Irish Molly's 2012 Diary

Thanks all for the welcome.
Had a snacky head last night but did not fight it. I had five or six bourbon biscuits but it stopped at that. Week is otherwise going well. I hope to avoid biccies for the rest of the week.

I'm glad to report that I've conquered the bourbon biscuit munchies. I've put in a good day today. All low GL foods and portions in control. I've made a better effort to drink more water too. I had a litre and a half today. I try to have 500 mls before each meal. I find I eat less if I've had enough water through the day.

Been a good couple of days. I'm staying on track foodwise and watching my portions. I've had the odd hunger pang but I reach for the water bottle first and it usually does the job. I've kept away from the sweet treats as these can lead to a blowout for me.
Have a good week GI folk.

Love the way you're able to have a 'treat' without it growing into anything unmanageable! Well done you x

I'm being good at the moment Jan as I have a hectic month in May and want a few pounds off to most likely put on again!!!! Plus I have simply come to realise I feel much better when I'm eating better. I just hate that bloated feeling and the guilt of " why did I eat or drink all that". My new years resolution was to not let a bad day or two run in to a week or two. That way I can minimise any potential damage. As my Dad always said, "never put off till tomorrow what you can start today".

I've had a pretty good week overall. Just a few treats here and there. I have been careful of portion sizes and have kept up water intake. So all good really.
Some evenings I'm struggling a little with munchy head but I just go and do something to divert myself. I've painted my nails a lot, wet polish doesn't lend itself to opening snack bars, ha ha!!!!

What a great resolution. My problem in the past has always been letting a bad day turn into a bad week (or fortnight or month).

Malteaster said:
What a great resolution. My problem in the past has always been letting a bad day turn into a bad week (or fortnight or month).

Yes, I have found this a great approach. In the past I'd let a bad day become a bad few weeks with the consequent gains. Now, if I feel like a munch fest I have a little one and STOP right there!! Getting back on track quickly is what I try to do unless I have planned a few days excess.

clarri said:
You are doing so well.
Great to see you back. xxx

Thanks for stopping by Clarri.

Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by.
I'm doing well. Easter was nice and if course I did have a little too much wine, food and some chocolate! Two pounds up but I'll knock that off in a week. I'm well back on track. I'm putting in a week of " NO wheat, potato, pasta, rice". This always gives me a good detox and drops a couple of pounds. So I'm loading up with lots of nice green veg, fish and turkey dishes and mixed bean curries this week. Lots of berries or plums or pears with some yoghurt and mixed seeds for sweet treats.
So, all good on the food front at the moment.

clarri said:
Omg. You have just given me such a good idea. I too need to do that. Clear the system. Thank you for that.
Xx

Sent from my Xperia!!! excuse predictive spelling gone wrong!!

Yep, I find it great to detox especially from all wheat products and high carbs in general. That way I find it easier to get back to healthier foods.

Morning all. I had a good GL week overall. I only had some chocolate on one evening. I had a couple of meals out but choose low GL options or left any high GL foods on the plate.
So, the good news is I lost the Easter gain. So, on this occasion, it was as easy off as easy on!!!
I really find a detox week of " no wheat, potato, pasta or rice" really clears my system and drops the pounds. It also leads me to believe I am probably a little intolerant to some of these, especially wheat.
Here's to another good week for everyone. Mindfulness is the key not obsession!

Hi there,
I havent eaten bread now for about 5 days and I find a huge difference. I have had potatoes and pasta, but definitely the bread is an issue for me, and it hasnt been hard to avoid it. There have been times where Ive thought, ooh, toast, but as I said, I do feel better for it and my mind seems to know that.
xxx

Back