Is it OK to lapse if you plan it well in advance?

KidA

My social diary is positively empty (sad, I know, but single mum, three kids... you get the picture). This is great for avoiding temptation. But in a few weeks I'm going to a friend's birthday. She's having it at her house and she's an amazing cook and I know she's going to make loads of lovely bits and pieces. And there'll be booze for sure.

I've already got my head round the fact that I'm going to lapse. I'm not going to go mad or anything - no jumping naked into the blancmange - but I will want to join in properly. If I do this, should I be prepared in any way? Or should I just accept the fact that I'm going to stall that week and get back to the diet as normal the next day? Or should I do an extra PP day or two before, or after?

Does anyone else plan lapses, or am I being silly?

I did not plan lapse but ive had one and after the incident I just worked hard to maintain the weight id already lost that week and managed. Ive got big party in June and that will include alcohol so them I will do same limit damage and get back into ketosis quickly by doing 2 days pp

I have a similar problem as I'm at a hen do tomorrow with a set menu for a three course meal. I am able stick to dukan by avoiding things on the menu such as potatoes, the bread and desert :( it will be hard but I am going to resist. I've manged to make sure that I can have a PV day so it's easier than just protein.

Lapses happen in every aspect of life but talking from experience i dont think It's worth it because u feel bad after and that feeling outweighs the pleasure of eating the forbidden food.

Are you having a sit down meal or just nibbles? If there is like a buffet u should be able to pick what you want? Or you could eat before you go so you aren't tempted?

I don't know if any of this is helping so
Sorry if it's not... Xx

I'm sure it's going to be a spread of different things, like a buffet. My friend's a real foodie and a good cook. So I will be able to pick and choose up to a point. But that's a good idea about eating before - I could do the Dukan thing of eating a hard boiled egg.

What I'm thinking is if I plan it I can't beat myself up about it afterwards, instead of if I lapsed out of pure temptation then regretted it later. It's psychological more than anything.

I'm sure it's going to be a spread of different things, like a buffet. My friend's a real foodie and a good cook. So I will be able to pick and choose up to a point. But that's a good idea about eating before - I could do the Dukan thing of eating a hard boiled egg.

What I'm thinking is if I plan it I can't beat myself up about it afterwards, instead of if I lapsed out of pure temptation then regretted it later. It's psychological more than anything.

Planned or unplanned it is still a lapse :break_diet: Try to make it a PV day, and go straight back to Cruise after the party, drink lots of water to flush your system and have no tolerated items for 2 days.

(Oh and consider yourself slapped :)

Back