I'll prove I can do it!!

Er hiya. *hangs head in shame* Hope you are all good. I have been a disgrace. I have to get back in the plan again. Too much beer and good makes Fairy a Porker. :( x

Oh join the club missy!! I've only been back on it 5 days so seriously don't feel bad. At least you are facing up to it. We'll get there in the end...just think how far we've come already!!! xx

Ill get back to it tomorrow but I'm going to watch the footy on monday with the boys so beers will be had then ha ha. My size 14 jeans are getting a bit tight on me. I'm so glad I chucked out my really fat clothes. Xxx

Evening Ladies! Glad you are back too Fairy! Wow Day 5 already Christy and not before that's completed! So glad you are back in the zone. Think this time you'll go the whole way to goal! You don't really have that much left to lose.

Ill get back to it tomorrow but I'm going to watch the footy on monday with the boys so beers will be had then ha ha. My size 14 jeans are getting a bit tight on me. I'm so glad I chucked out my really fat clothes. Xxx

Yeah I did the same! So so glad, there is nothing in my wardrobe over a size 16 so I have to keep my weight down.

I want to get down to 13 stone but I am starting to consider aiming for 11 stone now. Not sure, will need to be careful as don't want to look old.

I'm going to see P!nk on Sunday at the LG Arena...driving though so will stick to water and be good lol :) xxx

Evening Ladies! Glad you are back too Fairy! Wow Day 5 already Christy and not before that's completed! So glad you are back in the zone. Think this time you'll go the whole way to goal! You don't really have that much left to lose.

Yay day 5 done and dusted...not hungry and totally in the zone. SS is sooooo much easier!! Have felt quite light headed today but I didn't sleep well last night. J's dad has been taken off his heart meds and put on 24 hour pain relief...doesn't sound good at all to me, but I haven't said that to J xx

Well done Christy! Can't wait to hear your official weight loss this week!

i have too say I agree it doesn't sound too good about J's dad. A very difficult time to say the least. X

Yeah not heard from him at all today but he knows where I am.

I just want to get into the 13s asap - want to put as big a gap between me and those 15s as poss as NEVER want to be that weight again!

It's my birthday on 27 May and marks the low point last year when my self esteem hit rock bottom and I knew I had to do something about my weight. I weighed 21 stone then. I would love to have got into the 12s by then....wow wot a thought!!!! xxx

Scales couldn't make their mind up this morning and was hovering between 14st10 and 14st9. Just 2lbs to shift before I've lost all the weight gain xx

I am really really struggling today, not with the diet, but I feel like an emotional mess. I just want to cry all the time and have zero appetite :( x

Hi ChristyT,
Well done on the weight loss so far!! I have just spent a good half hour reading through this thread!
Im only on day 9 but i am starting to feel good now. Just keep going with it and keep thinking of the end result! you'll be there in no time. Ive had a few hard days but its this forum mainly thats kept me going! (i haven't really told anyone i'm doing the cambridge becasue most people dont think its 'healthy' or 'good for you')
You're doing great, keep it up!! you've motivated me so much!
hannah x

Ahh thank you HannahLouise, I'm touched that you took the time to read it all!! I do have a tendency to ramble on :)

Day 5 is almost finished and I'm feeling a lot better - need WI to happen!

Well done on getting through day 9 - u r doing brilliantly!! This diet isn't for anyone but with some self control and determination, and a lot of support from the lovely bunch on here u will definitely get brilliant results. I was a size 24-26 last July and I'm a size 16 and edging into a 14 now. Almost half the size that I was, and that is with messing about for the last 3 months. Don't be put off by people telling u this is temporary weight loss...if u eat sensibly u will keep it off. As soon as u introduce food u will gain about 7lbs but thats just glycogen and that is why it's important to spend some time working up the steps, as long as u do that u'r glycogen levels will settle gently :) :) good luck on u'r journey xx

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
christy I've been reading your diary over the last couple of days and you have done amazing, the change in you is totally inspiring. I'm only on day 3 of ss and have a long way to go but you and the other girls are really motivating me!
Xx

Christy how are you doing ? Feel and I didn't get to log in earlier And check how your are ?

Itz TGIF but I am struggling myself. A complete non planned day . But I have to deal with it. Hope you are ok.x

Hello everyone!
christy I've been reading your diary over the last couple of days and you have done amazing, the change in you is totally inspiring. I'm only on day 3 of ss and have a long way to go but you and the other girls are really motivating me!
Xx

Thank you Nicky!!! :) When I started last year I seriously did not believe for a second I would get that far - deep down I thought I'd get down to a size 20 and say that's it, i remember telling my sister i'd stop when i got into a size 16 but I'm there now and now I'm saying I want to get into a size 12. Thing is time on CD flies and once you get into the weigh-in cycle the motivation just keeps going.

Take it a day at a time and read this forum every day and before u know it u will be an old hand at it all. Good luck!!!! xxx

Christy how are you doing ? Feel and I didn't get to log in earlier And check how your are ?

Itz TGIF but I am struggling myself. A complete non planned day . But I have to deal with it. Hope you are ok.x

Hello lovely!! I'm ok, I've been very very tearful today but it's not CD, I'm just so worried about J and his parents. He didn't text me at all yesterday and he always texts when he finishes work - he was on until midnight last night and when I woke he hadn't.

He rang me at lunchtime and apologised, he was so tired he forgot - he hasnt been sleeping because he's so upset by it all.

I'm ok - I just need to get used to this is the way it is for the time being. Like I said to him today, he's worth the wait and it won't be forever.

I've had a couple of squares of green & blacks 70% choc and a slice of cheddar, but hey it's Friday...I'm not going to be too hard on myself. Sooo hope I am 14st9 tomorrow!!!

Keep going lady....u r unbelievably close and like u say....it's Friday!!!! xxxx

Today has been the worst so far but not awful! I'm actually looking forward to my weigh in on Tuesday.
My partner is doing it with me he has 3st to lose. we have no kids so have cleared the house of food (apart from randomly some light laughing cow triangles have been missed) and my best friend is ss+ing it, she has about 1st 7lbs more than me to go. Misery loves company, but it's for a great cause! And maybe a little healthy competition between me and gav will help!
Have drank so much water my teeth are floating!
well done for keeping going especially with all the sh#t you've had thrown at you.

x

That will help loads doing it with your partner, I will warn you, those pesky boys lose it soooo quickly. It's just not fair!!! J wants to do it too and wants to lose 3 stone but I'll wait until after he's in a better place after his Dad's passed away before I introduce him to my CDC.

Sounds like you are really focused and I bet you will have a brilliant loss this week!!! The first week is always awesome and gives such an awesome boost!!! I look forward to hearing u'r progress :) xxx

Morning Christy! Can't wait to read your weigh in results! Though right now I hope you're sleeping! It's 5.30am as I type! Been up since 4.30! No idea why but was wide awake.

I was awake at 4.30 too - my son had an accident and he woke me to change his bed. Nothing like changing sheets when u'r half asleep. I've cat napped since. Just as well I have no plans today and it's going to be a lazy one!

How come you were awake so early? Did u wake and then struggle to get back to sleep? I hate it when that happens :(

My scales say 14st9 this morning! One more pound to get down to my pre-blip weight, then the weightloss mission continues. My next target is 13st11, that is when I officially lose the vile 'obese' label and become merely overweight :) xxx

Back