Internet dating sites

Caroline_Louise said:
How have i only just found this thread?! Yoga i have my 1st ever internet date this sunday and I am bricking it, but hearing about ur 2 lovely dates with the second chap has made me feel betted!

At the grand old age of 26 I am deeply distrustful of men after some hideous experiences but I would so love to turn that around as I would so love to get married, and before my boobs are in my shoes!
I chat to my date guy in some form every day i think its been about 2 wks now, and even when i was on hol he rang me and I can't honestly fault him. We were skyping last night and i was laughing like an absolute loon!
He is not nervous about our date but seems generally more comfortble in his own skin than me which i find v attractive! Here's hoping we get on as well in the flesh and he doesn't see me then run away!

Apologies for ramble, was jst excited fo find another few of us iwhi have/are internet dating!! I shall be uodate everyone after sunday, eeek! Xx

Hi

It sounds to me like you will be at least friendly and should have a good time. But in my (very limited!) experience you really don't know if there's chemistry until you meet in person :)

As for trusting men you have my every sympathy :-( My second marriage only lasted 9 months and I won't bore you with the details but it was horrible. However, I'm really trying to treat each new person as a complete "innocent" and not punish them for other peoples sins.

Go out and enjoy it... Apparently dating is meant to be fun lol!!

I'll be really interested to hear how it goes :)

Alex xx

yoga84 said:
Hi

It sounds to me like you will be at least friendly and should have a good time. But in my (very limited!) experience you really don't know if there's chemistry until you meet in person :)

As for trusting men you have my every sympathy :-( My second marriage only lasted 9 months and I won't bore you with the details but it was horrible. However, I'm really trying to treat each new person as a complete "innocent" and not punish them for other peoples sins.

Go out and enjoy it... Apparently dating is meant to be fun lol!!

I'll be really interested to hear how it goes :)

Alex xx

Yes i had heard rumours about the fun bit too lol! Its sad when u dont trust someone...because they are nice!! Whens ur next date, and whats his name? Details pls (tell me to p*ss off, im a nosy parker!) Toby (my chap) phoned me when i was running jst now, so so far without actually meetig me he has seen me bespectacled and jet lagged over skype and no breathing like darth badar whilst running, if he shows up sunday it'll br a miracle! Xx

Caroline_Louise said:
Toby (my chap) phoned me when i was running jst now, so so far without actually meetig me he has seen me bespectacled and jet lagged over skype and no breathing like darth badar whilst running, if he shows up sunday it'll br a miracle! Xx

LOL! It's all good :D

P x

Caroline_Louise said:
Yes i had heard rumours about the fun bit too lol! Its sad when u dont trust someone...because they are nice!! Whens ur next date, and whats his name? Details pls (tell me to p*ss off, im a nosy parker!) Toby (my chap) phoned me when i was running jst now, so so far without actually meetig me he has seen me bespectacled and jet lagged over skype and no breathing like darth badar whilst running, if he shows up sunday it'll br a miracle! Xx

Lol well at least he is aware of these stages!! Hehe won't be any shocks for him in the future!
I remember the first time hubby saw me ill - was actually just before we officially became bf/Gf and I wanted to wash my hair etc (I was in hospital) but the nurses didn't have time so I put Vaseline on my lips, scraped my greesy hair bk and tried to pretend I was ok - not sure if he saw all the tubes etc draining me in more ways than one but I was bloody lucky he visited me when I came out lol :) xx

Cai said:
That sounds like a perfect date!!

As much as I love my hubby I do miss those first dates etc.
I remember a friend reminding me if never have a first date or first kiss again and I nearly cried!!

Hmmmm....maybe I should take hubby out for a date?! Lol xxx

Referring to this I posted 2 days ago - offered to take hubby out tonight for a meal (of his choice!) as its my pay day and I was turned down!!!

Rejected :-( I'm on an UP day tho so in sure the choc bar won't turn me down later lol cxx

Caroline_Louise said:

Ha ha!! At least you know he's not with you just for your looks lol!!

I don't mind nosy... I'm the same ;-)

His name is Rob, he's 42 and an architect with his own business, he also does some acting on the side and was in Doctors for 6 months!! My friend says he looks like a really hot Phil Collins in his photos :)

God when I write all if the down I'm wondering what he's doing seeing me lol!!! But I'm seeing him again on Sunday night - when my son has gone to his dads :-D xx

Cai said:
Referring to this I posted 2 days ago - offered to take hubby out tonight for a meal (of his choice!) as its my pay day and I was turned down!!!

Rejected :-( I'm on an UP day tho so in sure the choc bar won't turn me down later lol cxx

Yay to chocolate!! Boo to husbands!!! :-D xx

yoga84 said:
His name is Rob, he's 42 and an architect with his own business, he also does some acting on the side and was in Doctors for 6 months!! My friend says he looks like a really hot Phil Collins in his photos :)xx

Oooooh, I love 'Doctors'! :D

P x

yoga84 said:
Ha ha!! At least you know he's not with you just for your looks lol!!

I don't mind nosy... I'm the same ;-)

His name is Rob, he's 42 and an architect with his own business, he also does some acting on the side and was in Doctors for 6 months!! My friend says he looks like a really hot Phil Collins in his photos :)

God when I write all if the down I'm wondering what he's doing seeing me lol!!! But I'm seeing him again on Sunday night - when my son has gone to his dads :-D xx

He sounds totally perfect, v chuffed for u! And don't u dare put urself down lady bird, he likes u because u are gorgeous and fantabulous!

I am pooping myself re tomorrow. Still hungover to b***ery and the drsss i bought to wear is now totally inappropriate given the biblical rain! X

Caroline_Louise said:
He sounds totally perfect, v chuffed for u! And don't u dare put urself down lady bird, he likes u because u are gorgeous and fantabulous!

I am pooping myself re tomorrow. Still hungover to b***ery and the drsss i bought to wear is now totally inappropriate given the biblical rain! X

Thank you - that's a lovely thing to say :)

Sleep off the hangover :) and just where nice jeans, heels and a pretty top... Perfect for a Sunday night first date xxx

yoga84 said:
Thank you - that's a lovely thing to say :)

Sleep off the hangover :) and just where nice jeans, heels and a pretty top... Perfect for a Sunday night first date xxx

Have you considered life coaching?! Excellent ideas right there chick! Is it dinner u and ur chap are having? Its very exciting!! Xx

Paulinegin said:
What time is the date CL?

P x

Midday. So early enough we have the whole day if we really hit it off, but also can b***er off after lunch if necessary! I am not feeling my most attractive self tbh but going to go to bed v v early and get up and run so i start tomorrow feeling good about myself xx

Caroline_Louise said:
Have you considered life coaching?! Excellent ideas right there chick! Is it dinner u and ur chap are having? Its very exciting!! Xx

I'm actually training to be a Life Coach!!!! How strange you picked up on that lol!!

I will also be looking for volunteers in a few months to practice on so if anybody fancies it? X

Caroline_Louise said:
Midday. So early enough we have the whole day if we really hit it off, but also can b***er off after lunch if necessary! I am not feeling my most attractive self tbh but going to go to bed v v early and get up and run so i start tomorrow feeling good about myself xx

Just remember that he's lucky to be meeting you, not the other way round :) xx

yoga84 said:
I'm actually training to be a Life Coach!!!! How strange you picked up on that lol!!

I will also be looking for volunteers in a few months to practice on so if anybody fancies it? X

I'm up for it!

We're meant to be getting a life coach or similar at work soon - west Yorkshire area if yr close to that?? Xx

yoga84 said:

Seriously?! Thats amazing, and 100% i'd volunteer. Genuinely need a bit of help in heading in the right direction atm.
Thats a really admirable thing to do, go you! X

Caroline_Louise said:
Seriously?! Thats amazing, and 100% i'd volunteer. Genuinely need a bit of help in heading in the right direction atm.
Thats a really admirable thing to do, go you! X

Absolutely seriously :-D

Life Coaching is done mainly by phone/Skype so it doesn't matter where in the country you are - I'd really love it if you volunteered... I have to complete a couple more modules then Im good to go to have clients :) xx

Back