Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

Hi, my names Catherine and I'm a serial weigher :) I do sw at home and weigh myself every morning. I always have done when on plan and find it keeps me on track rather than demotivate me. I have been known to weigh in the evening before bed but try to avoid it!

Guys, I've had a horrific 2 days...drank my weight in vodka last night and then went for a hangover munch today. Genuinely too many syns to count, as I'm a serial weigher but log Sunday's weight, I'm wondering, based on your own personal experience...how long after you've overindulged (had a bad few days/week) does it show on the scales for YOU?

I know everyones different but I'd like something to go on.

Have you ever had a bad few days and still had a loss that week or the week after?

For me it's 48hours later :) I use my syns weekly, weigh in on Thursday, use majority of syns over weekend, usually show a small gain Monday or Tuesday and lose by Thursday. But I do stay within my syns for the week. Works for me, wouldn't work for everyone I guess

I get weighed in class on a Tuesday ( obvioulsy I have weighed at home first though lol ) and I always go a bit mad on a Tuesdaynight - last night I surpassed myself though ! I live in Cornwall and at our monthly book group someone brought clotted cream and I had some wine and hot cross buns which I smeared with clotted cream.

Am one and a half Up today which I can handle - and without being too graphic all the wine and cream etc went straight through me.

I am definitely not weighing as often as I was but still cant bear to throw the scales out x

I weigh myself every morning and it generally is a positive thing for me. Helps me to stay on track I think. Know its daft though. ; ) x

No threw my scales away, I'm not going down that route, keep weighing myself makes me think plan not working as weight will ffluctuate and I have even not gone to a class because my scales have said not lost or gained when i have stuck to the plan. Silly I know, so that's why scales are banned in my house. I'll look forward to mu weigh in as well if not been weighed for a week. They really are your worst enemy so hide them away. X

stivesliz said:
Oh I also failed to mention that I was up half the night with heartburn! xx

I hate heartburn! I'd never had it until I was pregnant and it was horrible so I do feel for you

Nelliestar said:
I weigh myself every morning and it generally is a positive thing for me. Helps me to stay on track I think. Know its daft though. ; ) x

I'm the same, if there is a gain it makes me be better if anything

positive thing for me to as it keeps me on track, i dont take the result as a definate till my actual weigh in day which i weigh at home monday. As far as my scales are concerned i have broke the stone. Into the 16 now but i wont take it as a definate till monday. I have tried going all week without weighing but its no good i am too weak ha ha

I weigh myself all day everyday despite my scales being a load of crabs and completely inaccurate! I think they roughly weigh half a stone lighter but its subject to change. I feel they indicate the general jist tho and continually step on. They are right in my living room by the sofa so should I leave the room... have a quick check! out of habit! doing it so much I rarely see a change (except for post meals/toilet stops) it's kinda frustrated. Im not sure if it motivates or the opposite. but I know I can't stop.. x

I moved mine to my room last week but they've swiftly gone back to the bathroom, meaning I only weigh when I'm in there. I'm the same in that they keep me on track, if I'm heavier than I'd like I really aim for a good day similarly if they've gone down I think YES I gotta keep on track. The one I probably pay most attention to is my early morning weigh, simply because my official weigh in is as soon as I wake up on a Sunday (whenever that may be)

I had a schneaky hop on this morning....10.13.1/4 *dances* I don't remember the last time I saw 10 anything :D Here's hoping it still says 10 something Weds! x

Rach*B said:
I had a schneaky hop on this morning....10.13.1/4 *dances* I don't remember the last time I saw 10 anything :D Here's hoping it still says 10 something Weds! x

Hope to see you in the 10-9 stone thread on Wednesday. Good luck

i weight myself every morning, it keeps me in check and if i see it go up a 1lb or 2 during the week then it makes me push myself that bit harder. it also puts me in a good mood for the day as itreminds me how much weight i have lost

Back