Is Coke Zero OK then???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by lukiesgirl, 29 May 2007 Social URL.

1. lukiesgirl

lukiesgirl ICC

I've been reading a couple of your blogs and it looks like you drink Coke Zero because it's malic acid not citric.
    Do you stay in Ketosis? and if yes how much is too much?
    I was a 2ltr a day diet coke girl before I started CD. My body doesn't know what's hit it suddenly having all this water so i've started retaining which is gutting as it's my second week and I haven't moved a pound :cry:I know this is a false weight as the loss is in the water i'm holding onto, and my counsellor is awesome she totally keeps me going, but i'm still gutted and wondered if a few swigs of the black stuff would help as it's a diaretic.

Please let me know...... feeling so down......want scales to move :confused:

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alipally

alipally Serial Dieter!

Start Weight:
    118.3kg
    Current Weight:
    113.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    80kg
    Lost(%):
    4.6kg(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Optifast/cambridge
    The current guidelines suggest that it is unlikely that diet pop will affect ketosis, but it can do in some cases.... it's your call. Drinking pop can make you hungry, diuretics can conversely cause water retention as a rebound... so you should not rely on them to maintain the body's water balance.
    If you MUST drink it try to stay away from Citric acid and have NO MORE than 500ml per day.
    Opinion often differs on this, but my personal thought is that if it's the Coke Zero or eating then choose the Coke Zero!!
    I hope that this helps....

4. FatFairNForty(ish)

FatFairNForty(ish) Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    Coke Zero is allowed and so is Asda Sugarfree Appleade, Perfectly Clear Still/sparkling Strawberry & Kiwi Flavour and Still Red Apple Flavour.

I have steered clear of the Coke Zero so far as I used to glug gallons of diet coke and I know it makes me feel very windy, lol.

I drink about 2litres of the appleade every day. (I don't drink tea or coffee) and at least the same in water too.

The other drinks have never kicked me out of ketosis, however, there is always the chance that they could do for someone else, the only way to know is to try.

Hope this helps :)

5. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Official guidance is a small glass of calorie free drink per day.

M.

6. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Hello, hun - hang on in there - this is just a temporary blip. Water is the key. Harsh but true lol!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

7. FatAsh

FatAsh Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello, I have been having 1/2 pint of Coke Zero every evening and call it my "Treat" for the day, so far it hasn't kicked me out of ketosis. Just try it and see ............ enjoy.

8. lukiesgirl

lukiesgirl ICC

Thanks Guys, gonna give it a little try!
    See you tomorrow Isobel xx

[​IMG]

9. Mrs Pink

Mrs Pink Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi! I have one can a day as a treat and it hasnt affected ketosis!
    Mrs P

10. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

I have a can of coke zero most days and seem to be ok so far.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.