is any1 else embarassed when someone mentions they look like theyve lost weight?

Eugh Im looking for a job Tara, its soul destroying - maybe youll have more luck than me - Im a bid writer and there is nothing out there!

The worse thing is I cringe when I think of the interviews, I think they wont want to hire a fatty.

Once I worked for a temp agency and they needed meet to cover at the actual agency and I looked up my interview notes and it killed me that she had writen LARGE BUILD under personality. So embarrassed but shouldnt have been looking really

xxxxx

Jesus!! That's awful. I think you might have had grounds for discrimination charges. How the hell is large build you personality!!!!!!!!!!

Have been on short term (3-6months) for more then 2 years. I have applied for about 70 odd jobs since jan this year. I've had 5 interviews and have been passed over for cheaper, more experienced, other qualifications etcetc.

People close to me have expressed that they believe that I might have been employed on a permanent basis if I was slimmer. Apparently being larger suggests laziness and incompetency. Nice.

So I can blame my lack of permanent job, house, decent car, marriage (pending!!!) on my weight!! So it's not my winning personality, ability, or charming wit?

Soooooo rude, I am a Personnel Manager and I wonder how some companies get away with it??

it makes me so angry, if you were just a fat slob you wouldnt even be applying for jobs!

Love you mybody xx

You too! Im making you my official weightloss buddy!

DEAL! same!!! :D xxx

Me & another girl in my office are doing VLCDs although she is doing LL, luckily we can support each other on the losses.

However, it is getting annoying now that everyone is always asking how much we have lost, how long are you staying on it? Oh, don't lose too much!!!

I just think 1) mind your own, if I want to tell you I will 2) I'm on it till I get to my goal and no I'm not telling you what that is! And lastly I will lose what I feel comfortable with, not what you all think I should lose!

The comments are embarrassing, its true.

Sorry, I'm a bit late for this discussion having been out on my first blowout since starting ss, but I really don't see how 'large build' qualifies as a description of one's PERSONALITY. Is personality not something like 'pleasant' or 'nice' or 'friendly'? Or where have I been? Have I really been missing out on so much language progression?

I think we (as humans, that is) tend to associate FAT with lazy, and nobody even thinks there may be some other pain behind that FAT. And frankly, those who can't look beyond it are not worth knowing anyway. Keep on going ladies (and gents), we will prevail :)

It's a sad symptom of society. Being fat seems to be regarded as some type of disability! It's part if the reason I'm losing weight.

On topic, I initially started out by not wanting to tell anyone but my close friends. I couldn't however hide the sachets from my colleagues. They also saw rapids results in my losses. So now almost everyone who knows me knows.

People who don't have fat issues are naturally curious. Other fatties are slightly envious. Most are encouraging. I lol at the people who say "don't lose too much". I'm nearly sure some are thinking they don't want new slimline competition!!

I don't get offended by any comments about the diet btw. They are all spurring me on now!!

I find that i become defensive when my mother in law mentions my weight. She kept saying that i've lost weight, (before i started my diet when i had actually gained the stone i lost previously with SW), but when i said that i had actually gained weight she says 'good, you don't need to lose any weight' (at 12 stone and 5 foot 5, that's not altogether true!).
Now i find that when she offers me cakes/biscuits etc at her house i have to make an excuse that i have just eaten or something because i feel like if i tell her i am dieting again she will have a go at me!
Maybe it's just me being silly?

My house mate has been a b*tch the last couple of days. She's supposed to be on sw but in the last 24 I can't even begin to describe whats gone on in our kitchen.

She begged me to go shopping with her last night. I declined. Thank god I did!!!!

Last night she cooked for her and her OH, it was 18"pizza,10" deep pan garlic pizza bread, an oven tray of curly fries, a massive packet southern fried chicken fillets, 2 big packets of doritos and dip, 2 tubs of Ben and jerrys.

I got over that but I think the smell alone took me out of ketosis!!!!!

Then this morning there is every kind of chocolate you can imagine. And not just one packet of each. There was a box. That right A BOX of large bars of chocolate (25ish) and she's makign rocky road no bake cake. In a large oven tray, and double chocolate brownies and offering them to me!!!!!!!!

I said to her "I'm not being funny but I'm on 400cals a day, offering is a bit mean". She just went "oh yeah i forgot!"

Staying strong. But I'm not in ketosis atm according to the stix. And I'm miserable.

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. Only 1 person at work has noticed my weight loss, and it's been a bit disheartening to be honest. They all know I'm doing it (you'd have to be blind and stupid not to know) and yet only 1 person has noticed. Even my best friend (who I had not seen for a month) didn't say anything. I was gutted, but started wondering if she didn't say anything on purpose, because she's now bigger than I am, for the first time in about 18 years.

That's prob it hon. Everyone react differently- like y housemate for example. We weigh about the same but carry our weight differently. I'm all boobs and she is very wide round the middle. He response now I weigh less then her is to eat crap all the time and try and get me eating too! I'm
Sure you look fab! Post some before and after pics so we can all tell you how amazing you look!!! Xx

you'll all hate me, but i've had nothing but good things so far - and i like it. i told everyone anyway, so they all knew and when i came back to work after the holidays, i was a stone and a half down so it was obvious. most of the people i talk to in any given day are teenaged girls... and they're totally frank and open. they've been dead nice.

maybe it helps because i was so enormous to start with. no one can tell me i shouldn't be losing weight when i was 5ft 3 and 19stone 4 to start with.

I only had 2" on you. Same star weight. More in fact coz I shifted a stone b4 I started cd. So. I'm not sure what my point is!!!

Why would we hate you!! I just can't deal with compliments coz I hate myself so much!!! You're doing so much better then I am!!!!!x

I only had 2" on you. Same star weight. More in fact coz I shifted a stone b4 I started cd. So. I'm not sure what my point is!!!

Why would we hate you!! I just can't deal with compliments coz I hate myself so much!!! You're doing so much better then I am!!!!!x

i just thought it sounded a bit smug.

truth is i got such a hard time for being the ugly girl at school my entire childhood (thin, but ugly) - and the rest of my life i've been pathetically grateful whenever someone gives me a compliment, which they started doing when i grew enormous boobs aged 15!

result - shallow compliment whore.

you are gorgeous!!! Look at your profile pic! Lovely!! x So dont be daft. x

Back