Irish Molly's 2012 Diary

Looking good Molly :) And well done on the no alcohol :D x

Happy Sunday!
A good day today:
Usual porridge combo
Cappuccino and Nakd bar( nothing took my fancy in the cafe)
Spicy bean stew
50 g ham
100g oat bread
1.5 litre water

Glad about:
Having the Nakd bar when there was only heavy stodge on offer.
Taking a brisk walk when I didn't fancy it.
Not having a 20% day just because it's a Sunday!

These nakd bars sound lovely where do you buy them from?
What a good day it's always good when you resist in the face of temptation

Lauren, tesco and Sainsburys both stick a limited range of them. Try them, the 68g bar is a great standby lunch and the smaller bar is a good snack.
If you like them you can also order directly from:
http://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/default.aspx or teamnutrition.co.uk.

Molly you're on a roll! I'm so proud of you for not having alcohol all week! Also you did really well at the cafe. As I always said before you should be a spokesperson for low GL!

Cali, you're a great spokesperson yourself. Just look at the fab positivity of your postings!!! Yes, I am glad to keep the alcohol at bay for two reasons, it is empty calories and I've learned I can enjoy myself just as much without it.

Well done on the no alcohol. I'm trying to abstain until I hit goal. It will probably be harder than shifting the weight!:giggle:

That was a very positive food weekend, Molly. :)

Today's food
B:Usual porridge
500 mls water
D:Chicken leg and thigh casserole
Two kiwis and 75mls yoghurt
L: Nakd bar
Snacks five nairns mixed berries biscuits, apple.

Again today, I was good when out and had a Nakd bar.
I don't feel hungry or have any cravings! I feel my system is well clear of the holiday cravings.

Edit: had a carman's fruit muesli just now but that's it for the night. I just felt I needed something so had it.

Last edited:
Food looks good Molly, and you're doing really well being out and having your bar :)!

Mmm, I love Nakd bars too, and also Trek bars (made by the same company). You can also buy them in Boots and Holland and Barretts.

Your menus also sound really tasty Molly. I am certainly getting some inspiration from this forum. I love GL because it means eating real, tasty food instead of insipid fake "diet" food.

skerry said:
Mmm, I love Nakd bars too, and also Trek bars (made by the same company). You can also buy them in Boots and Holland and Barretts.

Your menus also sound really tasty Molly. I am certainly getting some inspiration from this forum. I love GL because it means eating real, tasty food instead of insipid fake "diet" food.

I do agree about eating real food and not processed "diet" products. In turn, you don't feel on a diet cos you are not having those foods which to me always taste so chemical.
If you like the Nakd bars then it is much cheaper to buy them in bulk from the sites I mentioned earlier. 65p as against 85p so a good saving if you can afford to bulk order.

Thanks Molly. I might just put in an order today :) Now I just have to find a good hiding place where the kids won't spot them

Not too bad of a day today.
B: usual porridge/seed combo
L: roast beef, roast root veg, a few hand cut fries
D: two grilled tomatoes on wholemeal toast.
Snacks : two kiwi with spoon yoghurt
Two finger kitkat (my choccie treat)
Carman bar

Proud of
Had lunch out and I fancied the beef and had it as it came but left most of the fries on the plate. I was not tempted by the dessert trolley!!!!
Whilst I fancied a chocolate tonight, I only had a small kitkat. Usually, such a craving would demand five or six choc digestives!!!

Fab achievement today Molly! Chocolate cravings are always hard to deal with!!! Well done for not over indulging (only hope I can do the same when the time comes)

You did really great Molly! Also high five for passing up the dessert trolley! I would have had a very tough time letting it go by without a nibble >_<

Well done you :) x

So today is my 20% day.
B: usual porridge
L: smoked salmon salad with wholemeal bread. It's a bit on the large side! Followed by a small slice of choc torte as everyone else was having some and I just fancied it!
D: roast chicken with broccoli and seer potato.
Snacks: two kiwis , 50g chocolate

Mmmm choco torte! I don't blame you for having a piece :)

Back