Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

I'm like you Nina -I get weighed first thing on a morning after a wee scales on same tile, have my shower dry my hair, go to loo for number 2 get weighed. Come in from work, get changed, whilst stripped off get weighed, toilet before bed get weighed - vicious cirlce lol

Yeah!! Sounds familiar. Ha ha! I feel so proud whenever the scales goes down a little. Makes me think that "yesterday was worth avoiding the chocolate and crisps" etc. when I seethe numbers go down. Xx

Currently 15st 8.5lbs

Must admit I was very against weighing daily, but used to absolutely dread WI day & would sometimes not weigh & do it every 2 weeks coz I was that 'scared' of the scales lol! Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I did a little experiment, just out of interest to see the daily fluctuations & weighed daily......I started to 'enjoy' the daily weights & to my astonishment didn't dread my weekly Friday weighs!
I weigh in the mornings, after a wee, butt naked & have to admit I do move the scales around the bathroom floor until I see a number I like as it can vary as much as half a pound lol! I have also been known to go up & weigh myself after *no. 2's* & drop another half a pound lol! Yikes, thats me a seriel weigher now as I've admitted it on a public forum :D

Meeeeeeeee!!! I weigh myself every day without fail. First thing in the morning after my first wee, then anytime I'm in the bathroom! My consultant keeps telling me to bring my scales in to group to sin bin them....but I just can't do it! The battery ran out a few weeks ago and I started feeling sick that I couldn't weigh myself. Ended up getting a new battery the very next day. Xx

I weigh my self every day now im at target and it seems to be working so far, i do like to make sure im keeping an eye on it. I weigh in first thing in the morning after toilet and shower haha.

When i was losing and not maintaining i weighed in on a tuesday and would then check my weight every fri,sat,sun,mon,tue morning and it seemed to work for me as i lost every week to target. I used to find if i was slightly over i could do something about it (be more careful with my food and exercise more) and if i was having a good week i would exercise more to try and get more off so it never had a negative effect on me.

I dont know how people could go all week without weighing yourself at home, you must have better will power than me haha.

I weigh every day!! Have done for the past year!! It helps me stay on track because if I see a gain I fix it right away instead of letting more creep on over a week!

I tried not weighing for 1 week and that 1 weeks I didn't lose anything. So back to daily weighing I went :)

I weigh every day!! Have done for the past year!! It helps me stay on track because if I see a gain I fix it right away instead of letting more creep on over a week!

I tried not weighing for 1 week and that 1 weeks I didn't lose anything. So back to daily weighing I went :)

The downside though is it makes you deranged. I try to avoid weighing myself until after weekend (i weigh in officially on a wed), there are loads of times i end up with gains on the scales, but by the next official weigh in they have petered out. Only once have i gained in eight months!

Before I got to target I never weighed myself at home but I weigh before I go to group now because being at target is an up and down game and I dont want to start paying again. Must not lose this week otherwise I have a weeks grace to pull it back to just within target band. Same as you Craig!

Failed only lasted 4 days with no cheeky home weigh ins still 9st 12lb ;(

My scales looked very good this morning :)

Got on the scales this morning and the showed 11st 9...which would get me my 2 stone loss if I stay there til Tues!! However I'm not very well at the min and lacking appetite, only ate 2 hifis and a mugshot all day yesterday...so could be something to do with that!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
fingers crossed for you!!! :D i got on this morning and im a pound down... just hope it stays off and maybe some more by thursday, i know plenty of time but due on tomo erghhh :( going to very intense zumba in the morning and going to try and pack some more exercise in before the week is up fingers crossed!!! x

Back