Incentives

twinkleboi

Happy Gay YouTube Star!
Have you set yourselves any rewards for when you reach certain goals?

I have an outfit that I want to fit in to - I bought the jeans, shirt and accessories all as an incentive/goal!

Also for every lb I lose per week I am putting £10 in to a savings account, so if I lose 3lb that £30 saved!

What about you girls/guys?

Toby x

P.S. Yay - I have an avatar now too! :D

Oooh that sounds good! I have a pair of Jeans which was my fave pair could never through them away so kept them for when i can fit back into :)

Great minds Twinkleboi!

For every 1lb I have lost I have put £5 in a jar towards a new wardrobe once I get to my target/happy weight!

Which reminds me... that'll be a tenner to go in this evening! :D

Well done you!! *applauds*

These jeans I have are so amazing looking, I will get round to posting a photo of them - they will look great when I can fit into them!

I keep being told off at work, as a lot of what I am currently wearing for work is getting way too big! Dug out some old clothes I had kept, knowing I was going to join SW once OH was home from the military and we could both join together.

So, walked into work this morning, went out into our main office and got well and truly mugged by a couple of people about how slim I was looking (I'm still a size 14), so how chuffed was I?!

The size 14 cropped suit I was wearing (cropped pinstripe trousers and cropped jacket) I have not worn for at least 12 months and within the space of a week have gone from a tad too tight to quite loose (and I only lost 2lbs tonight, how does that work eh?!).

So am feeling uber fab this evening, even with OH being away with work *hides her sneaky bottle of celebratory wine*... celebratory as in 2lbs off and Cluv 10 award as opposed to OH being away!

And though I couldn't see over the last couple of weeks where the weight had gone from, once people pointed it out, they've got a point... my tummy is way less than it used to be... hurrah!

Well, I bought an Iphone 4 as reward for starting the journey. I recently bought an Ipad 2 as reward for getting to target.

As they say, an Apple a day... that company must love me;)

Hubby got me a Pandora bracelet and I get a charm for each award (or shiny sticker as I call them) :)

Need a nice BIG award for target but as I haven't even picked a target yet I have time to think of one :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have a pandora bracelet too and buy a charm everytime I get a sticker, in the colour of that sticker, so my bracelet will be a rainbow once i've finished!

But it's too big now! I can get the bracelet over my hand... even now it's got charms on it!!

So when I reach target i'm going to buy myself a new, smaller bracelet!

xx

Hubby got me a Pandora bracelet and I get a charm for each award (or shiny sticker as I call them) :)

Need a nice BIG award for target but as I haven't even picked a target yet I have time to think of one :)

Thats what i was thinking of doing.Must get my hubby to get me a bracelet for my birthday this month :D

I have a pair of bench jeans that i am determined to get into!

Great thread, i already have a wardrobe full of "this will look great when i loose weight clothes" some of which looking at them i realise they will never look great on me no matter my size! but hey they are in the wardrobe for a reason and one day i really will fit into them!

Im so looking forward to the day when i can walk into a normal highstreet shop to buy a pair of jeans with out the "fatty alarms" going off the second i walk through the door.

Love the idea of putting some cash into a savings account for each lb lost. something i think i will start.

Once i have lost all the weight and hopefully by my 30th i am doing a Sky Dive!

begghead said:
Great thread, i already have a wardrobe full of "this will look great when i loose weight clothes" some of which looking at them i realise they will never look great on me no matter my size! but hey they are in the wardrobe for a reason and one day i really will fit into them!

Im so looking forward to the day when i can walk into a normal highstreet shop to buy a pair of jeans with out the "fatty alarms" going off the second i walk through the door.

Love the idea of putting some cash into a savings account for each lb lost. something i think i will start.

Once i have lost all the weight and hopefully by my 30th i am doing a Sky Dive!

Fatty Alarms!

I know what you mean though, i want to go in to a changing room without feeling like crying when I leave it! Haha!

Some of the guys from my work are doing a sky dive and I'm currently over the weight limit but I would love to do one!

The cash for pounds thing makes me want to lose weight more so I can buy a new gadget :)

Stackhead said:
I have a pandora bracelet too and buy a charm everytime I get a sticker, in the colour of that sticker, so my bracelet will be a rainbow once i've finished!

But it's too big now! I can get the bracelet over my hand... even now it's got charms on it!!

So when I reach target i'm going to buy myself a new, smaller bracelet!

xx

Mine's a bit big now too so I'll do the same when nearer target

SlimmerGirl said:
Thats what i was thinking of doing.Must get my hubby to get me a bracelet for my birthday this month :D

A must for all Lisa's ;-)

Fatty Alarms!

I know what you mean though, i want to go in to a changing room without feeling like crying when I leave it! Haha!

Some of the guys from my work are doing a sky dive and I'm currently over the weight limit but I would love to do one!

The cash for pounds thing makes me want to lose weight more so I can buy a new gadget :)

Oh i learnt a while ago the dangers of changing rooms, bound to end in tears either in there or once you get home!

Im well over the weight limit need to loose 9 stone! a hell of a lot but achievable and im determined.

Oooo any particular type of gadget?

Last edited:
My partner buys me a bead for my chamilla bracelet every 2 stone (I can't really afford one for every half st esp as I started with 8st to 8st and half to loose that would be about 16 beads way too expensive!-I'm hitting each award on average once a month)
But I don't know yet what I want for heading target as it's still a while away but something good a new wardrobe and maybe a celebration of some kind.

Ipad goes nice with your iphone;)

Got a skirt that`s about 2 sizes small at the moment. Would love to get into it. Can`t afford to save and pay for classes :(
What I plan to do is save my class money when I get to target (when you don`t have to pay)!!

Got about 1.5 stone to go. Hope to do it by the end of the year!! :D

I'm hoping to be at target by Halloween. My incentive is my fancy dress outfit. I'm going as Alice, specifically the Alice from the game madness returns. It's a very shirt dress so need to be at target to pull it off!!

Back