Im back for good! 2012 is my year to taste success-& it tastes like a cambridge shake

thanks hun that's fab!! its not on their website!!

gonna post a thread on the SF website to see if anyone else is doing it with Xenical.

xxxx

I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't do them together, however I'm wondering why you want to. You by all accounts are eating a low fat, nutritious diet, with plenty of fruit and veg, why would you want to replace one of your meals with a meal replacement bar?
xx

hey hun! i meant to add my "why" to my post to Abz!

The "why" is because I find I'm an "all or nothing" kind of girl, so if I take all temptation out of the way and wake up knowing that I can have this for breakfast, this for lunch, this for tea.... etc then i'll be more focused and stick to it better!!

SO i was gonna do:
*cereal for brekkie with a smoothie
*cereal for dinner with a smoothie
*meal for tea,

snack on fruit etc...

but with that I was worried I'd go too low under on cals and thus not lose any weight / slow my metabolism down, and i was worried about lack of nutrients etc... but SF is meant to be nutritionally complete isnt it? and each shake is at least 215cals, and a balanced amount of fat....so was thinking this is way forward??

I actually like the taste of SF too, and their chocolate bars are to die for!! So I was going to get some tonight, start this tomorrow for a week and then next week eat as Ive already been eating (low fat, cal counting) then week after SF, and alternate.

xxxx

Do you mean replace your smoothy and cereal for SF? If so, then I think you're going to take your calories down too low. I honestly think you're eating a healthy balanced diet, getting your calories and nutrients from fresh healthy food. I would maybe have a SF bar as say a midafternoon snack, but I honestly don't think you need to go down the meal replacement route.
Our bodies don't like it very much when we lose weight, that's why sometimes its damn hard to shift that one pound :rolleyes: but I also think that sometimes if we become to restrictive then we are setting ourselves up for failure and will ultimately sabotage ourselves. I'm NOT saying at all that this is what's going to happen to you, not one bit, but what I am saying is this...be kind to yourself, you're eating a low fat, healthy diet, with plenty of fruit and veg. You exercise regularly. You're doing everything right. I just don't want you putting pressure on yourself.
With all that being said, what ever you decide, you know I'll help and support you all the way :)
Need to get my backside into gear, I've got the dentist in 15 minutes :eek:..catch you later xxxx

i have to say that i agree. sf isn't nutritionally complete in any case. that's why you need to have a meal during the day too.

i think having a sf bar in addition to your cereal and smoothie might be an idea to stop your cals getting too low, but not instead. still. it's up to you :)

abz xx

thanks hunnies, but doesnt 2 shakes, a 600cal meal, and 3 slim fast snacks add upto to around 1400/1500cals now?? So that isnt too low??

I'm gonna do an experiment anyway....thanks for the advice and the encouragement girlies, I WILL bear it in mind, gonna weigh on my dodgy scales in the morning, do this for a week and then WI next Tues morning, then see......i'm not gonna go out and buy loades of SF stuff ne way, just gonna go day-by-day.

xxxx

I have up to 1800 calories a day and I'm losing weight. Some days I'll have around 1500, some days a bit more, and somedays up to 1800. I try never to go below 1500 though, especially on the days I'm at the gym. Go too low and your body will go into starvation mode hun and hang onto every ounce of fat for dear life.

i know hun, but i was told 1200-1500cals for me?? im not very active at all, apart from when i use the treadmill / go to the gym and that's for an hour max, the rest of the time I'm VERY sedentery??

xxxx

p.s Abz it shouldnt be too pricey as all the SF products are on offer at my Tesco at the moment, and gonna look at getting a tin of the shake power (which does about 12 shakes i think??) and then gonna get packs of the snack bars, and my normal fruit, water and nice choices for my 600cal meal so only slightly more than my normal shop.

I don't even know if I'm DEF gonna do this yet, gonna have a look in Tesco and take a nosey at the products and see what I fancy doing. xxxx

p.s Ali you're doing fantastically well! your pics are amazing! you look like a different person in your April 07 pic compared to Aug 09!! FAB! xxxx

*powder not power!! lol! xx

Right, been to Tesco and got my slim fast! gonna try it for a day at least - only thing is I forgot bloody milk!! and I got the powdered version coz it was cheaper! So i might not be able to start it tomorrow coz i KNOW i wont get to the shops before brekkie!!

I bought lots of fruit, flavoured water, mullerlites, healthy ready meals, 2 tins of the powdered slim fast, slim fast chocolate snack bars and lots of veg (frozen and fresh!) So gonna be eating healthily whatever I do!

Today I've had:

2 x bowls of cereal with skimmed milk
2 x smoothies
A seeded bread roll with ham
A slim fast chocolate bar

And

excuse me!! I hadnt finished!

Lol! and for tea I'm having sweet chilli chicken and noodles (Tesco Healthy Options ready meal) with potato wedges in herbs.

Yummy!!

STATS:
Smoothies = 176.40cals // no fat
Cereal: coco pops and skimmed milk
172 cals // 3g fat ((stats off pack for cereal with semi skimmed milk, but i had skimmed, so should be better than this, but count it as this))

Tesco fresh potato wedges in oil and parsley dressing:
Half pack contains:
171 cals//3g fat approx

Sweet chilli chicken with noodles - 445cals // 6.7g

Seeded ham roll - 185cals // 2.1g fat
Slim fast choc bar - 99cals 3.2g fat

Total: Cals:1420.4 cals
Fat: 18g

Going to have tea now! Late I know, but we were AGES in Tesco!

One Tree Hill is on soon! oooooh! lol!

xxxx

hello miss giddy!!

I hate shopping feels like i am in ther ages!! I always leave bambinos at home tho!! Farrrr too stressfull!! lol

I can never stick to the slim fast!! i lurve the strawberry ones tho!! But i am a snack a jack!! Cant stop putting crap into my mouth lol

Ive eaten late tonite too!! But ive been swimming and cant go when ive got a full tummy lol!!

When i it your going to your curves thingy ma jig?

Hope youve had a good day

Luve katie xx

Hey Katie, ooohh you're shopping trip sounds fab! cant wait til the lbs (or stone! lol!) start falling off so I can go shopping for new things! I REFUSE to buy anything new in this size as i dont want any sort of logic to stay this big.... dont know whats happening with Curves yet, im waiting on my friend and when she can go, otherwise I have to pay the £130 so thats a bum!

Hope this weather stays this nice for you for Fri! It's gorge in Wales! Which Butlins are you going to?

Well I've started my day with a Slim fast Meal Bar (chocolate crunch) and I'm a bit worried about doing SF and Xenical, as the meals AND the powder seem to both go over the 5g/100g rule?? but as a WHOLE meal they don't go over 5.9g for the bars and 6g for the shake, so should be ok??

Gonna take it day-by-day and see how I feel after today anyway...i'm going to make sure I still eat plenty of fruit all day and have lots of protein and veg with my main meal!

I actually got the Tesco Healthy Options version of the SF as it was considerably cheaper for the powder, and it says you can have 3 of those a day (as its only 170cals/shake) so I'm going to have:

Breakfast - Slimfast Meal Bar - 206 cals // 5.9g Fat

Dinner - chicken breast with jacket potato and peas -575cals // 5.2g Fat
Unlimited salad (lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, no dressings)

Tea - a strawberry shake

Snacks - Slim fast chocolate bars, apples, satsumas, grapes, mullerlight yogurts, and can have another shake if I want.

I'm going to the beach today with my friend who I havent seen for AGGGGGES so we're going to go for lunch at a nice restaurant/pub on the seafront, so i'm having my main meal as my lunch then a shake for tea, so OH can have something gloriously fattening for tea tonight coz he doesnt have to worry what i'm having!

I SHOULD be feeling annoyed this morning, but it's just made me determined that I'm just going to stick to this and prove everyone wrong!! I was talking to my mum about my diet and my dad just sat there smirking, so I asked why was he laughing and he said "come on Lyns, we've heard all this before, you've been on & off a diet since you were 17 and you've never stuck to it, so why's it going to be any different this time?"

So I said, "its different this time because I've got Annabelle. I dont want to be the "fat mummy" picking her up from school, I want to be the yummy mummy! I want to be able to go to sports day with her and run in the mummy's race, I want to be able to take her swimming and run after a ball with her on the beach.....It's going to work this time because it HAS to, I'm not doing it for vanity this time, I'm doing it for health reasons, and basically if it doesnt work, I'm having WLS."

So there!!!! Lol.

Right, gotta shower, dress Bella, pack Bella's meals and milk and generally just get ready.

xxxx

morning hun!!

Well the parents have done it again!! What is it about them!! My mum is exactly the same!! Sooo fustrating!! well:kissass: lynseys mum and dad!! We belive in her! WE know she can do it!! How dare they say what they did!! I know u r going to prove them wrong!! Thats made me sooo mad! Youve already got a lot to battle against and their demotivating comments do not help!! Sending u a big hug your way!!! But it is good to hear you so motivated as i would really have taken it to heart! Little sensitive old me ha

well im going to skegness one as its closest to sheffield. It takes an hour n a half to get there. My fella used to be a straping life guard:drool: at minehead butlins many moons ago!!! hehe

Hope you have a fab time at the beach! nI wish i live near a beach:(! I would love to go there as soon as mr sunshine comes out lol

Its lovely and sunny here but im stuck in all day doing the washing and ironing ready t pack. i am trying to be organised but it just aint happening lol

Good luck with the sf and have a lovely day! luv katie xxx

aw thanks hunni! just gotta prove them wrong now! its not like my dad's skinny either! far from it! but if i respond with anything like that he just says "but i'm not in my 20's either!" so i dont bother ne more!

NOT GOING TO LET IT GET ME DOWN!! This time next year, and for every year after that, they'll be eating their words!!

oooh a lifeguard! yummy! i've been to Minehead Butlins (quite close to South Wales) but not Skegness! Let me know what its like! Bet you;ll have a fab time!

Right better log off, going out for lunch and my friends gonna be here any minute now!

xxxx

hey guys, just a quick one coz im shattered,

didnt have food out, had a picnic at St Fagans instead, so I stuck to my slim fast bar, a SF choc bar and an apple.

Was STARVING when I got home, so had Healthy Living lasagne (400cals) and Uncle Ben's Savoury chicken micro rice (185cals)

Also had a mullerlite yogurt, a pack of quavers and another SF bar!

So first day in and one snack over plan! Not too bad!

Not sure if SF is for me! shouldve listened to all you girlies! I was starving!! and will prob end up eating MORE cals by eating the SF stuff, still feeling hungry and then eating proper food too!

Gonna decide how i feel tomorrow, i still like the idea of having the products in the house for when im not feeling too hungry, dont know what to have .......its an easy-to-grab option, especially when im bk in work/school and dont have time to stop for dinner, i can just sip on a shake..........

Going to bed now before I eat anymore! lol!

xxxx

Back