Irish Molly's 2012 Diary

Thurs was an odd day. I didn't overeat but I had more white carbs. I had two baked potatoes with a burger for dinner at a friend's. I haven't had either of these things for over a year. I now rarely eat either red meat or potato and I never miss them. I felt it took ages to eat as it even felt heavy eating it!!
I also had some ice cream.
As the week has progressed I feel more in control of my intake so I'm getting back on track.

It is amazing how easy it is to hit the slippery slope of eating chocolate, crisps and cakes and how hard it is to rein it in.

Well done on getting back to low GL.

Thanks all. Week has been going pretty ok. Saturday has been the only day that went awry with some bad snacks stupidly substituted for main meal. I had a bag of crisps later followed by biscuits with tea instead of having a proper dinner!!! It left me feeling hungry for the evening. At least i stopped at that so it could have been worse!
I hope I finish out the week with no skipping proper meals on Sunday!!

Well done for stopping when you did - great control! I'm sure you're back to it today :) x

I'm happy to report I pulled back 1.5lbs of my recent naughty gain. Do, I'm happy about that.
Here's to a good week for everyone.

Well done!!
Keep up the good work!
Lauren x

Great job Molly! You are the low GL Queen! You did really great in being in control and stopping.

Well done Molly :) x

youre such an inspiration to me! well done for getting back on board, and even more so for the loss. i am following your lead...goodbye white carbs!! xxx

I'm having a mixed up kind of week. Im not gaining but im not losing either. I am not doing too bad with food but I'm not feeling very focused either. I've not been planning menus very well. I realise that this is where a slippery slope appears all too fast. So, this weekend I intend to do a big shop and ensure I have lots of healthy and varied foods. I'm going to sift through the recipe thread and try some recipes too.

Sounds like a good plan - you're always so on top of things. :) x

Clarri, that's interesting that the pods are subconsciously leading you to more low GL foods. To my way of thinking, low GL is just so natural and body balancing. I only find myself in trouble when I deviate from nice healthy low GL eating. I'll start to feel bloated, tired, sluggish and see the scales creeping up. For what?? The short term pleasure of a sugar rush or old conditioning that made me believe I was enjoying cramming my body with stodgy foods etc etc? Eat to live not live to eat is now my motto, at least 80% of the time anyway!!!

Well my week has gotten off to a good start. I did my big grocery shop as promised. I've had lovely roast veggies with salmon for dinner yesterday and again today. I've made lovely oat bread to have once a day at lunch. I've made up a lovely batch of muesli, yum and very summery. I've also made some Greek yoghurt to have with plums, strawbs and frozen berries. So, it's all healthy low GL foods all the way this week. My only naughty treat will be an occasional mini choc ice! Well it is summer!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

By the way, I revisited the recipe thread and there really are some fab ideas there. I'm making a few this week. I felt my menus were a bit samey so this is why I wanted to try a few new recipes. I'm doing tabbouleh, the muesli, two of the chicken dishes and the bran and pear muffins.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back