Introduction

wilkeneve

Hi everyone. I began the Dukan Diet on Tuesday. The official site is a bit of a problem so that's how I found this one.

So far I have lost 6lbs. One issue I have is that where I live, there is no such thing as low fat cottage cheese and most plain yogurts contain a higher amount of fat than the diet allows. Any suggestions on how to get around it?

Oh yes! Here, fromage frais and quark are considered to be the same thing and is uncookable according to the packaging.

-wilkeneve

Hello there - can I ask where you are? ie abroad, UK?

Welcome! It's true that if you add a spoonful of fromage blanc, frais or quark to a "sauce", it's likely to curdle... but we do add it quite successful to desserts.

What sort of yoghurts can you find? Can you get hold of sugar free jelly (someone could perhaps mail you some sachets?)? Otherwise, I'd advise making baked egg custards... and I guess you could try making your own yoghurt?

Could you fill out your User CP please at the top so that we can see your height, age, weight etc. Did you calculate your "true weight" on the official site? (no need to pay, just provide an email addres).

Have you found oatbran?

Hi, I've updated my profile.

We have oatbran. Time constrictions means I can't make my own yogurt sadly.

We have two diary providers here and only one makes cottage cheese in the 4,3gram fat variety. They are the only ones who make quark as well. (As far as I know.)

Hello again. Well the baked egg custards will still be an option for you, and any other pancake dessert you make yourself.

Here's a pancake recipe:
PANCAKES - OK ATTACK

2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon powdered skimmed milk
2 tspsns sweetener
flavouring - I use instant coffee diluted in a couple of drips of boiling water

Mix together and make pancakes! The trick is to heat your pan up well before pouring a spoonful of your mixture in, then spread it out (as well as you can), and don't be tempted to turn it until the bottom has cooked...

and a baked egg custard one
Baked egg custard - ok Attack - makes 6 little ramekins - bake in medium oven, 20-30 mins to your taste, Gas Mark 4-5, 180° in bain marie (fill a tin with water, and place your ramekins in same)

4 eggs, 650-700ml skimmed milk, 2 tablespoons sweetener, 1 tablespoon instant coffee (or perhaps vanilla pod?)

In a bowl, break eggs, and mix with half the milk, the sweetener and your flavouring (no need to dilute the instant coffee).

In a measuring jug, warm remaining half of milk in microwave for 1 min. Then pour your egg mixture into jug. Pour into ramekin dishes. Bake.

TIP - if you like a "skin", accidentally (on purpose) "forget" them in the oven for a few hours after you've turned your oven off...

LOVELY!

(check out our recipe thread for others.)

You can live without cottage cheese - I can't get it here in France low enough fat either. Can you get fromage frais or fromage blanc? Otherwise use natural unsweetened yoghurt in its place (can you get that?)

welcome wilkeneve. Hope you manage to find some alternatives for the dairy, though it would be possible to do dukan successfully without using quark or cottage cheese etc. We've all found that we've become unexpectedly adventurous in the kitchen since starting dukan!

Well, I have decided to try a different approach. I couldn't keep going on this due to the fact that I despise dairy and it was just too hard. Been doing paleo for the last 2 days and still losing weight so I'm going to attribute that to the not eating processed food and sugar for over a week. Thanks ladies :)

good luck with paleo, thanks for popping back to let us know, it's nice to know that you're carrying on with weight loss rather than just disappearing! hope all works out ok for you :)

Hi! Just an update, the customer service at Dukan Diet has agreed to refund my money. Interest note, they consider talk of contacting Consumer Protection agencies a threat and will ban anyone talking about it on the forums.

Hi! Just an update, the customer service at Dukan Diet has agreed to refund my money. Interest note, they consider talk of contacting Consumer Protection agencies a threat and will ban anyone talking about it on the forums.

Urgh - that sounds not nice. Talking about it on their forums or ours?

As an aside *I* was wondering if they are also preventing members form talking to outsiders, because we've had a few coached members drop in here at the beginning of their journeys and then disappear very quickly. Of course I don't know if that's because they terminated their diet of if they were told not so share/ talk to outsiders.

Well done on getting your refund sorted though. They should not have taken you on based on what you have told us about the availability of 0% dairy produce in Norway for example!

Good luck with the Paleo!

Last edited:
Hi Wilkeneve!! Didn't realise you managed to get your refund sorted - well done!

Not to push you to another diet, but they all seem to work on the same principle of low-carb = get your body into ketosis... but Atkins/South Beach both allow for fuller-fat dairy if that's big an issue for you in your area?

Thanks for all your help on the DD forum - and yes, its been a nightmare all... probably the WORST time to join Dukan coaching and the way we've all been treated this past week is atrocious! I've filed a complaint as well with the Trading Standards Authority. :mad:

And I've also been censored... oops!

That sounds really bad, Jess (just noticed your name and it's easier to type than "soshbfly"! ;-) )

Surely their treatment of people recently because of all the problems will put more people off coaching than if they'd apologised and been more accommodating. Sometimes problems happen and it's the way they are dealt with which makes all of the difference.

That sounds really bad, Jess (just noticed your name and it's easier to type than "soshbfly"! ;-) )

Surely their treatment of people recently because of all the problems will put more people off coaching than if they'd apologised and been more accommodating. Sometimes problems happen and it's the way they are dealt with which makes all of the difference.

Totally agree and actually said same to them... that's fine for me (to cancel and refund) but as a business with any sense, you owe it your remaining customers to make some kind of statement and explanation... no response! Oh well, I tried :).

Soshbfly, we may not get our refunds after all. They won't send it to any other method other than our cards. I'm not sure about you but my card was cancelled. What a lovely company they have there.

Soshbfly, we may not get our refunds after all. They won't send it to any other method other than our cards. I'm not sure about you but my card was cancelled. What a lovely company they have there.

I hadn't cancelled my card yet, so I'm okay there. You may be as well - usually they process refunds just the same (as long as you have some account with the credit card company). I'd give them a bell and tell them what happened. I'm sure it will all work out!

See you around here :)

Back