partner is being really supportive even if he does sit there and eat in front of me! Haha.. Also maybe a silly question, can you add pepper to the soups? I think it makes things taste so much better! Im finding sparkling water really helping too. What plan are you both doing now? Xx

Yep you can add pepper - don't add salt though as it can cause water retention. I am a big fan of using the old herbs and spices to add flavour.

I am on SS+ do I have a small meal at night - my bmi was huge when I started and i wasn't allowed to SS. My CDC thinks I should stick to that ad I've had such big losses so I'm following her advice.

It hard having people eat in front of me, I have to cook my sons meals and it's a killer - especially avoiding his leftovers. I've not had a good day today, I went into town to watch the Christmas lights being switched on and had a glass of red wine, some hot chicken and some chocolate cake. Oooops! I must stick to plan tomorrow xxxx

That sounds like a much nicer plan! I think id like to have a small meal a day, but my CDC said this one was best for me to start with.. It can only get better i hope!

that food you had today sounds lovely! Suppose a treat is ok every now and then is it? Im scared it will knock me back and take 3/4 days to get back into it i was told?
Good luck with plan tomorrow! Has your whole journey gone quick so far? Xx

So I got myself weighed........ 10lvs down my little sugar pluffs!! That's 3st 2lbs lost in total and I'm now 15stone9lbs. I can't believe it!!! I'm sticking to ss until a couple weeks before Xmas. X

Christy Don't worry about today. I went out for food with my mam and dad and had a steak and salad. It was yum ha ha. X

To be honest I've completely binged tonight - I had some pretty devastating news about my Dad today and I needed it for comfort. Yes I know I shouldn't, but being told my Dad is having tests for pancreatic cancer has just tipped me over the edge. Mum died when I was 19 so Dad is the only parent I have, plus my son worships him - he has no relationship with his dad. I am having to stay strong for them both but its just too hard to be strong completely xx

Aw Christy that's awful hunny. I can't imagine what you are going through but please try and find comfort in something else. Your family are going to need you to he fighting fit and strong for your support through this horrific time. I'm sure your family won't want you to undo all your hard work. Finish having your wee binge tonight and start a fresh tomorrow. Look how far you have come. It would be such a shame to go back to the old eating habits: I'm sending you lots of hugs. Here if you need me gorgeous girl. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah I know you're right. I had to tell my little sister today which was really hard, but she needed to know. Was awful. I've drunk a bottle of wine and had 4 slices of buttered toast, plus some quavers and a pack of tangfantastics - that's plus the chicken drumsticks and chocolate cake. Bad I know :(

I will be ok tomorrow...will be business as usual....just needed a release. It's just got a bit too much today and I've been sat here worrying about things - I need to chill out until we know what we're dealing with for sure xxxxx

Aw Christy when you said binge I thought you meant a multi pack of crisps, 4 mars bars, a trifle and a chocolate cake with a carton of cream. Now that's a binge!! Yours is merely a wee slip up and considering the circumstances I think this can be forgiven. **** it I will decide an I decide you are forgiven. The Cambridge gods forgive you. C

Lol thanks lovely - I had a surprisingly good night's sleep and have had a vanilla shake for breakfast and a litre of water, determined to stick to plan today. Going to take my little man out for a longish walk over the Chase later, spent all morning giving the house a good clean and getting on top of the washing....I can't believe how much just 2 of us produce!!!

As I am losing weight I am looking more and more wobbly so decided I need to concentrate on toning - going to try and get down to the gym this week for a consultation. I haven't been to the gym since starting CD and the plan which was written for me last time was written for a 21 stone mess. I walk 4.5 miles every day now and I can feel I am in bette shape than I used to be - my requirements from the gym are completely different as I wanted them to focus on fat burn rather than toning. Will see what they say xxxx

Christy, I reiterate Fairy's thoughts on the binge. It's a blip and I understand why you did blip. You need to be strong and for you and everyone else. Wait and see the full picture from the doc's on your dad condition and prognosis. It can't be easy life is really quite fragile. Keep up your walking 4.5 miles is fantastic and just keep going. Minis friends are always here.

Can we start the gym while on this diet? I may join in Jan time. :) xxx

Kira said:
Christy, I reiterate Fairy's thoughts on the binge. It's a blip and I understand why you did blip. You need to be strong and for you and everyone else. Wait and see the full picture from the doc's on your dad condition and prognosis. It can't be easy life is really quite fragile. Keep up your walking 4.5 miles is fantastic and just keep going. Minis friends are always here.

Thanks Kira - I am feeling a lot stronger today. Yesterday i was in shock and panicked - I depend on my dad on a daily basis for after school care as it helps me financially. I think I just needed to sleep on it - we lost mum very suddenly and it wasn't expected - she was only 45 and taught me a hard lesson on how fragile life is. Dad was back to his old self today so I just need to concentrate on being as supportive as I can and deal with whatever it is when we know for sure what's wrong. I'm going to speak to my boss tomorrow as Dad wants me to come to the hospital with him when his appointments come through, so I'll need time off for that.

well I've been 100% today - having a Cajun turkey steak and roast veg tonight. Went for quiet a long walk this afternoon, the kids will sleep tonight lol xxxx

Fairy577 said:
Can we start the gym while on this diet? I may join in Jan time. :) xxx

Apparently so, my CDC told me not to initially but I have talked it over with her last time and she said I could now - but then I am having food so not sure if that makes a difference or not xxxx

Mmmm might get in touch with my advisor and see what he says. I don't want to be left with saggy skin. X

That's what I am concerned about - I am getting some under my arms and under my bum. My tummy and boobs are fine at the moment. I have to accept I am 40 so it may be an inevitability though - I am also taking collagen supplements, vitamin c and moisturising with Clarins special anti saggy skin cream daily xxxx

Just spoke to my advisor and she said steer clear of too much cardio just now and stick to toning. My best mate who is in this mental love triangle with me and the other friend who admitted he had feelings for me, well the 1st one goes to the gym and does strong man comps.
He said he would help me out as I have No ****ing clue what to do!! Ha ha. X

Ha ha ha!!!! Yeah my advisor said the same thing, I'm doing a lot of walking at the min because I'm walking to the train station every day (the parking nearby has gone up to £8 a day which is rediculous). It's for economical reasons more than anything as its costing me nearly £200 a month just to commute to work by train let alone adding on petrol and parking.

I'm going to concentrate on toning for now and will step up the cardio as I work up the stages xxxx

Well I shall do the same then missy. Oooft what a weekend it has been. I swear to **** I had 6 ex mess about buddies/boyfriends get in touch over the weekend! What is that about!!! X

Back