im annoyed with tortilla wraps....

Tracie Green

Silver Member
:(:mad:i just cant believe they are so high in syns!! 9.5 for a tesco healthy living one!! i just love them!! i struggle eating veg, so tortilla wraps are good for me as putting veg in them is nice!! but its a bit of a struggle not having any other syns in the day!! anyone know of any lower syned ones??:confused:

Look for smaller ones if possible. There are some about 6 inches in diameter as opposed to the normal sized ones. I think I've had some in the past for about 7.5 syns but can't remember where from.

Like you, I love them but sadly don't eat them much as I can't stop at one, or two or even three for that matter!!!

hi,
Do you like pita pockets- they are bit less.. wonder why wraps and pitta aren't healthy extras??anyone know?

It's due to the low fibre content. HEX B choices need to be high in fibre.

Also, they are a lot of cals too so would work out too much. Most HEX B choices work out at 6ish syns, these would be too much. :)

Weight Watchers Plain Tortilla Wraps, 6 pack 40g each

red.gif
Original 5 Syns
green.gif
Green 5 Syns

i know its not the same but have you thought of using eggs, like a pancake and use that to wrap round things, you need to let them cool abit.

Wonder about wholemeal tortillas...they might be slightly less...

I'm on ww so I also have no idea about syns, but i know that asda do their own wholewheat tortillas which are lovely (much better than the crumbly ww ones) maybe you could check them out, its these ones here:
ASDA - Product information

hope that link works.:)

A wholemeal pitta is 7.5 syns.

8.5 for a Discovery Foods tortilla.

Old el paso corn tortillas are 6 each.

Still trying to find a wholemeal tortilla value...

This is a recepie off ww that I tried once but not sure how many syns it would have maybe someone could work out as I am new and don't want to get it wrong.

NAAN BREAD

250g semolina
1 teaspoon baking powder
125g ELF ( garlic & herb is good)
pinch salt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ teasp ground corriander
½ teasp cumin
2 teasponns chopped fresh corriander
1 beaten egg
1 desertspoon natural yogurt
skimmed milkif needed
Fry Light
Sea Salt

Heat oven to 220C/400F/gas mark 7
Cream, cheese,garlic,yogurt and egg together, stir in semolina, baking powder, salt and spices. If needed add enough skimmed milk - a drop at a time - to make a soft and manageable dough. Divide into four.
Spray a large baking tray with Frylight make into 4 tear shaped flat naan breads and place on baking tray.
Bake for another 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.

This is another one that you could maybe use the egg rolls out of the recepie to fill with things instead of the tortilla.

Crab egg rolls.
serves 2, 4pts per serving or core, takes 15 mins

Ingredients:
60g thin rice noodles
2 med eggs, plus 2 whites
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 spring onions, chopped
juice 1/2 lime
3tbsp coriander, chopped
1x 170g tin white meat crab in brine, drained
low fat cooking spray
Method:
1. Pour boiling water over the noodles to cover and leave to stand for 5 mins until softened. Meanwhile, beat the eggs and egg whites with a little seasoning then stir in the spring onions. Drain the noodles, rinse in cold water and mix with the lime juice, coriander and crabmeat. Season the mixture with freshly ground balck pepper.
2. Spray a small non stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Pour in a quarter of the egg mix, swirl around the pan and cook over a med to high heat for 1 min on first side. Flip over and cook for a further 30 secs. As each egg wrap is cooked, add a quarter of the crab noodle mix and roll up, then repeat to make a total of four rolls.
serve at room temp or wrap up for lunchbox.

There's a recipe in one of the old SW magazines - I think it's called burrito bowls. They use a corn tortilla in a bowl, filled with chili or taco mixture or something. Can't remember now. But I do remember it using a corn tortilla. I guess as it's part corn meal, thus less flour, it's lower in syns. Though maybe check out the wholemeal ones as well, as mentioned above?

I have just posted a recipe for chinese pancakes in the recipe section, that may be a substitute for tortillas. They work out at 2.5 syns each (plus 1 hexa) and can be filled, and eaten hot or cold

wow im not alone in the love for tortilla department am i hehe xx thanx for all your suggestions!! im gonna look out for some weight watcher ones i think, at least i would be able to have 2 wraps instead of just a measly 1 : ( xxx

mmmm this is a tricky one do we think we could try something with smash like the pizza base i might try and have a go tonight mate lol

Back