It's not just about the weight loss!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by KidA, 8 May 2011 Social URL.

1. KidA

KidA Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(8.16%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I'm sure other people have mentioned this, but my energy levels have gone through the roof. Usually I feel like a quick kip after lunch, but not on this diet. I find my energy levels are steady and high from the minute I wake up, to the minute I go to bed.

Another spin off from this diet is I don't get headaches. I'm quite a headachey person, but realised that I hadn't had one since I started (except for a bad one during attack), until I got one yesterday, which was totally TOTM related. (I also put back on a pound, having broken the 10st barrier for the first time in years :( - but think that's TOTM related too).

And I'm never hungry!

Miraculous.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    It's always great to read about people experiencing other benefits. I certainly feel much healthier. Even my asthma improved considerably.

Great thread!

4. waterford

waterford Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    How long before you start to feel the effects.

I am on day two of attack and have had a slight headache all day and even had an afternoon nap.

5. coxnicole1986

coxnicole1986 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.02%)
    Diet:
    dukan diet
    I agree im never tired anymore and I have 5 month old that I get up for at night and up at 7 no prob where before by 12 I was dying for nap x

6. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    It's natural to feel a bit blurrgh for the first few days of Attack. Many of us end up with an awful headache. This is just your body reacting to the sudden disappearance of carbs. You will adjust, and soon.

Hang on it there. You should begin to feel better within the next couple of days or so.

7. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I certainly have much more energy, and have had ever since I shook off my attack headache.

The first month of cruise was one of the most productive I can remember in years!

8. Emms24

Emms24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.47%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I've noticed an increase in my energy levels too although I've been very tired last week (but that's because I've missed a few nights good sleep).

Has anyone else noticed their nails and hair being in better condition? My nails are growing strong and just look great. My hair is really shinny too.

This diet has so many benefits

9. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Definitely!

10. Emmma

Emmma grammar police

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(28.21%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    my nails were looking fab until i started on the diy... hopefully they will return once it's done!

11. KidA

KidA Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(8.16%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I'll have to stop biting my nails to get the full benefit :)

12. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Now that you've come to mention it - I used to have terrible probs with peeling nails - VANISHEd... And of course I have already mentioned elsewhere my congenital arthritis - achey joints in my fingers not unusual, esp in winter, for the last few years, with a bad attack in the 09/10 winter. This time 10/11 no such problems. I put this down to the very much increased intake of oily fish in my case.

But of course now (post-cruise) the main thing is related to the weight loss: I'm much fitter and my sleeping-related backaches have gone.

13. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    Im finding I am asleep most nights by 8pm. I tend to get extremely tired during the day. What am I doing wrong compared to everyone else?

14. RunnerBean

RunnerBean Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.7lb(5.84%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yes, I don't think I've had this elusive energy burst either! I've always been an early bird and I don't think my sleep patterns have changed, but I feel like my eyes are always heavy by the afternoon. And I've found that out on my runs that my legs/general body feel heavier and more sluggish, to the point where on one day of attack I had to stop early. (To be honest, in attack I kinda expected it!) It also feels like my muscles ache more after exercise than they used to too, as I've never had a problem before which is silly, as protein is supposed to be the holy grail of muscle growth!

I've just never had this energy burst from attack, am hoping a few more days in cruise will bring it on maybe? I'm not worried, just my experience seems to be different!

15. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    RunnerBean - both you and Lil Mrs Sunshine are exercising more than most, and possibly more than is ideal for the Dukan diet, which not entirely suitable for activity like running, which requires a supply of glycogen in the muscle.

This may explain why you don't get the same burst of energy that some of the rest of us experience.

16. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    I have a fairly active job, most of my day is up and down stairs and along corridors, but I dont do anymore exercise than this and the recommeded amount per day - just the walks.

17. RunnerBean

RunnerBean Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.7lb(5.84%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks for that Atropos,. I just figured that as I have always run most days, that it would have little effect but I must to be using all my extra energy doing that!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Emms24

Emms24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.47%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yeah the book says you aren't supposed to overdo exercise especially not when u start attack. I skipped my Zumba class when I was on attack and the last time I went I felt really light headed tho that was my second day of cruise.

It hasn't been on a few weeks now due to the bank holidays but I'm hoping it will b better now I've been on the diet a month.

I wouldn't over exert yourself though x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.