Imitt -

You will be pleased to here my sulk is really over (almost) Mainly because if I can lose 4lbs a week until my holiday thats over 5 stone. I no that I won't lose that much every week but it would be nice.
I'm am going to cut my food down to maybe every other day and see if I can manage SSing because yesterday I didn't have my 3rd shake because I'm not hungry and didn't really think about it. So think its more important to have the shakes than the a bit of chicken and cucumber.

(this is what i'm telling myself) I'm not giving up because I have no reason too, 10lbs is a lot of weight and I've come too far to give up now, the hardest part is done! Another 10lbs in 2 weeks is almost a stone and a half in a month. I can do this, In the last 2 years I have never been on a diet (without cheating) for more than a week and I struggled with the week. I'm not struggling its easy, I've got a lovely supportive group of people that are egging me on and if I stick with it then its physically impossible for me not to lose weight/and or inches.

If I can lose a lot weight I could be a mummy by next year :D

That's the spirit! You know even if you lost around 2pounds a week from now and until March/Feb you would still lose around 2 stones. So whichever way you look at it, if you choose a diet plan or even reduce the amount you are eating you will lose weight. If we make the changes using whichever method we will lose weight. WE simply have to want to do it and continue the work thereafter. Keep going!

Kira's rights - if its coming off then its not going on - think about where you would be in 12 months time if you didn't diet - would you be heavier and happier or heavier and more miserable? My bet is heavier and more miserable!
I once used a weight loss predictor website that predicted that if I lost weight i could be rid of it in 6 months time, but if I did nothing I would be 5lbs heavier by the end of the year - blow that I thought I could be 5lbs heavier by the end of the hour :p so procrastinate no more go in the right direction even if its 1lb a week thats 52 lbs a year and thats a lot of weight to shift.
x

Well this time last year I gave on Cambridge and I've gained 2 stone in the last year so I dread to think where i'd be in a year without dieting.
Today is going well, I've not had my meal today but had my 3 shakes, if I feel hungry later I'll have some cucumber but i'm going to try not to. I've defiantly got water retention going on my wedding ring is a wee bit tight and its usually lose, even before Cambridge. I've never really noticed it before, anyway to get rid of it before next weigh in?

Wow Imitt I just noticed you stats and it shows start weight as 24st you have broken the barrier into 23's!! And in even a couple of day's if not already you will be closer to 23 than to 24! It's amazing we simply don't see this as we allow the weight to creep on isn't it? You're doing fab and planning with having the cucumber is you waver is great. That kind of planning really got me through. Some days I will simply look at the clock and will myself to hold off until X o'clock and it worked and I didn't collapse with hunger!

You'll be 22 stone something next week if you stick with it.

Hmm, water retention. Difficult for me to advise on that as I don't suffer from it. This didn't stop me taking a few water balance tablets for a week to try and knock off a few lbs however! You're not supposed to on CD but it didn't cause me any side effects. However, official advice is not to.

Just keep with the programme , DON'T fall off the wagon, even if the voice in your head is very strong. You're stronger!

Think re: the water retention i'll just see how it goes this month and then I'll no for next time when ever it decides to rear its ugly head. ooo 22 stone something that would be nice, 10 stone something would be even nicer :rotflmao: a girl can dream!
I've been looking at luggage to distract myself from my rumbling tummy, I don't feel hungry its just being loud. I found this
$(KGrHqR,!k4E2D8G8L2PBNsMrm(NEQ~~_3.JPG
but its from america and it cost more in postage then my actual holiday and it comes in pink!

It is one of thoooooooose days today, I'm the only one in and people keep asking me questions I don't no how to answer, to be fair though everyone is lovely and don't mind but I feel like a dunce. SS'ing is going fine didn't feel the need for food yesterday. I do feel like every day is going really slow because I just want it to be my next weigh day, I'm not sure if thats about the diet or seeing my mum. I have a question for the experts my mum doesn't no i'm dieting do you think if I stuck religiosly to ss there would be a noticable difference in how I actually look? I no at my size it takes a lot of weight off to be noticable and having never lost any before i have no idea what I look like smaller because when I was smaller I always thought I was too big.
I'm thinking of treating myself to an organiser as filofax have 20% off at the moment, try and organise my whole life as i'm making this big change with myself there are a few other things i'd like to change about myself like my housework abilities (I have none and do little) some of it is at my weight and some of it is because i'm lazy, I'd like to be more organised, i'd like to be a better wife. Think organisation is the key this weekend i'm going to attempt to rearrange the furniture but it envolves doing every room so I can sort out living room out and then operation 'make a housewife out of nicki begins'
I'm going to set myself little tasks everyday to do, the only thing i'm going to avoid is washing up as I can't stand for that long and its husbands mess :D I'm also going to buy my little puppy a coat and start taking him out for walks, he doesn't like rain because he acts like a sponge, if it rains he just lays down and will not move, even if we're already out, you either have to drag him or carry him, its really embarrassing! Apparently a little walking helps with water retention so i'll give it a go.
I'll let you no how it goes.

I think this si a fantastic idea Imitt. I am a housework demon and can tell you with absolute conviction that if you sit in a clean and tidy house you feel in control of your life. Seriously. When you walk into your kitchen and it's sparkling and clutter free you just feel better. I do stuff as I go along as a rule.. so maybe an hour a day when all added up. I hoover every day and clean and polish every day but I kind of do it around the kids and in bursts of 15 minutes. I keep on top of everything so that I never have to feel overwhelmed

Here are my tips...

POLISH YOUR SINK AND DRAINING BOARD. Takes 5 minutes and looks loads better

Get a roll of bin bags and just throw loads of clutter into them. If you haven't used it. looked at it or picked it up in 6 months - chuck it.

Hoover.

Take a room at a time. Concentrate on making that room look amazing before moving on to the next.

And yes, you can stand for longer than you think... push yourself.

Imitt that is a fab idea and it will keep you distracted from thinking of SSing and losing weight. You will find you become obsessed with CD and losing and it takes a good few weeks and busy days to not think about it. I still am constantly thinking about losses and going down dress sizes fitting into my clothes etc. We just have to accept that. But Filofax will help as you can jot everything you are thinking feeling planning down to see. I love writing on new paper/journals! I'd love a Symthson or Aspinall notebook for a journal. Re the weightloss when you see your mum, I think if you lose 3 to 4 stones the weightloss will be noticeable especially from you face as there likely to be where you lose it from first like most people. The bloated look we get on our faces when overweight comes of first in my opinion.

This post comes with a warning - its going to be a rant.

I don't no what possessed me but I was looking at my old slimming world books (I have 12 from repeatedly joining and quitting) and I have realised that I have lost less in 2 weeks doing cambridge then I always do on slimming world when I was 2/3 stone lighter. How is that fair? by rights the weight should be falling off me and its not, when I was last weighed I compared her scales to mine and mine say I've lost a 1lb- one measely pound from having 435 calories a day.
I don't want to quit, I don't feel the need to eat at the moment but I am angry at the scales for not rewarding the amount of effort I have put in. I no 3 weeks doesn't seem a long time but I haven't stuck to a diet in this long for a year or more. My head is in the right place but I'm not sure that this is the right diet anymore.

I need some GG and Kira logic, make me feel less crap about it.

"I haven't stuck to a diet for this long..." Whichever diet plan you do you have to stick to the diet. On a vlcd you are in ketosis and therefore burning more fat. In my opinion, the only reason you may have lost a little more on Slimming World is because you reduced your normal calorie intake. Ok you could argue "well I'm reducing my calorie intake significantly on this vlcd and my losses are still less than on SW". However, on SW if you had continued the maximum pounds you are likely to lose on that plan after the initial couple of weeks is around 2 pounds. I know this because I tried WW in 2009 and the first two weeks I lost 4lb the first week and 3lb the second. I remember thinking wow! Why didn't I do this before, I can eat real food and lose weight. Yes of course I could have but the point is was I mentally really ready to have real food and be strong enough to keep to reduced calories/food? No I wasn't hence two years or so spent on and off dieting. I also think and I say this with kindness and not criticism you have a significant amount to lose to reach a healthy BMI for your height and perhaps the quick/faster result of a vlcd for even two or three weeks longer will kick you the boost to then perhaps try SW or WW type plan? What you are going through is feeling "deprived" mode. I felt exactly the same but without mental preparation you are unlikely to succeed on any plan. Keep going and you will lose on this plan. x

You're right I no you are, I'm just so frustrated hopefully mondays weigh in will cheer me up. But right this moment I feel like crying my husband is sat across the room eating his take away, knowing that i'm struggling he still has a freaking takeaway. He asked if it was okay knowing that I would never say no, I'm mad at him for making me give him permission, for even considering it when i'm struggle and then for offering to get me a mcdonalds that took all of my strength to decline, I am actually going to cry.

Oh! Imitt this feeling will last for a short time that wave of hunger you feel you are having isn't probably hunger it is what our brain is used to us doing. Feeding those emotions. You must ask your husband NOT offer you any food especially fast food/takeaways etc Best he says nothing reassures you the work you have been into date is not worth undoing. It really isn't. vlcd isn't easy it is hard but so is being fat.. I'm sorry I am not going to say overweight because it is a softly softly approach and I am not meaning to be unkind but stating a fact. I am fortunate in that I have a 9 year old son who is honest but with complete innocence and just states facts. Don't undo your hard work and hang in until Monday. One more day. I am sure the scale on Monday will give you a good result. If you cave in now the scale is likely to show a gain of a good few pounds and you will then be down and start the vicious cycle of depression and eating to comfort yourself again. I know I have been there and I am not judging you or being critical. I am trying to point out things I wish had been pointed out to me. The support here has been fantastic over the years but GG really been the one that has been key in helping me focus to keep losing and change my lifestyle to keep the weight off. Her frank posts just really help.

Next time he asks if you're ok as he sits there stuffing his face with a takeaway knowing that you're dangerously overweight and are desperately trying to turn this around, say ' no , I'm not ok with you eating that opposite me, please go and do it in the kitchen / your car / the garage. Cheers! '

And then ignore him.

I'll be back tomorrow - been busy this weekend : )

Morning,
I'd like to come and tell you i'm feeling better and back in the game but I'm not, what I can tell you I am still 100% just. I'm going to see what the scales say tomorrow and then make a decision. I feel like i've lost whatever mojo i've had for the last 3 weeks but i'm not sure if its the cambridge mojo or the diet mojo.

Nicki, whatever the scales say tomorrow, please don't give up. Your mojo is always going to come and go. But your life isn't. That sounds really harsh, but bear with me. I spent nearly a decade being morbidly obese. That's ten years of my life I can never get back - the ten years that my son was small. Now, I'm not exactly on plan myself at the moment, but I'm not going to stop trying. Because if you have more successful days than bad days, the weight will come off. And you know what? Food will still be there at the end of the diet. You'll still be able to have all of the things you're craving at some point - maybe smaller portions of them - but you'll be able to have them.

You've got a great reason to get on with this - for that trip to Cyprus to see your Mum. And Cambridge doesn't have to be hard. It's a mindset. You treat it like medicine to get you thin. Don't let yourself feel like you're being deprived - because every day that you stay overweight, you're depriving yourself of life. What's actually more important - that you eat what you want when you want, or that you actually have a healthy body so that you can live life to the full?

You can do this. Don't try to think too far ahead, don't focus on anything other than one day at a time. Your only task is to stick to the plan - get that bit right and everything will follow.

Hugs

:hug99:

Last edited:
If you can do 3 weeks on cd you can do 3 months to but you have to want to do it. All I can add is you are not alone you have the support here.

Back