I'll prove I can do it!!

Kirsten 9lbs is amazing too. Ooo girlies we will be there soon. How much does everyone want to lose out of curiosity? X

I want to loose 29-35 pound.... 9lb gone so got 20-26 to go. Got two more weigh ins on ss+ then I'm moving up to stage 2 due to night duty. How my have u got to loose x

I have another 47lbs to go....so a long way to go for me xx

I started CD on 15 July and lost 70lbs since then :) I had been doing Atkins for 4 weeks before then and had lost 9lbs on top of that (I started feeling ill so needed to change). Hard to think I was 21st in May! I'm 15st5 now xx

Hi everyone

I've lost 2 stone so far and have dropped at least a dress size. I started in a tight 16 and can fit into some size 12's now!! I want to lose as much as I can by 21st Dec when it's my work meal.

Hope you don't mind me joining your threads.

W

I started CD on 15 July and lost 70lbs since then :) I had been doing Atkins for 4 weeks before then and had lost 9lbs on top of that (I started feeling ill so needed to change). Hard to think I was 21st in May! I'm 15st5 now xx

Wow what an achievement. And what a trooper 15 weeks I think I'm going to come off after 3 weeks I'm really missing food. More so sitting down as a family and its making me really moody I'm gonna sort of stick to it no carbs and smaller portions and low calories I'm hoping over my next two weigh ins I lose about 8-9 pound so will only have about a stone and a half to loose doing it that way x

willow12 said:
Hi everyone

I've lost 2 stone so far and have dropped at least a dress size. I started in a tight 16 and can fit into some size 12's now!! I want to lose as much as I can by 21st Dec when it's my work meal.

Hope you don't mind me joining your threads.

W

Welcome!!! That's a fantastic loss, I'm a tight size 16 now and dream of being a size 12....I'm hoping to get there feb/march time :) x

kristin said:
Wow what an achievement. And what a trooper 15 weeks I think I'm going to come off after 3 weeks I'm really missing food. More so sitting down as a family and its making me really moody I'm gonna sort of stick to it no carbs and smaller portions and low calories I'm hoping over my next two weigh ins I lose about 8-9 pound so will only have about a stone and a half to loose doing it that way x

To be honest it gets a lot easier as time goes on, I can't believe I lasted this long! I have just weighed myself and I am now 15st3!!! I had 1400 calories yesterday and I'm still losing! Just goes to show that the scare mongers who say u'll gain weight are doing just that - scare mongering!! I think ull comfortably lose 8ish pounds in that time and then u'r so close to target...arrgghhh that's so exciting! I'm going back on plan tomorrow so hoping for a really good loss this next week :) xxx

Christy that's fab! 15st 3! You;ll be breaking the 15st barrier very soon! 1400 calories day would still give some weightloss and it isnt' that much in one respect. I think also the calories over a period of a week balance out when doing the odd SS/SS+ day and then having some calories so overall you are still in deficit calories leading to weightloss. I don't think people mean to scare monger it's a case of for some (myself included) I found getting back to doing SS or SS+ very very difficult once I had real food. Whichever diet plan or method we use to lose weight a calorie deficit is necessary otherwise weight STS or we get a gain. Roll on next week for you Missy and you'll be in 14's and closer to the size 12 dress!

You are definitely right Kira, it's going to be very hard getting back on plan tomorrow now I've been eating 3 square meals a day, I've loved being able to tuck into real porridge and sultanas, a jacket potato and tuna and have a slice of bread without feeling guilty. I had spaghetti bolognaise last night which felt like such a treat! Is good to know I can eat those things soon :)

I've also come to terms with the fact I am going to have to keep a very close reign on myself. My son and I called into the local shop on the walk home from school yesterday and he chose some starburst, I decided I'd have a treat as I'd been good and chose a freddo because I know they are reasonably low cal as they r so small - Sam thought it was hilarious I was eating 'baby chocolate' - but u know what, it was the perfect treat and gave me the chocolate kick I wanted.

I am now psyching myself up to SS+ tomorrow, I stop the strong painkillers today and hopefully will be well enough to just take ibuprofen and paracetamol tomorrow so no excuses to stay off plan any longer! I've been reading up on my old WW info books and they've got some brilliant tips in them for tackling eating issues - when I start eating again full time I am definitely going to adopt some of the practices recommended because there is zero chance of my yo yoing with my weight again!! xxx

Well today's food has been:

Breakfast: Porridge with saltanas - 276 calories
Lunch: Veg soup with a slice of toast - 338 calories

I'm having trout stuffed with mediterranean rice with roasted Mediterranean veg followed by a tiny pot of ambrosia light rice for tea which is 477 calories tonight for tea.

So that is 1091 calories today - room for a small treat later i I feel like it...may abstain though as back SS+ing tomorrow and need to be good as gold until my Christmas party on 7 Dec :) xxxx

Ems I am super bloody chuffed for you. What a clever cookie and that's fantastic you have stuck to it. Seriously the first week is the hardest and I'm so proud of you! Well done hunny.
Christy you should be bloody proud managing to make good choices for yourself. Well done to you too. Xxx

Thank you so much! I am chuffed but still finding it sooo hard, not sure if this is normal haha. Xx

It's not just u, this diet is hardcore - its definitely mind over matter and keeping motivated. For me it's keeping a stock of smaller/tighter fitting clothes in and I try them on to see how I'm getting on....today I got myself in a pair of size 16 skinny jeans!! I can't remember the last time I could do that - probably when I was 20!! Those achievements keep u going :)

Keep the focus and u will reach u'r goal xxxxx

Well it's Day 1 of getting back on plan, so far so good, starting to feel a bit peckish but holding out for tea - having chicken with broccoli and cauli. I'm determined to follow SS+ 100% this week and get a good loss!

I had a cookies and cream shake for breakfast, spicy tomato soup for lunch and a cranberry crunch bar this afternoon. Had a litre of water so far, will make sure I drink my full water allowance before bedtime.

Got to put clean bedding on my bed and clear the ironing pile so got plenty to keep me busy! Think I'm going to have a soak in the bath and an early night in clean pjs tonight - you really can't beat climbing into fresh bedding, feeling lovely and cosy after a soak and putting on fresh pjs :)

Oh and been asked out on a date by a guy 9 years younger than me....can't be bad!! Ha ha!!! xxx

Wow lucky you! Go for it!
Sounds like youre doing well today!.. It is very hardcore this diet but im suprising myself i have never had any willpower, and today my fiance offered me a crisp.. I took it and couldnt bring myself to eat it! So proud haha. Xx

Ahh that's brilliant!!! Well done on avoiding the crisps :) I must admit my halo has just slipped...just cooked Sunday dinner for my son and ended up eating his leftover Yorkshire pud and had a small slither of chocolate cake....ooops!! Oh and I had a small slice of cheddar cheese just. I should have cooked my meal at the same time but I thought it was too early. I am drawing a line under it and carrying on - small slip ups are normally nothing major. Tomorrow will be 100% :) xx

Hey Christy,
Great to have a read over your diary - you've really turned things around over the past six months or so, but it's great to see that you seem so balanced about using Cambridge, but not fretting about eating, having a break, or slips.

I think its really important to stick to plan, but recognise that we are each doing our own n=1 experiment, where nobody knows our bodies as well as we do.

I hope you smash that 15st barrier next weigh-in.

Awww Adam I am really touched that you took the time to read my diary!

Yes it has certainly been a journey...I was a size 24-26 when I started and this weekend I discovered I fit into a pair of size 16 skinny jeans! It was a wonderful moment - being 5'7" I know I can carry a size 16 quite well. Not that I am stopping there...I am on a mission to get into a size 12 in the end so I can steal my skinny sister's clothes ha ha :)

I think it's really important to have a balanced approach when following any weight loss program. At the end of this journey we all have to get into a normal life and there will always be reasons to go out for meals, have a drink or 5 with friends or sit at home watching a DVD and a few treats. The trick is we have to balance it with making healthy choices 80% of the time and living active lives. I made a conscious choice at the beginning that this diet was not going to stop my life - putting your life on hold is just a recipe for disaster and it cant last long term. I had 9 stone to lose and that was never going to happen overnight :)

Really looking forward to hearing about your progress!! xx

That's what I'm worried about.. Getting back to a 'normal life'. I'm worried I'll binge again. As I'm losing weight I'm getting rid if my clothes. I'm 5ft 7 also.. X

Ahhh I'm doing the same thing Willow, I've kept one pair of size 26 jeans as a reminder to myself that I need to be honest with myself about what food I eat. I was such a glutton and a comfort eater - if I go back to eating 4-5000 calories a day I will be that size again!

I'm going to make sure I use My Fitness Pal daily as a reality check but I will allow myself 1-2 easier days where I can have a night out or a nice tea, other than that I will be very careful xx

Back