It's Now Or Never

I know what you mean... I generally feel much better in myself, even though my weight loss so far has been little. It's definitely making me feel more confident, and I was chuffed on Saturday morning when my mum said that she could definitely see a difference. Although I can't.

I'm weighing in tonight, too - so here's to Lumpy Monday! Let me know how you get on :) xx

I'm the same as you - slow start and I don't feel like I've lost any weight, bf said to me the other day he thinks I may have lost a chin :p charming eh??!!

I think jsut knowing you are doing something about it makes you feel better. I certainly feel better knowing I'm not going over on syns etc, even tho I don't expect much of a loss this week for some reason.

Good luck with your WI Pinkie x

No stodge for me today... I seem to have eaten only things with a high water content! From melon/mango for breakfast to baked courgettes and mushrooms for lunch... Really annoyed with going to the loo every 30 minutes!

Ahhh - me too!!! I am sure I have some sort of bladder weakness! I had low fat super noodles AND savoury rice. Though at least I chopped some carrot and beans into the rice. Lovely comfort food though in this cold weather. I have also eaten 4 clementines on top of my breakfast fruit.
Have a stir fry for tea, which for me I may omit the noodles, I always have LOADS of veggies in that. I've started buying packs of the Sainsburys basics stir fry - it is exactly that, but loads of veg in there, and I reckon you could turn it into a sort of coleslaw too if that took your fancy. Would be great for summer that - shall have to think about that one..... :)

Oh I love those stir fry bags! Delicious.

Well, end of my second week, and I lost 2lbs. Yay! :D

That is 7lbs so far. I'm aiming for another 7lb in Feb (will look for challenge thread accordingly). I like taking it month by month like that.

Lessons learnt:
1) Start exercising, I've done none whatsoever so far. I have a Wii and Just Dance, and my Roko membership which I can ill afford to waste.

2) keep planning and writing up on here. It really works for me, and all the tips, help and support from everyone is fantastic.

3) variety - I am trying new things, but also get into some habits too. So need to watch out for that. Am trying to aim for 2 new recipes a week at the moment and then do enough to defrost.

So roll on Feb, and hopefully roll off 7lbs. :D

Monday January 31st

Breakfast:
Frozen fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape yoghurt. Milk in tea throughout day (HEa).

Snack:
banana, low fat supernoodles

Lunch:
Savoury rice with carrots and beans, 3 clementines, alpen light bar (3 syns)

Tea:
Portion of egg noodles, lean beef, stir fry veg, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, spices.

So as I said earlier, bit of a stodgy day. Hey Ho.

Snack: apple

Excellent! Xx
Now we both have a half stone award!

Also love those sainsbury's basics stirfry bags, but my mum less so. She says it has too many bean sprouts. I end up having to do a separate one for her which defeats the object of the basics packet!

Tuesday 1st February.

Well Happy February one and all. Hmmm, pancake day this month isn't it? Best save my points that week then eh? No way my son will let me do low fat pancakes. Anyway, I'll worry about that nearer the time.

It's still busy busy busy at work. It's sort of manageable though, so I'm quite enjoying it.

Anyhow, foodies (I haven't stopped stuffing!)

Breakfast:
Frozen fruit, shape yoghurt and branflakes (HEb).
Snacks: milk in tea (HEa), 6 clementines
Lunch: couscous with roasted veg and mixed pulses
Tea: a sort of veg curry thing, all veggies, some spices and then plain yoghurt stirred in at the end. Frozen fruit, sweetener and plain yoghurt for pud, followed by an alpen light bar (3 syns).
Now in bed with a final cuppa.

Have eaten lots, but a lot of healthy food. Planning on having a bash at the quiche tomorrow evening for me and the bairn. Have some old bananas to use up, which would be good if I could DJ something for afters. So if anyone reads this and has any ideas please shout!

:)

Have a really nice banana cake recipe, but it's not SW friendly! Bananas on toast for breakfast is really good though :) x

Well I have tried to make SW pancakes before and they were dead weird, sort of like a sweet omelette! Maybe this time I'll use more syns to make them dead nice. I love pancake day!

Apparently there's a good banana scan bran cake if you google it? Or you could make slimming world French toast with nana on top and syn some syrup!

Hmmm. The only SW pancake recipe I've found is without flour. I guess that must be like a sweet omelette! Doesn't sound particularly awesome. Much prefer the French toast idea! X

Yep that'll be the one I used! There's a banoffee pancake recipe on the SW website, I think they're 6 syns per pancake. It's a bit rubbish though because all that makes them banoffee is that it's banana and toffee Mullerlight! Haha

Pinkie1973 said:
Ew, the thought of toffee muller light makes me want to heave. But I hate banoffee too. Yes the pancakes do sound a bit pathetic don't they lol

I say, syn some proper ones! X

Back