It's a Long, Long Road To Wander All Alone...so I am here. My Diary

Well, been a while since I have been on.
I have had massive problems coping with life back in uni. The depression and anxiety are getting better slowly. No news on weight loss.
With depression it is hard to anything. Am in need of support, which I am getting. Sometimes need to cry, sometimes I get angry, and end up directing it towrds myself. We'll see wht happens.

LiamR

Thats hard and glad you are getting support and help.
Theres no harm in having a good cry, getting it all out and then saying, right chin up now, I WILL do this.
When you want to get angry at yourself, use this for your advantage..... dont sabotage and eat, (i can be a big comfort eater) instead tell yourself... i know you want that takeaway (example) but your not getting it or be so angry at yourself that it pushes you on to do something about it!
Ive said this post on another thread today but i used to train myself to think i want to be a PLIM - Power Lies in Me and not a PLOM - Poor Little Old Me...

Also another think i find helpful ( but i have lots of blips off the wagon ) is to say i wont have something today, but if i still want it in the morning i will have it then. We can all wait a couple of hours for something, we wont die, but the funny thing is the next morning you more times then not, dont want it.

Also if your very hard on yourself and get angry at yourself, perhaps be hard on yourself to make up for the reason you get angry and throw in some excerise to make ammends!... cause and effect...

All this is easier said then done, (trust me i know) but i thought id share with you some things i like to try trick my mind with .:))

Hope you feel better soon , i know you will....

Amber

I suffer from depression, and related stress and anxiety problems.
Am currently on citalopram since mid December. It's come about for a number of reasons, most of which have occurred in the last four or five years, but many going back a lot earlier.
Being in uni is hard with this, as it manifests itself with desperate loneliness, and complete lack of motivation to do things, including playing music which is my passion. Quite bad at times.

Again not been posting.
I am struggling with lots of things at the moment, and it makes my weight loss seem an impossible task

Hey LiamR

Good to keep posting as it means your still trying, which means youve not given up :)) Fair play as without added problems losing weight is a very difficult task to begin with.

Have you tried to discover the route cause of why your failing? Then write yourself a commitment contract for a solution around that when you know what that is..... keep the chin up and keep trying, it will just click one day, im sure. Positivity is the main thing as although we can succeed as we are so down or perhaps angry with ourseleves or someone else usually these more negitive motivators might not be long lasting in their results and/or healthy for our souls, its easier said than done, but keep up the spirits and keep aiming for your goal.

mini goals to set yourself might also help and give you some sense of achievement and happiness about completing them and have a continious knock on effect.

Im no expert, but I hope it helps... :)

Amber

Not been on much lately.
Crazy times. Missed two weeks of university due to illness, so now have three essays to finish soon!! aaaaaaaargh!!!!!! :(

in terms of weight loss, nothing. so demotivated at the moment

i am thinking of trying some kind of food replacement...does anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

Hey Liam,

I have been reading your diary ( that sounds weird doesnt it!) and I can totally relate to some of the things that you have been feeling, but like doodle says, youve always got us to rant and rave at (or with!) on here when things get tough! Ive found this site really helpful for things like that! I notice that youre thinking of starting meal replacement? Although im no expert, its not something that I would recommend if normal dieting seems too hard (i dont mean that to sound offensive at all if it does) if youre anything like me, you'll start to make excuses why you cant stick to it for a certain reason/event and then slowly but surely, the diet goes out the window and youre back to square one!! Youre better off sticking to something like slimming world, where you can eat so you dont feel hungry, and enjoy eating without feeling guilty, and then when the weight does start to come off, you may find that it helps your general outlook on things and you might even find that the depression lessens? I really dont mean to sound patronising at all or like im trying to "Big Up" Slimming world, its just that I have tried every diet going and SW is the only one that hasnt made me want to give up after a couple of months!!!! I hope things start to pick up for you soon, and remember were all on here if you need any support (even if its just for a general moan!!!) xxxxx

No offense taken.
I will think about slimming world. but i will TRY some kind of food replacement, just for a week maybe, and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. Simple as. :)

True, cant hurt to try a replacement can it - at least you'll know exactly what you can have etc!!!
Good luck if you do, keep us posted!
I knows a few people who've done lighterlife and theyve had brill results!!!
x

I think one of my issues is that I am a very fussy easter. It is something that I am working on, but at least I am a lot better than I was just two or three years ago.

Another day of feeling really low and stressed. :(
No more. Just a day of fun for once PLEASE!!!

rant rant rant :S

Hmm it's been a while since I have been here...
For various reasons.
I am feeling a bit fed up of attempting weight loss. Which is bad I know.
My health will suffer... :(

Hiya Liam
good to see you back - it means you havent really given up;
so what have you tried since you have been going
I have been doing cwp - losing slowly but still losing
I have also been looking very seriously into doing low carb (as a vegetarian its hard but not impossible) have you considered that route - go over to the low carb board and have a read around and see if it is a way forward for you

Ah but at least you are back and posting
go read other diaries and post on them for some REAL inspiration :):)

Hey Liam, I hope you're ok.
I know you are having a hard time with trying to lose weight but don't give up coz you will get there eventually, as will we all!

I suffer from depression and anxiety too, I find it hard to stay motivated and stick to my diet alot of the time. Being on here really does help as people are so lovely and supportive and the success stories are so inspirational.
As I was finding it so hard to stick to a diet (I've been trying to diet for years) I did my research on Xenical and am taking that now, it pretty much forces me to follow a low fat diet and I am getting results at last!

Take care.
x

Back