Introductions

Hi Minismise-me!

You have wrote exactly what I meant to write!. I think that sounds like a great plan. I have tons of WW books and other cookery books so it's just a case of making meal plans now and sticking to them. I look forward to reading your food diary and getting some inspiration.

i think this is probably the way i want to go too..im sick of putting myself under pressure to lose weight by doing it a certain way so i thought that through just eating healthily it would work? i hope so

Hi Harriet!
I just started last week and I'm feeling much better. I'm not hungry because I'm not obsessing about calories or points and I'm eating ten times more fruit & veg. Even if I lose 1 lb a week (or less sometimes), I just want to be healthy. I'm sick of being weary and exhausted. I'm feeling so good this week that I've started exercising and now I think I'm addicted!. I used to be so fit..and I will get there again.
Anyway, there's no pressure here. Life is short so let's enjoy it and when we get fit & skinny in the meantime all the better!
Are you going to start a food diary?

Hi Harriet!
I just started last week and I'm feeling much better. I'm not hungry because I'm not obsessing about calories or points and I'm eating ten times more fruit & veg. Even if I lose 1 lb a week (or less sometimes), I just want to be healthy. I'm sick of being weary and exhausted. I'm feeling so good this week that I've started exercising and now I think I'm addicted!. I used to be so fit..and I will get there again.
Anyway, there's no pressure here. Life is short so let's enjoy it and when we get fit & skinny in the meantime all the better!
Are you going to start a food diary?

hi! i think im just going to have my three meals a day with no junk to start off with and take it from there? do u think that would be a good idea?

Hey Harriet,
That's all I've been doing all week and having a fruit/rich tea/hot choc snack in between. Are you planning any exercise?..I think that's what helped me this week.

Hello Ladies and Gents

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sarah, I'm 26 years old and I live in Birmingham with my boyfriend of 3 years Rob and our 2 cats Smudge and Chewie.

I have come here from the Slimming World board as I joined there in November, but I'm just not enjoying it and my weight isn't shifting. I got fed up of counting syns and the silly things like having to syn freshly squeezed fruit juice because I was juicing the fruit instead of eating it. I was also putting too much pressure on myself to lose each week to weigh in at group and getting disheartened when a big thing was made when others lost weight, got an award etc. Through making the decision yesterday to stop Slimming World I already feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

Now, I (and Rob too) am just going to use my slimming world cook books along with my other recipe books (which I could open a shop with I'm sure) to make healthy dinners, reduce the portion size of my main meal, eat wholesome foods with the odd treat and exercise 4-5 times a week.

My first aim is to get in the 11's again and then I will take it from there and just go at my own pace, enjoying my foods and exercising and just being healthier.

I look forward to chatting to you all on here (I'll say hi to HappyEm as we've spoken already) and getting to know you all on our journeys.

Sarah
X

snugglepuss to glamour puss my diary

hi i have been following s/w and b4 that calorie counting (which i soon got fed up with) but am not having much success as soon as i eat something thats "off plan" it puts me off for the whole week, sooooo have decided to simply eat healthier will have 3 meals a day and will try to stop all the snacking in between i eat far too much c***p. i need to make meals from scratch :eek:

A big welcome to you all!. You both sound really positive and it will be great to have more people to compare notes with. Good luck!!..x

Hello everyone,

I'm Erin, 23 years old from near Glasgow but currently in Dundee for uni (English Literature degree ;))

I've had an up and down relationship with my weight over the years and went on the Cambridge Diet when I was 19. I got down to just under 9 stone but steadily put the weight back on (plus a stone to boot!) when I started eating proper food again & slipped in to old, bad habits etc.

So, now I'm giving the old fashioned way a proper bash! Not sure what my long term goal weight is yet but I want my first 'milestone' to be a square 11st - that means losing 1st 9lbs. From there I think I'm going to take it half stone by half stone and see how I feel. In order to be in a healthy weight range I need to be at most around 10st 2lbs. Right now I'm considered obese which isn't very good for my self esteem :(

Here's a photo of me taken last week. I'll get proper 'before' photos tomorrow but might not post them up. See how I feel haha.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 77
hi all
i'm michelle i'm 31 and mum to a girl and boy
i have been on loads of different diets since i was 18 (i didn't need to diet at 18) and settled on sw towards the end. I did well with them lost 2.5stone regained it and more then loss 3stone and i've regained 2stone.
so heres me saying i'm done with diets, getting diet out of my brain and ignoring all you can not eat this is gonna be hard. but i'm looking forward to the freedom and hopefully it will stop me bingding and regaining cause i'm not restricting nothing.
look forward to getting to know you all off to change my sig now

Hello Michelle :)

Good for you in ditching the diet fads! Pure healthy eating really is all about freedom - the choices are all yours. We just need to have the willpower and the knowledge to make the right ones. And when we do allow ourselves a particularly unhealthy meal/snack etc we should realise all is not lost and there's no need to come right off the wagon.

Good luck in your journey!

Hey there :)

My names Emily. I live in Bournemouth with my boyfriend Liam and I've just moved down here from Bath! I'm 22 and work as a freelance designer.

I'd always been a bit of a chubster but after I started working from home a year ago I seemed to develop a bit of a baking obsession and between that and the lack of exercise, I put on a whole heap of weight! I'm now trying to shift that, I lost about 30lbs before Christmas with Slimming World but I've put 10lb back on after having a break during the move, I'm now just going to start eating healthy and try a common sense diet. I've also started going swimming lots and joined a gym so hopefully this time, I'll combat the fat!

I look forward to getting to know you all and best of luck to everyone!

E

Hi all
Thought I would check out healthy eating, closest to what I am doing now, even tho it's low calorie version too, I am trying low calories as I don't like to waste calories on empty foods, which tend not to satisfy hunger. I just plainly like foods but trouble is I eat too much at meals and snacks. Looking thru some posts, I get inspiration from reading the ups and downs of everyone.

hello peeps!

my first ever post on here! hope ive done it right!

my name is Tanja, im 25 and i want to get down to 10 stone. i started at 11 8 about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and as of this morning im 11 2, so im pleased with that! not on any plan really, just healthy eating.

looking forward to chatting with you all!

Welcome, Tanja! Sounds like you are doing well - good loss so far! Hope you find this forum helpful along the way :)

Gosh I haven't posted on here for yonks !!! Restarted healthy healthy eating again today, and am finally calming down on it. This morning I felt really hyped up and crazy, that sort of excited you get with too much sugar or coffee !!! Haha !!!
I first popped up on here in Oct, as a newbie, now I'm back and hoping to fight the good fight and get down to the " magic " 168 lbs which has always been stuck in my head, ever since I was nearly 19st. Weird, huh ???
Anyhoo, who is still around since I first said hello on here, would love to hear how you are doing.....send me a wave !!!!

Diva x

Haha, I could be stuck with worse stalkers I'm sure ;). Love your display pic btw - very clever!

Back