Irish Molly's 2012 Diary

irish molly

Maintaing LT loss on GL
Happy New Year to everyone! Well, I've had my annual blowout!! Effectively six weeks of taking my eye off the ball, allowing myself be persuaded to eat and drink way too much has led to a simiar gain as last year. Portion control was the main culprit combined with sugar rushes from processed foods. I've about 9 lbs to knock back. I hope to do that as I did last year which was nice and easy over the first six weeks of the year. I'll return to good fresh, unprocessed low and medium gl foods.

Good luck all whether you have a little or a lot to lose. With Gl it will be a painless enough journey and we will all look and feel great.

Happy 2012 molly. Thank you for all the wise and kind advice in 2011; I'm sure your seasonal gain will be banished in short order. :)

Happy new year, Molly and thanks. You will lose that weight in no time at all. :)

Just getting my subscription in Molly :) Happy new year - you'll soon knock those 9lbs on the head xx

Thanks all!! Well back on the wagon now! I'm so glad to be purging my system of all the sugar and processed foods. Already feeling better for it!

Food today was good enough. Only naughty was a slice of lemon cake just now. I was in two coffee shops today and ordered only sparkling water. Proud of myself for that!!

Edit: forgot to add food details
B: porridge 500 mls water
L: slice of fritatta
D: fritatta again with some green veg
Melon
Snacks: one slice wholemeal bread. Lemon cake

Last edited:
Splenda said:
Happy New Year Molly! :D

Many happy returns, Splenda. I hope the new year is going well for you.

Food today:
B: 1 slice homemade brown bread and smoked salmon and coffee
L: tuna, beetroot and two rye crackers
180g stewed apple
D: very naughty!! Two 35g packet crisps! I blame OH, he brought them in!!
Snacks: two satsuma and a carman's muesli bar.

Proud of:
Getting back to planning as I made up a spicy bean stew, so I have three portions in the fridge.
No chocolate of any sort today!
Drank 3 litres water today . I had been letting this slip.

Well pleased, just a few days on track and I've lost 4lbs of my holiday gain. I know that's mostly fluid but it's all in the right direction.
Food today:
B: porridge 40g with 10g ground mixed seeds.
L: a portion of my spicy bean stew.
D: 100g baked ham with a small sweet potato and broccoli. 200g Stewed apple and 100 g yoghurt
Snacks : carman's bar, apple and five almonds
Water : 2litres

Proud of:
Getting a quick loss after just a few days low GL.
Keeping snacks in check!

Happy New Year Molly! I know you're going to knock the weight off in no time. Also thank you for all the helpful advice you gave us last year :)

It may well be mostly fluid Molly but so was a huge chunk of the gain! :) Well done x

That's great, Molly. :) Am loving your proud ofs too.

Yey Molly that is fab!!!
Well done x

Thanks everyone.
Well I'm proud of not adding anymore food to today's tally. So, hopefully another good day tomorrow!

Wow congrats Molly on the weightloss!

Thanks Cali.
Today's food:
B: oat bread with egg and tomato
L: tuna, beetroot, cherry tomato and two rye crackers
D: Bean stew. Chopped apple and yoghurt
Snacks: 2 carman's bars.

Pleased today:
I stayed on track despite it being Saturday. I usually snack more on weekends.
I drank 2 litres water.
I've had no alcohol all week!

Back