Imitt -

That's the ketosis. It will eventually clear up but initially you can feel that for first 10 days or so, I know I did. 3litresvif fine though I know my drink more but really it isn't necessary and it can be dangerous. I'd stick to what CWP recommend. Another day drawing to a close for you! 4 months is plenty of time to shed a good amount of weight. If your sticking to plan over Christmas even better you get 12 full weeks of cd before a break. Look at tht 12 weeks in chunks of 4 weeks x 3. It makes it easier to keep going.

Woe is me, I'm having a really bad day. Nothing has happened but I didn't sleep much and I feel really teary and emotional. Yesterday evening was my first real battle with myself about wanting some food and its getting harder for me as the days progress.
The tickets for Cyprus are booked and since I pressed the 'confirm' button I've been feeling anxious and worried, what if i don't fit in the seat? even if i lose 4 stone i'm still going to be 20stone

Its going to be a bad work day too, I can feel it.

Well, here's another way to look at it.

Whatever happens, so whether you eat or not...the trip to Cyprus will come round. So, it'll come round whether you're 24 stone or 20 stone. And you have a MUCH higher chance of fitting in the seat at 20 stone don't you? < By the way - you'll fit in the seat! >

I had a lot of tricky days on CD. A lot of days when I wanted to eat. I sometimes used to line up chocolate bars in my kitchen and gaze at their chocolatey bodies :D It IS hard mentally... but what can you do? You've made the commitment now. If you eat something, you'll hate yourself and have the guilt to cope with afterwards along with the possible weight gain. Just try and accept that this diet is the tough option and you're tough enough aren't you?

Every day you stick to it is a day that you've improved your health. Worrying about the Cyprus thing is a form of self sabotage. You need to channel everything into getting through these first few weeks on CD, try not to stress about an event in the future.

Oh and look at your username..... DO you mean it this time?

Ride the storm. Today is a tough day but just think how good you'll feel when you get into bed tonight and you've DONE IT

I echo what GG has said. You may well have a few more not of not sleeping and feeling restless but these feelings will pass. I promise you. I experienced poor sleep in September when I re-started, restlessness, tearfulness ...you are not alone. But this will pass. What won't change is how you feel about your weight. It is not forever. Remind yourself of that when you are struggling. Don't give up now.

thanks guys i no your right, just need to get through today and I've just had a run in with 2 delightful teenage girls taking the wotsit out of me knowing full well I could hear them. Feel like crawling under my desk and hiding. There are major downsides to working with teenagers

Any weight you'll lose for your trip is weight that's gone and you don't have to carry that around on your holiday any more. Just think of how you want to enjoy your holiday; at the same weight or perhaps heavier, or weighing less?
I'm rooting for you!

ow and let teenagers say what they want, I'd like to see them in a few years when they are around our age ;)

I'd challenge aforementioned teenage girls - I have a 14 year old and she would NEVER be rude to anyone. Just say ' shut it gobby ' and then ignore, ignore , ignore.

Morning all,
So last night I had my first binge since being on Cambridge, I've been binge eating for 15yrs so I know its not going to vanish overnight. I am feeling a little positive about it though the reason being that although I say 'binged' it really wasn't as such, I did eat more than I should but I stuck to cambridge foods and waited between each time I ate and still ate slowly.I had some scrambled eggs, chicken and cucumber the only thing i had that wasn't allowed was some wafer thin ham and if thats as bad as it gets i'm fine with that. I'm proud that I didn't devour the 9 bags of Doritos still in my kitchen (I have eaten that many in a sitting before) I'm glad I managed to walk around tesco and only pick up the ham and cucumber
I'm still feeling really low and run down but hopfully weigh in will cheer me up (bet thats a statement not often heard)

Happy Wednesday

Well done Imitt - I read this with understanding, I don't class myself as a binger - more of a cupboard clearer - however if I were to be in Tesco at the time I could even have been classed as an aisle clearer! Thats why the VLCD work for me as I cannot stand the temptation of food whilst dieting. You are so strong and doing the right things!
Stick with it and you will see results - think of your binge like a stumble.....it prevented you from having a major fall!

Imitt you are going to succeed at this because you are already making efforts to change your mindset to what you eat and food. You'll have heard that saying "fail to prepare then prepare to fail". The same applies to weight loss whichever diet or method one uses. You mentally knew the foods were CD compliant (ok maybe not the ham but hey! It wasn't carbs! It wasn't a bag of Dorritos! So in one respect it wasn't a binge. Don't get me wrong I a not advocating short cuts to a vlcd but if the odd day you need the chicken, salad, wafers of ham have them if they prevent a full blown binge of crisps, pizza, cheese, bread, chocolate cake etc etc. Keep working on the mindset. It wasn't a binge you chose to have those foods and they were good choices. Don't start afresh keep counting the day from the day you started. That way you will not get into the vicious cycle, many of us get into on our weightloss journey's, myself included in the past. Have a good positive 100% day today.

Well done on your choices Imitt - you "binged" on protein and veg - when have you ever done that? Bet before, like many of us, your binges were more about Doritos, pizza, chocolate... basically carbs, salt, sugar and fat. Even the ham wasn't bad.

As Kira says, you are making mindful choices. Get back on CD, drink the water, but dont' beat yourself up about eating a few extra calories that will not knock you out of ketosis. Just be careful about thinking you can keep "binging" in this way - while the choices aren't bad, if you continue, the losses will slow down.

Onwards! And of course, downwards!

Aww thank you, the more I think about the less i'm bothered about it, I'm back on track today and its going to be a good day OR ELSE! :D

I suppose it wasn't really like a binge, usually I eat and eat and eat without thinking or caring and I eat really really fast but I ate of a side plate and took my time and had a glass of water between each time i went to the fridge. Its that time of the month so maybe I was just hungry.

I lost 4lbs but to be honest I was hoping for more with it being my first full week even my cdc was a little surprised. 4lbs is great but for someone my size it should be falling off. But I am a little constipated and its that time of the month so she's convinced its that and will have a big lose next weigh in, I hope so. I'm trying not to feel upset/annoyed/disappointed but I am a little.

Refresh my memory - are you sole sourcing ?

4lbs is a decent loss - but if you're not SSing and eating it can become tricky because you have to be brutally honest with yourself about how much food you're eating

That's still a very good loss. And if it is time of the month and you are constipated it will affect the weight. I understand your disappointment do not let that disappointment turn you to food to comfort yourself. It will not give you the comfort you seek. What will is losing weight and that means you must continue to stick to plan to see the results. The extra food you had last night will not have affected it. Keep going Imitt getting a second week under your belt will get into the zone and the weight will come off. You know that, your brain is trying to trick you into eating.

Ok i'm over my little hissy fit, i've not let it rattle me and 10lbs is a huge amount, I didn't realise how heavy it was really but I just held 9lbs of kettlebell and its quite heaving.
I'm still on track, just tucking into my first bar, a peanut crunch to be honest its not as nice as i'd hoped in fact the more i eat it the less i like it.
My next weigh day is monday as I prefer weighing in right after the weekend

That's still a very good loss. And if it is time of the month and you are constipated it will affect the weight. I understand your disappointment do not let that disappointment turn you to food to comfort yourself. It will not give you the comfort you seek. What will is losing weight and that means you must continue to stick to plan to see the results. The extra food you had last night will not have affected it. Keep going Imitt getting a second week under your belt will get into the zone and the weight will come off. You know that, your brain is trying to trick you into eating.

I'm stuck to it like glue :D

Back