Im back for good! 2012 is my year to taste success-& it tastes like a cambridge shake

**meant to put my smilies in, so that sentence would read:

feeling :badmood: and :zz: today!!

xxxx

hey there honey. i suffer with really bad cystitis frequently. one option i use is loads and loads of cranberry juice, but more recently the doctor suggested neutralising the acidity of wee (sorry if it's tmi) as the nasty symptoms of a water infection are usually caused by this, and i've found that half a teaspoon of bicarb of soda in a large glass of water works wonders!! and then again a bit later on if necessary. tastes gross, but works far far better than those sachet things you buy. you do need to use one option or the other though as cranberry juice is obviously very acidic...

hope you feel better soon babes.

abz xx

thanks hun, think i'll try that, so its just normal bicarb with water yeah?? gonna give that a go! xx

hey. about half a teaspoon in a massive glass of water. don't have too much at once or it might upset your stomach, neutralising too many stomach acids etc. but i've had it a few times with a couple of hours in between to gently alkalinise myself :) helps loads :) and it's cheap.

but it does taste rank so hold your nose!! :D

Bum. I haven't got any bicarb, gonna send OH to get it when he gets the chinese!

So far today, I've had:

WW wraps filled with lettuce and cut into fingers:
204 cals // 1.8g fat

White baguette (warmed in the oven and was yuuuuummmy!) filled with lettuce, ham and salsa:

Bag - 370cals // 2g fat
Ham - 38cals // 1g fat
Salsa - per 30g: 7cals // trace fat

Total:
Cals: 619 cals // 9.8g Fat

So prob more than I should've had all day considering I'm having a chinese tonight!!

Not sure how many cals // fat is in my chinese, if I was having 1500cals today I'd have 881 cals left for my chinese. Surely there's not gonna be that in:
*1/4 tub of boiled rice
*1/2 serving of chicken with ginger
*2 tablespoons of chicken chow mein
*2 tablespoons of curry sauce

??? ne one know ???

Just had my chinese and really regret it coz my wi is mon!!:sign0007:

But i stuck to what i said i was gonna have (boiled rice, a little bit of chicken chow mein, chicken with ginger and a little curry sauce) but the chicken in ginger was disgusting!! never knew ginger was SOOOO strong - :yuk: :yuk: and :sign0137:!!

So i also pinched a satay chicken!! which is SOOOO bad and the sauce is just FULL of fat! but it was worth it & so nice!!

I didnt take the tab but still got a mega bloated belly and pains :sigh: prob from not having alot of fat for over a week

gonna stop being anti-social to my guests now and log off!

xxxx

Just had my chinese and really regret it coz my wi is mon!!:sign0007:

But i stuck to what i said i was gonna have (boiled rice, a little bit of chicken chow mein, chicken with ginger and a little curry sauce) but the chicken in ginger was disgusting!! never knew ginger was SOOOO strong - :yuk: :yuk: and :sign0137:!!

So i also pinched a satay chicken!! which is SOOOO bad and the sauce is just FULL of fat! but it was worth it & so nice!!

I didnt take the tab but still got a mega bloated belly and pains :sigh: prob from not having alot of fat for over a week

gonna stop being anti-social to my guests now and log off!

xxxx

hehehe my mother is always telling me off!!

Im not a fan of ginger ... unless it is in ginner nuts!!...actually i just remembered i also ate a ginger breadman today tooo hehehe

hope your having fun!! Id be tempted to take the tablet! I ALWAYS take my tablet even if ive be really naughty and have a KFC and ive never papped me self!!! Just think it will take 30% of the fat out. Are you going any where tomorrow?

xxx

hey Kate, I DIDN'T take the tablet, but i was still stuck on the loo ALL night :sigh: !! had horrendous stomach pains and couldn't stop going til like 3am this morning :sign0137:!!

it's fab incentive coz even if i've gained / sts this week from the chinese, i've now promised myself that until this weight's off i'm not having another chinese / mcdonalds / kfc / burger king!

going to the Cider Festival today, kidney's are feeling a bit better, but still not gonna drink, it's more for OH, as he's a cid-er drink-er!

still contemplating what to wear with this lovely weather....got black 3/4 trousers, a blue tunic-y top (with a black belt under the boobs) and blue sandals ready .....to dressy?? not dressy enough? what does one wear to a cider festival?? now, a champagne festival would be more my thing! champagne, chocolate fountains, strawberries and cream - i may start one!! ha ha!

ne way, just about over my chinese, been rushing around like a mad thing getting everything ready, tidying the house and having a bath, OH has gone to get his hair cut so ive sneaked on the computer to get my daily-addicition-dose of minimins and facebook - he thinks im doing my makeup! ha ha!

gotta come on here to keep me on the straight and narrow for the day! gonna be all burger vans and chocolate counters at this festival! hopefully some salad too!

right, better actually DO my makeup.....

you upto ne thing nice today Kate? Lovely weather for a change isnt it! looks like summer 09 might actually be arrivng........(not holding my breath tho!)

xxxx

hope you feel better soon =]
your doing well but im concerned about your doctors giving you the xenical despite knowing side effects ect.... please consider ringing nhs to discuss if this is ok xx

hey Kate, I DIDN'T take the tablet, but i was still stuck on the loo ALL night :sigh: !! had horrendous stomach pains and couldn't stop going til like 3am this morning :sign0137:!!

it's fab incentive coz even if i've gained / sts this week from the chinese, i've now promised myself that until this weight's off i'm not having another chinese / mcdonalds / kfc / burger king!

going to the Cider Festival today, kidney's are feeling a bit better, but still not gonna drink, it's more for OH, as he's a cid-er drink-er!

still contemplating what to wear with this lovely weather....got black 3/4 trousers, a blue tunic-y top (with a black belt under the boobs) and blue sandals ready .....to dressy?? not dressy enough? what does one wear to a cider festival?? now, a champagne festival would be more my thing! champagne, chocolate fountains, strawberries and cream - i may start one!! ha ha!

ne way, just about over my chinese, been rushing around like a mad thing getting everything ready, tidying the house and having a bath, OH has gone to get his hair cut so ive sneaked on the computer to get my daily-addicition-dose of minimins and facebook - he thinks im doing my makeup! ha ha!

gotta come on here to keep me on the straight and narrow for the day! gonna be all burger vans and chocolate counters at this festival! hopefully some salad too!

right, better actually DO my makeup.....

you upto ne thing nice today Kate? Lovely weather for a change isnt it! looks like summer 09 might actually be arrivng........(not holding my breath tho!)

xxxx

oooOhH that will teach ya to be naughty wont it!!

I am just giggling at you saying 'he's a cid-er drink-er!' in your welsh accent hehehe (sowwy!!:p)

The idea of a cider festival gives my tummy butterflies!! I lurrrve cider!! especially the flavoured ones!! Koppaberg summer fruits is my fave!! Shame im on a diet this summer!! When im at goal:)innocent0001:) at xmas it will be boring winter fruits which is pooooo!!

Im just chillin about the garden...thats if you can chill with a one year old and a 3 year old hehe!! Got kiddies party at 5.30 - 7.30 eeeek!! the girls are usually in bed for 7 so they will be mega tired and grumpy on way home arrrrgh lol

i actually get told off for going on laptop!! m always on minis!! hehe i say bug ger off!! When you start giving out interesting conversations i'll come off hehehe

Hope ur having a fab day

luv katie

xx

thanks piink punkstarr, im seeing the docs on monday ne way and it HAS eased off, i didnt take tabs all day fri or today, gonna start them again tomorrow and see how i feel, i will bring it up with the doc though. thanks hunni!

i looooooove cider too Kate!! but really couldnt face any today after that chinese! lol! haven;t really ate anything today but I did share half a beef burger with my mother in law!! ahh! havent taken tabs yest or today but still had MEGA bad belly! luckily i wasnt caught short - it was just painy and grumbly!

gonna have a ham salad roll now and a mega early night!

OH loved the cider fest! drank about 10 pints of different flavours/types and is now tucked up in bed after :9529: everywhere! nice!

there were bands and all different types of stalls and lots of cider! it was just gorge sitting in the sunshine! quite depressing as there were lots of skinny minnies round in tiny shorts with their bum cheeks hanging out! but hopefully next year.......

going to the seaside for the day tomorrow and there's this LUSH restaurant by the beachfront that does stunning salads ((really yummy!!) and they serve them with the sauces on the side, so going there for lunch tomorrow.

xxxx

Morning everyone,

feeling a bit :sign0137: this morning, just counted bk on my calendar and think TOTM is due :mad: not nice....

I've been debating whether to weigh in on a weekly or fortnightly basis, as my MIL weighs in fortnightly/monthly and then it shows a much bigger loss, so she reckons its liberating to stay away from the scales and a nice suprise when you DO weigh, coz it shows a much bigger loss it's really motivating.

As a serial weigher I didnt think i'd be able to stay away from the scales, but because my OH has hid mine it'll be easier at home! As I said, got up this morning & feel like it's gonna be TOTM very soon, so the decision has been taken out of my hands!! i'm not gonna weigh tomorrow and be de-motivated coz it shows I've STS or put on coz of my period (i hold alot of water, get really bloated @ totm) so i'm gonna wait til NEXT Monday and weigh! may even go to the end of August and THEN weigh??? should be a nice surprise then!

I sooooo won't be able to stay away from the scales til Aug 31st will i??!! lol!

Right, gonna be really strict for the next 3 weeks as I'm going away on September 4th to IOW and wanna look the best I possibly can!

So here's what I plan to eat / exercise for the next 3 days:

Sunday:
Breakfast - coco pops with skimmed milk
- a fresh fruit smoothie
-a blue tablet and lots of water

Dinner - a big bowl of salad to start, followed by:
Either: a cooked dinner with chicken and a little gravy with
LOTS of veg,
OR: a jacket potato with chicken breast and peas

Tea: a Tesco healthy options vegetable curry and rice.
a frozen mullerlite yogurt

Snacks - satsumas, apples, mullerlites,
Drink - green tea and lots of water
Exercise - lots of walking.

Monday:
Breakfast - weetabix with skimmed milk
- a fresh fruit smoothie

Dinner - special k with skimmed milk
-a fresh fruit smoothie

Tea - a cooked meal with the OH

Snacks - fruit

Exercise - Curves

Tuesday:
Breakfast - weetabix with skimmed milk
- a fresh fruit smoothie

Dinner - special k with skimmed milk
-a fresh fruit smoothie

Tea - a cooked meal with the OH

Snacks - fruit

Exercise - Curves.

So this is until Wednesday, then I'll plan again. Going shopping today to get lots of fresh fruit and veg in and some nice options for tea, then going to the beach! dont think we're actually go ON the beach (i hate sand! lol!) but are going for a walk along the seafront with Annabelle, OH and the in-laws!

Like I said, REALLY going to go for it over the next few weeks, and I hope to be able to tick off the first 4 of my targets at end of August!! that will be REALLY motivating!!

xxxx

Hey hun!!

Just being having a nosey at your menu!! Ive said to you before i have never been a fan of having a bowl of cereal for a meal. If i do im starving an hour later and start picking at stuff. But if it works for you then thats fine! I just dont want you to fall into a trap of settng your food too low! There is nothing worse than being hungry and fighting your will power!! My hunger always wins!!

i really hope you do tick the first 4 goals off this month!! that would be ace!! Your doing to well!

Wats this curves thing anyway? ive never heard of it!

Im desperate to go shopping but i had to cancel my card the other day cos some cheeky Arse has used it on a fruadulant order!! The bank have refunded it but i gotta wait 14days for a new card! Sooo i gotta trapes two kids to town to bank argh!! Plus i am going away on friday so will have to carry the cash around all weekend! Not a happy bunny!!! Plus i usually do online shopping (i spend less and dont buy as much crap!!) but im afraid they dont do IOU's lol so will have to wait till monday when kids r at nursery and i can go to the real super market lol

Speak soon luv katie

Hey hunni, Curves is a ladies only workout place that does weight resistance training, you go there and it's a big circle of weights machines with dance mats/squares in between the weight resistance machines, so it goes:

machine - dance square - machine - dance square - machine etc in a big circle and you go around the circle 3 times in 30mins and thats your workout!! The machines work all the diff parts of your body, there's squat machines, abs machines etc.....and on the dance squares you can either jog, walk on the spot, step up and down. (I kinda do a little 4 step-square thingy!!) just encourages you to keep moving and keep your pulse up.

i like it coz they get you to test your pulse halfway round against a chart on the wall to see if youre in "fat burning mode" and they even tell you to slow down if you're doing too much and getting out of FBM.

They concentrate on inches lost there rather than lbs, so they measure every inch of you, they DO weigh you but there's not so much emphasis on weight lost. So I'll be having every inch of me measured tomorrow!! Should be fun! (stomach, waist, round the skinniest bit under your boobs, round the fullest part of your boobs, arms and thighs!!)

Gonna do that 3 times a week and go to the gym the other 2 times, have 2 days off to rest and recover!! lol!

I find cereal quite filling (off course not "i'm stuffed" full! lol!) but ive done that before whilst cal counting, cereal for two meals and then a meal for tea with snacks of fruit, salad and mullerlite yogurts through the day and i lost over 2 stone!! so i know its not realistic to keep up for ever, but im gonna try it for a few days here and there to boost my weight loss, and im adding a smoothie in for both meals here and the cals in them are around 150each, so when you add it all up it WILL come to around 1200cals/day if not more.

I'm back feeling positive now coz the sun is shining! lol! I'm gonna really go for it this week and WI next monday then!

So far today, I've had:

*Weetabix with skimmed milk - 127cals // 0.8g fat

*A sunday lunch with turkey, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, stuffing, a small yorkshire pudding and gravy - approx 550cals // 15g fat

I've also had a cup of green tea, 2 diet cokes and a big glass of water, gonna try and get more water down me now!!

xxxx

If you are having cereal for lunch because its something quick because of the baby, why not zap some low fat supernoodles in the microwave - quick and filling?? And cheap!

oooh sounds nice! good idea!! i think ill get some of those in! thanks flabbybumbum!

------------------------------------------

Had an OK day, emotionally and food-wise, not feeling good, not feeling bad....just feeling! lol! am feeling quite "windy" to be honest! ha!

Ne way, gonna have to log off soon and put Annabelle to bed asap as shes really tired and grizzly, shes having a cwtch off her daddy for the time being....

Today I've ate:

Weetabix with skimmed milk, green tea and a blue pill
127 cals // 0.8g fat

Dinner - cooked turkey dinner with lots of veg and a small yorkshire pudding, diet coke and a tab. approx:550cals // 15g fat

Tea - 2 sandwiches of lean ham and pepper. A pack of skips.
518 cals // 8.5g fat

Snacks:

*3 jaffa cakes ((46cals x 3 = 138 cals // 0.9g fat each one = 2.7g))

*2x ww wraps cut into fingers and dipped in Salsa. ((204cals // 1.8g fat))

TOTAL FOR TODAY:
28.8g fat
1496cals

Got quite a bad belly now, really grumbly and windy!! looking forward to getting properly bk on track tomorrow, gonna be really good and go for it at the gym!

Cals wise, on my "mix-it-up/different-amounts-every-day" i'm gonna try and have:

*Monday - 1200cals
*Tuesday - 1100cals

Then going to increase again on Wed to around 1400cals, Thurs-around 1300cals, Fri-1400cals, Sat-1500cals, Sun-1400cals, Mon-1300/1200cals, Mon is WI....

Watching repeats of Spooks at mo! so bit pre-occupied! lol!

xxxx Lynsey

Morning everyone!

I'm a bit peeved this morning, my friend cant make the gym tonight so i cant go now and was really looking forward to joining (its a long story why i cant go without her,,,but basically its her friend that owns it so was gonna give us a free pass so we wouldnt need to pay £100 membership and £30/month, so if i go without her I'd have to go to the one nearer me and pay full, and i cant afford that, so gonna have to wait for her!)

So I'm a bit peeved, as was all geared up to go! had arranged for my mum to have annabelle and everything....but im gonna do the treadmill and cross trainer instead when OH gets home.

So far I've stuck to the plan of weetabix and skimmed milk and a smoothie for brekkie! feel bloated today so dont really fancy much else!

Am feeling in quite a good mood, apart from the gym-anger, my mum's home from camping and was really complimentary last night and today which was (unusual) and nice!

She said I've def lost loades of weight of my face and my neck (always the first place to go...) and last night she ordered a chinese for everyone and went to put me a plate out and I said no thanks, and made myself a ham sandwich and she said "i'm so proud of you, you're being really determined and its clear to see you're def going to succeed with this" !! so that re-motivated me!!

she also bought me a lovely pair of black trousers back from her week away, they're smart high wasited ones from River and are gorge! wouldnt have chosen them for myself but they ARE lovely, and she got them in a size 16 for me as an "incentive"! so they're hanging in my room now with my "target tops"! hopefully wont be TOO long til I can wear them all!

xxxx

thanks Abz!! it was a big step for me as normally I wouldve thought, "aw shes bought it now, I might as well have some...." but i thought "no way!" instead!

xxxx

Afternoon!

I've stuck to my plan so far....cereal and smoothie for breakfast, same for dinner, gonna have a yummy tea!

No fruit yet today (apart from the smoothies) so will snack on some later.

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows if we can take Xenical and do Slim Fast?? Was thinking of getting some of the meal replacement shakes and snack bars...but wanted to know if it was OK to do this with Xenical?? Anyone know if there's any fat in the shakes?? how many g's??

I thought I'd give it a go for a week and if its not TOO bad, I was gonna alternate between that one week, cal counting "normal" foods the next, just to mix things up a bit. After all, SlimFast IS cal counting isnt it...just helps you stick to it.

SO....ANYONE KNOW IF WE CAN DO TAKE XENICAL AND DO SLIMFAST???

I havent got any here @ mo, so will have a nosey at the nutritional info in Tesco tonight.

xxxx

Back