Interesting info about nutrition on S&S

AnnieAnnie

Gold Member
Was looking around at the products earlier & noticed that some of them contain only 19% rda of certain vitamins. Was planning on 4 packs & no veg so wouldn't be making up the necessary vitamins. Emailed them & the guy responded really quickly!

He said they were manufactured to French standards not UK but they were hoping to use a UK company soon. He advised using a wide range of products to make sure you get more vitamins as they all have different amounts in (unlike, say, Cambridge each of which have 33% of your rda). You might also want to have salad & veg & a vitamin tablet.

I don't want to have veg so tempted to stay with Cambridge.

Decisions, decisions!

AA

Hi Annie,
I do four packs a day and take a multivitamin. I'm on week three and feel fine with it. But you should follow whatever plan you feel is right for you :). Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

I've been doing this for 26 weeks and have never felt healthier but only you can choose what is right for you personally. I do have the veg - I love having it.

I love veg & have been craving it since day 1. It's just that I have huge food issues so the abstinence is what I need. Although the chilli on S & S is so tempting :)

Well abstinence doesn't teach you that much really I think. It proves that you can abstain from food for a while, but nothing else to be honest (I've done complete abstinence when I did LT a few years ago and did 4 months on nothing but chocolate shakes). I like the fact that having the veg with the S&S meal feels like you are eating normally, learning about portion control, and learning to enjoy healthier options rather than carb and fat laden meals. I'm sure that eating the meal and veg teaches me lots more about food and choices than my lunchtime chocolate meal replacement bar to be honest. Eating chocolate bars is not abstinence in my opinion it's eating something that for most of us is viewed as a treat and (for me) a trigger food.

I did Cambridge a few years ago & did months on just choc shakes too. I agree about it teaching you more, I just can't control my binge eating recently so need to take a step back & get some confidence so I'm ready to start food. I don't have a sweet tooth at all so chocolate is an ordeal for me.

Can anyone tell me the average calorie and carbs count in say a strawb shake please? About to convert over to s&s from AAW :)

Well abstinence doesn't teach you that much really I think. It proves that you can abstain from food for a while, but nothing else to be honest (I've done complete abstinence when I did LT a few years ago and did 4 months on nothing but chocolate shakes). I like the fact that having the veg with the S&S meal feels like you are eating normally, learning about portion control, and learning to enjoy healthier options rather than carb and fat laden meals. I'm sure that eating the meal and veg teaches me lots more about food and choices than my lunchtime chocolate meal replacement bar to be honest. Eating chocolate bars is not abstinence in my opinion it's eating something that for most of us is viewed as a treat and (for me) a trigger food.

i totally agree with BG, im learning so much but the meal i eat and even my blip the other night,
i also agree this is so easy s i get my sweety fix twice a day with choc or lemon bar as well as my choc crisoy shake xx

i will never give them up :)

even at my goal i shall continue mon-fri to stay with those and then add a bigger healthy meal in at night and then enjoy the weekends :)

thats my plan at the mo anyways x

lets face it , do you think you got all your vits and minerals before you started slim and save , i know i probably didnt

I have 4 different packs per day plus a variety of veg

ie i wouldnt have 200g of mushrooms , but 200g made up of 5 or 6 different veg

if in doubt take a supplement too , its not going to push you into any dangerous levels

I agree with phoenix...I ate so much crap before starting vlcd I know I wasnt getting all the vits & mins recommended, infact I'm getting more doing s&s.

The only thing to watch with taking a vitamin pill in addition is the level of vitamin A - too much vitamin A isn't a huge amount more than the right amount of vitamin A.

Maybe that's true Weasey but the vitamin market is huge and there are millions of people taking supplements daily who are probably getting their full daily quota of vitamins already through their daily diet. We don't hear about huge numbers of these people getting terribly sick through taking vitamin pills or it would be all over the press so I suspect that problems relating to having too many vitamins are quite rare.

And I'm with Phoenix - I'm sure my diet before was made up of rubbish. Lots of carbs and alcohol in my case. I'm sure this is healthier. Pre diet my blood pressure was on the borderline re needing to take medication to lower it, and I was 'at risk' of type 2 diabetes in later life according to my doctor after I had a blood sugar test. My blood pressure is completely normal now and although I haven't had another blood sugar test I'm sure that I'm much improved in that department too. Being 6 stone overweight is a lot more unhealthy than following S&S IMO.

I agree that it's way more healthy than what I ate before. It's just that I'm on Cambridge now so didn't want to risk feeling worse or getting cravings.

I agree BordersGirl - probably a lot more healthy nutrition wise. Just wanted people to be aware that there might be a vitamin A issue so that they can decide for themselves - or chose vitamins without much A.

I'll bear that in mind (pun intended :)) if I ever go to the Arctic. Actually I think if you got too close to a Polar Bear it would be more than just its liver that you would have to be worried about killing you!

Happy not to find out!

Back