Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

Might be TMI but I had a bit of an upset tummy a couple of days on holiday and I'm sure that limited my holiday gains. Thankfully I shifted all 4 holiday pounds this week so I'm hopefully back on the downwards slope towards Christmas!

I lost 4lbs today, getting me my 2 and a half stone award and slimmer of the week and into the 12 stone bracket!!! So that's a total of 4 stone 2 lbs lost since having Jack 24 and a half weeks ago! :) xx

I lost 4lbs today, getting me my 2 and a half stone award and slimmer of the week and into the 12 stone bracket!!! So that's a total of 4 stone 2 lbs lost since having Jack 24 and a half weeks ago! :) xx

Sammy that's fantastic, well done!! Your little boy must be around the same age as mine - I had him on April 20th this year, he's just coming up to 6 months old :) Your weightloss is amazing, as is your stamina - I got stuck in way too soon (and in the wrong way) straight after Layne's birth and overdid it/lost a good amount then gained it again, lol.

Sammy that's fantastic, well done!! Your little boy must be around the same age as mine - I had him on April 20th this year, he's just coming up to 6 months old :) Your weightloss is amazing, as is your stamina - I got stuck in way too soon (and in the wrong way) straight after Layne's birth and overdid it/lost a good amount then gained it again, lol.

Thanks hunny! Jack was born on 25th April :) So they are really close in age! I only gained a stone and a half throughout my pregnancy and was lucky enough to lose that by the time jack was a week old as I ate really healthily throughout pregnancy to try to minimise my chances of gestational diabetes with me being quite big to start with. I then waited until Jack was nearly 9 weeks old and I was sure that my milk supply was well established before I joined slimming world. I've been lucky enough to lose or maintain every week, so I know when I get my first gain i'll be gutted! I'm getting married next year so being in a size 12 wedding dress is a big part of my motivation, but mostly I want to get to a good size to be healthy for jack and so that the next time i get pregnant i'll be able to give birth in a birthing center rather than the labour ward, as i wasn't allowed the birthing center because of my BMI and so that meant that when jack was born my fiance missed the first few hours of his life because he wasn't allowed to stay with us. On the birthing center he'll be able to stay with us as long as he wants so i'm determined to be healthy the next time i get pregnant! xx

Thanks hunny! Jack was born on 25th April :) So they are really close in age! I only gained a stone and a half throughout my pregnancy and was lucky enough to lose that by the time jack was a week old as I ate really healthily throughout pregnancy to try to minimise my chances of gestational diabetes with me being quite big to start with. I then waited until Jack was nearly 9 weeks old and I was sure that my milk supply was well established before I joined slimming world. I've been lucky enough to lose or maintain every week, so I know when I get my first gain i'll be gutted! I'm getting married next year so being in a size 12 wedding dress is a big part of my motivation, but mostly I want to get to a good size to be healthy for jack and so that the next time i get pregnant i'll be able to give birth in a birthing center rather than the labour ward, as i wasn't allowed the birthing center because of my BMI and so that meant that when jack was born my fiance missed the first few hours of his life because he wasn't allowed to stay with us. On the birthing center he'll be able to stay with us as long as he wants so i'm determined to be healthy the next time i get pregnant! xx

That's some good motivation right there! Was Jack your first? I would have loved a birthing centre with Layne but as my firstborn (little girl) was an emergency section, it'd never happen no matter how much I beg. I did go on to have a natural second birth (another girl) except with an epidural, but Layne was 100% au natural I'm proud to say and I *highly* recommend birthing with as little intervention as possible - which of course you'll achieve no doubt :)

I'm stunned at your weightloss, you'll definitely be in a size 12 wedding dress by next year - just keep doing what you're doing! I was already about a stone overweight when I fell pregnant with Layne. Incidentally I'd started SW not long before and lost 11lbs, then decided to let it be til after the pregnancy. Why in the name of hell I decided to go for Herbalife when he was only 6 weeks old is beyond me (though I must mention here, I didn't breastfeed so posed no risk to my son!). I caught myself on very quickly and decided to just chill out and wait a bit longer, then 3 weeks ago I came back to SW and haven't looked back. I started at 11st 8lbs (most of the pregnancy weight came off naturally, luckily), I'm now 10st 12 and aiming for 9 stone, though when I'll get there is another story, lol.

I was really lucky because, although I had to have jack on the labour ward, I still got the birth that I wanted. I had a natural water birth with nothing but gas and air for the hour and 15 minutes before I had him. It was amazing! I shocked them all because my BMI was 37 when i got pregnant so they assumed i'd have a high risk pregnancy and labour, but i couldn't have had a smoother pregnancy or labour! The worst thing that happened was i got a 2nd degree perineal tear, which wasn't that bad, though having that stitched up hurt more than the whole of labour did! I'm going to go for a water birth next time too, but on the birthing center you don't have to change rooms afterwards so you don't have all the hustle and bustle of having to get all your stuff together and moved to another room, plus Ben can stay with me overnight too if I want :)

I've been really lucky, I was in a size 20-22 when I started and this week I got into a size 14 jeans and size 14 coat! I was stunned! I still can't quite believe it! So I'm getting there and really hope that i'm nearly at target by the time I have to go back to work on 24th January, it will be amazing to go back to work nearly 6 and a halfstone lighter and 5 stone lighter than any of them have ever seen me before! :) I'm sure you'll get there hunny, just stick with slimming world, i really do believe it's the best plan around as it teaches you healthy eating habbits :) xx

Great news, Liz.

I have survived Day One of Project Resist The Scales. I did think about them quite a lot while I was getting ready, which makes me sound a bit nuts and makes me realise it's a good thing I'm weaning myself off them!

How did you get on, Jenna? x

stivesliz said:
Well my official weigh in is also 4 pounds down - hooray! I am chuffed x

Fantastic Liz! :)

My weigh in was yesterday and I stayed the same as last week. Had a sneaky peek this morning and had lost 2lbs...yay, just a bit annoyed that I didn't get that marked down yesterday but maybe means I'll get a really good loss next week...if I'm good...maybe ;)

lost 4lb this week!! :D so pleased. SOTW & 4.5 stone too so pretty happy!! especially when scales only said 2lb loss

Argh! Really cross with myself - gave into the scales this morning! Had a horrendous day at work yesterday and hoped they might give me some good news. They didn't so now I'm even more annoyed- with myself actually for needing the reassurance of getting on them. Grr.

Well done, Liz!

Jenna - I'm kinda glad you gave in too! I was feeling really guilty. Can't believe the damn things said I was +1 up. Presuming it's stress because work is horrible this week. Sounds like it is for you too. The weekend can't come soon enough!!

Back