Irish Molly's 2012 Diary

Popping by to subscribe. I see you're the gi guru around these parts so look forward to learning from you x

Ah thanks but I'm no guru. We all chip in our tuppence worth and that way we learn from each other. Look forward to sharing your journey on GL.

Molly you are the low GL Queen! I have learned so much from you, and I'm still learning from you :). You've been maintaining weight with low GL for so long, you're a true inspiration to us all :)

^^^ what they said. Im slowly not starting to mooch back to low gi now that Ive gotten the not dieting stuff out of my head. Its funny. I know that my body prefers low gi so its obviously starting to choose whats better and right.
Hope all is well. xx

It's been an up and down week!! I have been letting portion sizes slip a bit. On the plus side, I've been out for a few meals but made pretty good choices and avoided the dessert trolley!!
I just need to up my water intake this week and watch the portions!
Let's all keep battling on!!

Well done for the healthy choices Molly! Its all about moderation. I had a salad at frankie and bennies tonight, so treated myself to fruit salad and ice cream. Naughty but nice hehe. Keep going! Xxx

Hooray for healthy choices Molly! It's not easy to make them with all the other temptations around.

At the start of last week i intended to rein in portion sizes and up water intake etc but I failed miserably.
Truth be told, I've struggled a bit staying on track this last week. I've even been having crisps and chocolate!! The big bags and big bars too!!!! Not a good path to be on. I think my head was telling me to have a blowout!! It's been such a long, long time since I've had oodles of crisps and chocolate. It shows on the scales today, 3lbs up!!!
Again, I'm reminded that my body will convert to fat everything it consumes once I eat above a certain level. I, and I imagine most of us, need very little food to live. It is conditioning, advertising, habit and upbringing that lead us to overeat. I need to keep that in mind!!

Plan for the week and I will stick with it. The slide must stop!! Basic principles of good food and exercise will apply.
Water: 2 litres daily. 500 mls with each meal and 500 mls through the day.
Portion sizes: weigh foods to remind myself of correct amounts.
Foods: for this week, I will stick with low GL choices. As much to cleanse my palate as anything else.
Exercise: a 40 minute walk every other day. Anything else will be a bonus!!

So that's it stated so now off to apply it!!!
Good luck everyone for a positive week.

Monday has been a reasonable day. Food much better and I did a 40 minute walk. Only naughty thing was two mini choc ices, oops.
I hope tomorrow is as good.

Today was pretty ok. The only naughty was three Jaffa cakes. Water intake was good too.

Good for you reining it in at 3lbs Molly!!! Take me as a bad example and don't let it go any further!!! Stick to your plan and you'll be great :) xx

Thks Jan. I know it's so easy to take my eye off the ball. So far I've only had big gains at each Christmas when I let go for too many weeks. I don't want that to be a feature too often.
So I try to nip gains in the bud now. It's easier once I detox from refined sugars and white carbs.

Wednesday has been another good day. Food has all been pretty good.
B: 40g porridge with mixed seeds
L: ham salad, a big plate of green salad, tomato, coleslaw and two thin slices of ham
D: mixed bean spicy stew
S: two kiwis with 50g yoghurt
Carman's low Gi muesli bar
Three coffees and two litres water.

I can already notice the sugar cravings have gone. A couple of good low GL days really does make it easier to resist white carbs and sugar in all it's nasty forms!

Food sounds fab today Molly!! X

Food sounds yummy Molly! I love bean stew!
Could eat you menu everyday
Lauren x

Also had a slice of homemade brown soda bread and an apple. That was the only bread I had for the day so it was ok in the overall day.

Molly, you're doing fab with your 'rein it in' campaign, well done! I'm sure you'll be back to where you want to be in no time. :)

Back