I'm overweight

Beccubug

Silver Member
I have had the last pesky pound hanging around for four days but finally the little blighter dissapeared this morning (shame he didn't take any friends with him) nevertheless I now have a BMI of 29.86 and am no longer obese. Yeay. And my trousers are falling down. double yeay.

Well done Beccubug!! You've done so well with your weight loss.

Hopefully in about 2 weeks I'll be joining you in the overweight catagory! Just before I started Cambridge, my BMI actually went off the scale on my iphone app.

Dieting guy

Beccubug that's fantastic, well done you. Keep motivated, you're doing great. What's your next target/mini goal?

:clap:

C x

That's my favourite threshold of the whole diet process - where you get to whoop that you're overweight! Congratulations - hope to join you in 12 pesky pounds time!

Beccubug that's fantastic, well done you. Keep motivated, you're doing great. What's your next target/mini goal?

:clap:

C x

Hi Clazzac, thanks for the words of motivation. I sometimes need them. I think my next mini goal is to get to 12 stone. I am trying to make them small so they don't seem ages away. Better than saying I have another 2 and a half stone to go. What kind of mini targets are you going for?

Well done Beccubug!! You've done so well with your weight loss.

Hopefully in about 2 weeks I'll be joining you in the overweight catagory! Just before I started Cambridge, my BMI actually went off the scale on my iphone app.

Dieting guy

Thanks Dietingguy,

Yes come and join me on the light side (did you see what I did there). Thats amazing you must feel so different. What are you aiming for? I started at class II obese. It's so nice to get that word disassociated from myself.

That's my favourite threshold of the whole diet process - where you get to whoop that you're overweight! Congratulations - hope to join you in 12 pesky pounds time!

Yeay, lets start an overweight club. I'm sure skinny people would find this kind of celebration very strange he he. You will be there in no time by the look of how well you have done.:happy096::happy096:

I laughed when I heard the idea of being overweight but it'll be great not to be another statistic!!

BMI was 38, now it's 32 (new lightest weight of 17st 1lb) this morning!! Though another stone to go to be overweight...thought I was closer!! Lol

dietingguy said:
I laughed when I heard the idea of being overweight but it'll be great not to be another statistic!!

BMI was 38, now it's 32 (new lightest weight of 17st 1lb) this morning!! Though another stone to go to be overweight...thought I was closer!! Lol

That should only take you a couple of weeks right?

dietingguy said:
Beccubug the thought of being in the Overweight club made me go for a 5km run and loved it...cheers!!!

Well done. The club is already beneficial. We could introduce an initiation task of a 10k run if you like. Some more motivation

Thanks for your encouraging comments people.

What I love a well as seeing the lb's coming down, is that those 12lbs took my BMI down from 36.6 to 34.1!

I'm really motivated at the moment and my next mini goal is tricky. I had my first official weigh-in on day 10 of SS and I had lost 17lb :eek: :D:D:D:D which took me to dead on 16st, my next mini goal would have been get into 15s, but I feel that's too easy :D so I think it's going to be to lose 2st.

Really looking forward to being in the "overweight" club - or should it be the "merely overweight" club?

Can I do a virtual 10k. - I can't exercise at the moment due to a serious back injury :sigh:, but am looking forward to the boost I will get when I can start again.

C x

Clazzac said:
Thanks for your encouraging comments people.

What I love a well as seeing the lb's coming down, is that those 12lbs took my BMI down from 36.6 to 34.1!

I'm really motivated at the moment and my next mini goal is tricky. I had my first official weigh-in on day 10 of SS and I had lost 17lb :eek: :D:D:D:D which took me to dead on 16st, my next mini goal would have been get into 15s, but I feel that's too easy :D so I think it's going to be to lose 2st.

Really looking forward to being in the "overweight" club - or should it be the "merely overweight" club?

Can I do a virtual 10k. - I can't exercise at the moment due to a serious back injury :sigh:, but am looking forward to the boost I will get when I can start again.

C x

That is a big jump isn't it. So nice to see. You will be joining us in no time.

That is an amazing loss. Well done. I lost that in my first month. You must be so pleased. That's a good mini goal and at the rate you are going will come around in no time.

I think you are right, the "merely overweight club it is.

Virtual is fine. Your initiation can be whatever makes you most motivated to get there.

My wonderful little pound that put me into the merely overweight club is the only pesky one I lost this week. The curse of the first week. Oh well here is to another one.

Thanks Beccubug, I'm looking forward to my initiation.

I'm sure next week you'll catch up on those losses, so stay strong!

C x

Clazzac said:
Thanks Beccubug, I'm looking forward to my initiation.

I'm sure next week you'll catch up on those losses, so stay strong!

C x

You will be here in no time at all.

Thanks. This is the first time I've done the diet that I'm not actually bothered by small losses. Really looking forward to being under 12 stone though. 6 pounds to go.

What is your ultimate goal?

Well, my CD target is 11st 7, but that will only just take me to a healthy BMI. At college (many, many moons ago), I was around 9st 7, but I think I might look a bit gaunt now if I were that weight.

I lost just over 3st around 4 years ago (and since put it all back on) doing WW and literally exercising my a**e off. At my lowest then, I weighed 13st 11 and some friends were telling me not to lose any more. So, to conclude, I think I'll just have to take it as it comes, see how those mini goals go and follow the advice of my CDC and my GP.

What about you?

C x

That's interesting what you friend said Clazzac, my friends have told me to stop losing weight too. Not my family or girlfriend but friends in work. But even though I'm still 17 stone people have said I'm 'fading away'!!! I find this quite ironic!

Though I see people who have lost lots of weight and think they look gaunt, but I wonder is it just because I have an image in my mind of what they have looked like for so long...

Been thinking about this quite a bit when trying to figure my target weight

Back