It's a Long, Long Road To Wander All Alone...so I am here. My Diary

see how quickly you bounce back these days a few weeks ago and you would have spiralled downwards
you are sounding so much stronger :)

Hi Liam,

I'm glad your day got better, but youv'e left me hanging- what happened, and how did you resolve it? (Feel no compulsion to tell me!)

My day was ok-ish. Dark and rainy, work wasn't too bad. On the way home, I visited another practice, and "learnt something to my advantage". (About my staff problems) But. When I got home, there was an email waiting for me, providing me with some information I had sought, (same old staff stuff), which was not what I wanted to hear.
In the past, I have had a tendancy to become quite obsessed with this sort of stuff, mulling over and over it. I'm really trying not too this time. I heard a great phrase- not to let a problem rent room in your head- which I'm really trying to apply. Instead, I will do what I can, and then try to relax. Right!
(Did I convince you? I do mean it!)

Darling, it is great to be your own boss, like everyone says. It is not so great sometimes to be the boss of other people.

Thinking of you!

Hi :)

Had a bit of a falling out with a family member. It was resolved by talking about it.

Today has been a good day. Done my walk. And did a bit more walking in the afternoon on the beach.

:D

I feel quite good.

Go you! In my family, I tend to avoid conflict, (which I attribute to one of my older sisters, who has always been very confrontational and agressive, I might just be a wuss though), so tend to end up sulky and resentful, rather than resolving anything.

This is not my week! There is some national problem with some merchant banking terminals used by health professionals. Ours died on Monday. Because the problem is so big, getting on to the people that could at least tell you what was happening has been impossible until tonight. (After a lengthy wait on the phone) Even then, details were really scarce. I was directed to their website, where I could leave a feedback comment, requesting more info. The website wouldn't allow the submission, so I reckon this is probably overloaded too. I rang my local bank today, a community bank, who values locals, and hit the proverbial brick wall. It might be small, local, and value me and my business, but it couldn't possibly speed up an application for a new terminal, no way, ten days for the application, when they already have years of data. I demanded, and was given, an appointment with the manager tomorrow, so she could tell me that she would do absolutely nothing to my face. So that is how I'll be spending my lunch hour tomorrow.
(The manager was away sick today, so I reckon there is a good chance that the appointment will be cancelled actually. Fingers half crossed!)
Lucky you, walking on the beach!

There's some dysfunction in my family.
:(
a lot. I am working though on my part to avoid going the same way.

Liam I think many families are dysfunctional - or have dysfunctional members
I know I much prefer my friends to several family members

Three! Most surely.

Mixed day again. Weather delightful, work ok, new bank terminal arrived- yep, out of the blue, chap walked in with a new one to install,days early.
I still went down to the other bank for the meeting, which hadn't been cancelled. As it turned out, it should have been, 'cause the manager is still ill. The chap who made the appointment wasn't there, and no-one knew anything about it. Lucky for them I was in such a good mood!

Have a good one Liam!

Howdy folks. Had an appointment with the doctor this morning. He said I seemed brighter and much more positive.
Then he wanted to weigh me...which made me nervous.
BUT I was 12 lbs lighter than when he last weighed me, back in December.

Epic loss, well done babes! Glad you're feeling brighter too, always of the good.
How's the weather going there? It's still rainy here atm, gotten bloody cold too...oh welllll.
Best wishes.

Whatcha up to today? Off for a walk?

such a change of attitude that is so good
enjoy your walk and just imagine walking towards your healthy future :)

I haven't been for a walk just yet, and I have been terrible with my food today... :(

but it's only one day. and it's not vast amounts of food like I would have scoffed a couple of months back.

I shall go for a walk this eevening.

I am desperate to get back to uni now so I can do karate and go to the gym again! I don't quite have the confidence to do that at home, plus I have no money haha.

Walking it is :D

Back