Is this right re costing?

Fatbird

I managed to track down a counsellor, as nobody had phoned. I am being charged £80 for my first week, and then £46.20 each week after.

She said I had to do a prepare week, which cost £30
£10 consultation fee, and £40 upfront towards the next weeks packs.

She also said I would need 4 packs a day as I am 5ft9

I just feel this is more than I had budgeted for.

Is this right please? Do I have to do the prepare week (2 packs a day plus 1 meal)

i started on saturday and only had to pay the £35 odd for the shakes and £4 for the shaker
dont know why its costing you so much

Last edited:
i AM ON THREE SHAKES A DAY AND IT COST 35.60 A MONTH.

mY CDC CHARGES THE SAME RATE FOR ALL PRODUCTS

i think you paid a a lot

hopefully a cdc will be along shortly to tell you the correct amount

Every CDC is different I'm afraid when it comes to what they expect from you regarding the way the diet should be approached and the cost of it.
I personally didn't do a prepare week and I pay around £36 a week for 3 pack a day so for 4 packs the £46 doesn't sound far off what I would have to pay if I did the same.

i think you paid a a lot

Are you sure you don't mean per week???:confused:

im paying about £46 a week due to being 5'9 and having to have normal, dunno why your first week cost 80 though, mine cost 60 i think xx

I didn't do a prepare week and certainly wasn't charged a consultation fee. For your height you will need to be on 4 packs a day so the weekly price is about right. First week is a bit steep in my opinion.

you dont need to do a preparation week! its your choice...

your cdc may charge a fee but mine didnt.

you only pay for the products normally!

I managed to track down a counsellor, as nobody had phoned. I am being charged £80 for my first week, and then £46.20 each week after.

She said I had to do a prepare week, which cost £30
£10 consultation fee, and £40 upfront towards the next weeks packs.

She also said I would need 4 packs a day as I am 5ft9

I just feel this is more than I had budgeted for.

Is this right please? Do I have to do the prepare week (2 packs a day plus 1 meal)

:eek::eek: That seems a bit expensive! And the prep week? You don't need to pay for that, I would just cut down on carbs, drink plenty of water. No doubt there'll be a CDC along to advise you properly as I'm not really qualified to, but I deffo wouldn't pay £80!!! :eek:

£35.60 a MONTH?? Who's your CDC? I want him/her to be mine too lol! ;):D

i think you paid a a lot

My CDC never charged a consultation fee or prep week (never heard of that!) I pay between £34-£38 a week depending what I have.

xx

I don't know what to do now. I haven't paid yet, I have a meeting with her thursday, but I feel as if I must have sounded like I was a soft touch.

looks to me like she is charging you a week in advance, which would cover her costs to order the products for you.
my cdc doesnt do this, and i'm sure there will be a cdc close to you that doesnt do this either.

yikes 80pounds thats madness. I didnt do a prep week just went to my cdc go weeks supply. sounds right for four packs though. I def would not pay 80pounds

Gosh there is nothing like putting someone off the diet before they have started . I have never heard of anyone being charged so much for a first week. :eek:

Are you seeing her between prep week & first week on 4 a day?

If not then that may be what she is doing 1 week at 2 a day £24 (approx) & 1 week at 4 a day £48 (approx)...

You do not have to do the prep week, but she may like her customers to do a week on one of the higher plans.

Find out exactly what you are paying for before you part with your cash!

Nicky

I have just telephoned a counsellor closer to home. I feel happier with her, as she was easier to talk to, and she doesn't charge the £80 first week, so I am going to meet her tomorrow, and will cancel the other!

Thanks for all the replies. I can't wait to get started now!

I have just telephoned a counsellor closer to home. I feel happier with her, as she was easier to talk to, and she doesn't charge the £80 first week, so I am going to meet her tomorrow, and will cancel the other!

Thanks for all the replies. I can't wait to get started now!

thats great news, let us know how you get on :)

Are you seeing her between prep week & first week on 4 a day?

If not then that may be what she is doing 1 week at 2 a day £24 (approx) & 1 week at 4 a day £48 (approx)...

You do not have to do the prep week, but she may like her customers to do a week on one of the higher plans.

Find out exactly what you are paying for before you part with your cash!

Nicky

Hi FB,
I agree with Nicky, she may be charging in advance, but check out exactly what the £80 covers.

At 5'9" you do have to have 4 packs a day if you are following the SS or SS+ program.

Cambridge do advise preperation before starting the SS or SS+ stages, but it is not compulsory.

Good luck with your weight loss:)

xxxx:D

As every counsellor is in effect self-employed, their pricing plan is down to their own discretion. You may find that your counsellor offers a specific service/support during the preparation week, but basically I would ask her exactly what you paying for.

All people over 5 ft 9 should be on four packs per day, so you have not been misled. Best thing would be to ask what you are paying for, and then decide whether you want what she is offering :)

Back