It's Now Or Never

You may well be right there. I'm saving up for the weekend this week though. Chinese Friday night, then out Saturday night, I think a Wetherspoons is on the cards.

Can't sleep. Am watching the England ODI at Sydney and already sewn up some clothes.

Tomorrow at least is my half day, which I work from home. I call it one of my Mummy days. It's one of the two days I get to take my son to school and back. :) Also I've told work I am only doing y hours tomorrow and will therefore be finished by half one. Which will give me a couple of hours to myself. Swim time! Yay :D

Wednesday 2nd January

Urgh - I am stuffed!! Just made one of these potato quiche things. This one was a recipe recommended by a lady in my group - so had mashed potato as the base. Was pretty good as it goes -though maybe the base was a bit too mashy for me. Still far better than no quiche at all.

I took a picture and everything - but it won't let me upload. Grr Jules - I need your help - I want to show you all my concoction! lol

Anyway - was up half the night (worrying about work as per, really have got to get that under control, I'd be a useless Prime Minister or doctor), so watched the cricket (boo). After I'd done my hours this morning for work, I realised I had a nurses appointment and 2.30 - so bang when the idea of swimming (though I had realised my legs were seriously in need of a shave, I've stopped waxing and am going to try that IPL business out). So a job for tonight, and hey presto I didn't go swimming again. I'm so rubbish. Once I'm back in the habit it will be fine. This weather doesn't help though. So a busy but tired sort of a day. The wee man is playing on his FIFA11 at the moment. I'll throw him in the bath when I've done this, and then spend an hour playing a game or some such thing, before he is packed off to bed. Feeling generally happy about everything right now -I am sure I have more energy that I used to. Is that the diet again.....? I think knowing I'm doing something positive, plus feeling better about work these days, means I am happier. I am also in a happy place relationship wise - i.e. in my case, I'm happy being single - and I'm really consciously aware of that. I get an entire king size bed to myself after all.

I've also gone on one with wanting to get the kitchen decorated and wanting colourful stuff in there. I bought these bowls from the Whittards outlet shop this Sunday...

Buy China | Order Tableware | Mix and Match Spot Cereal Bowl Online at Whittard

I know it's daft but I absolutely love them! I have decided I am going to paint the walls of my kitchen red, proper bright, rich, scarlet red. The units are white. The worktop is dark with flecks of green in. I am then going to slowly get nice colourful bits and bobs - so it is a bit of a mish mash in there. I love nice chinaware. Not the delicate sort, more chunky, bright colours. I'm a child I know. I also want some of those hanging door bead curtain things in different colours, to hang out on my patio doors.

Anyhooo, I'll stop prattling and put my food in for the day.

Breakfast:
frozen fruit, shape yoghurt, branflakes (HEb)
Snack: skimmed milk (HEa), apple
Lunch: stir fry, with 2 quorn sausages sliced and pre-frylighted, banana and clementine for afters
Tea: potato quiche (mash base, then had 2 sliced quorn sausages, pieces of grilled bacon, peppers, mushrooms, spring onions, 3 eggs and some milk from HEa allowance) - served with babyleaf salad, and baby plum tomatoes - I ate about 2/3 of it - am now stuffed! ;-)

I made a point of drinking a couple of pint glasses of water. Since I've been on my tea craving, I've barely drunk water, and I used to drink pints of the stuff every day. So I need to get back into that habit.

But loads of vegetables today, and I think a lot less stodge. If I keep doing that, and drinking the water too, I should stay on track.

Onwards and downwards! :D x

Hey lady well it sounds like you're doing great! Your food sounds yummy and you and your son are so cute playing games together! I think you're a great mum.

I'm sure the swimming will fall into place, I have always meant to go swimming but rarely do- know what you mean about the weather though. If we lived in lovely Spain or somewhere and had a pool in our gardens these things would be different!

To put up a photo, I think I do it wrong. I upload it to Facebook (but only because it's dead easy to upload it to there from my phone) then copy the image URL by right clicking, I then click on that little icon that looks like a mountain when I'm in new post then add the URL. There must be an easier way but I don't know it!!

But I would very much like to see this quiche photo!!!!

I am making the most of my time with the bairn. He's 8 1/2 now - he won't want to do things with me for much longer, rarely wants to now - I have to force him lol But we're a bit like an old married couple in some ways - its been just the two of us for nearly 5 years now. I'm taking him to the Royal Institute science fun day on Saturday, followed by a football match. I'm then palming him off on my parents whilst I galavant around Greenwich (it's an ex student of mine's birthday - we kept in touch which is nice).

Jesus, I could talk the hind legs of a donkey. The bairn is singing to himself in the shower - funny! lol

Yeah I'm using that add attachments and it doesn't like it.
Right I will upload it to facebook now and see - in fact I already did thinking about it - on my groups FB group.
Let's see.........

Thursday 3rd February
Manic day yet again at work - but I'm being much better - and calling it a day at work. I am run off my feet, far too much to do - but the good news I left tonight with 74% of my test scenarios for my new system working, and we're running another schedule tomorrow night, which means we should be able to pass off about half of the unresolved issues. So progress is being made - which is nice. Work for my new role is also starting to pile on now (I got a promotion I'd be going for for about 3 years, last December). However the old role is busier than ever and they're not letting up. So a few months of manicness then hopefully it will start to come under control a little more. Either way, the days go very quickly - which is nice.

I remembered to take some food out of the freezer last night, which I have just scoffed. I have actually really liked the fact that I've got food frozen, so I can defrost and easily have an evening meal. By the time I get back work, it's been a long day and I really don't want to go cooking an entire meal, just for me.

So anyway, the food....

Breakfast:
the usual - frozen fruit, shape yoghurt and branflakes (HEb)

Lunch: couscous, roasted veg, mixed pulses

Dinner: beany sausage casserole (2 quorn sausages, baked beans, passata, onion served with curly kale). Roasted curly kale (lots of). I will also have some fruit and yogurt for pud.

Snacks: apple, cups of tea throughout day with skimmed milk (HEa), clementines (lots), banana, tiny piece of that nice cake (yes more of it) - 15.5 syns

Total syns for week: 18.5

The roasted curly kale - was an idea from a Gillian McKeith book I've got. It didn't come out quite as expected - but actually was very nice. I had two bashes, you have to keep stirring, and it can go brown very quickly, so you have to keep an eye on it. But I ended up making enough that I could squish into a little chinese bowl. Nice little snack and dead easy to make.

I think I made a better effort at getting my veggies in - and I'm currently sat here with a pint of water.

I have a bit of a mad weekend ahead. Over to my sisters tomorrow night (we're doing chinese new year stuff with the kids - mostly that means lanterns and chinese food - so I've been saving some syns for that) (have 18.5 syns used this week so far). Saturday morning, the bairn and I have to drive into town and then going to the Royal Institute family fun day - I'm really excited about it to be honest. Then we're off to football in the afternoon. A load of ex players from one of our best ever squads will be there (inc Teddy Sheringham) - so will be great for the bairn to see them all. I will try get some piccies of me accosting various poor men.
Then I'm out with an ex-student of mine for her birthday in Greenwich in the evening. Have to watch the food there. Drink is no longer an issue as I've given up, and will in fact be driving. Yay!

So if don't post tomorrow night, have a great weekend all! My throat feels like it's going on the blink, which is usually a warning sign to my body that's its fighting off bugs. So off to bed I go very shortly.

Take care - happy slimming! :) xx

Last edited:
Sounds like a really lovely weekend pinkie, hope you have a great one. You deserve it with your busy week you've had!

Love the sound of the curly kale! I've never had it, is it like spring greens? because I LOVE spring greens, could eat bowlfuls of that just on it's own with a bit of salt!!

Oh and how was your baked bean and sausage casserole? I find they're super tasty and dead easy to make once you've chopped everything up.

And I'm definitely going to copy you and do something for Chinese new year. Might give some SW spring rolls a go!

How do you keep going Pinkie - I'm surprised you're not completely exhausted!! Your plans for the weekend sound really good, hope you have a fab time.

Oh, and that quiche looks lush - might have to try one myself with a mash base, that would definitely stodge it up a bit, which sounds like perfection to me!! xx

Ooh I hadn't thought of SW spring rolls. Too late now. I'm gonna have a plain rice (boo) or,maybe noodles (yay). Then chicken and mushroom or some such low syn dish.

The beany casserole was nice. The recipe is in the SW book that you get when you start. I'll post it if you haven't got it. The portions should be twice the size, but I found I preferred to halve it and top up with veg instead. It was too stodgy for me otherwise, and I've really been hankering for my greens.

Maverick - I am exhausted ALL the time. I don't think my diet in the past and weight have helped though. I am.really really looking forward to the weekend though.

Glad you enjoyed your din dins. I do have that book, will have to have a look.

The one I do I mix carrots, leek, peppers, baked beans, Quorn saus, passata and onions in a dish. Cover it in foil, put in the oven and go about my business for like an hour or more then come and eat it up with mash. Perrrrrfect for a cold winter's night. I really like the leek in it.

Ooh, I'm gonna do that dinner one night this weekend, sounds yummy, just the sort of comfort food I love!! x

Phew - well happy monday one and all. I really can't be bothered to go back in detail and say what I've eaten over the weekend. But I'm fairly pleased given I was out and about all Saturday -and stuck to the syns. Though I mistakenly scoffed half an avocado and didn't realise I had to point it up -ah well. It meant I did 14 syns on Saturday, which given I was out all day wasn't a bad effort.

Had a lovely Chinese on Friday (about 15 points), kebab Saturday, spag carbonara yesterday. Tried to make a meringue with the left over egg whites and cocked it up because I was impatient. Sainsburys had run out of frozen fruit too which completely threw me.

Anyhoo, I've been good again today -had an omlette filled with low fat noodles on a bed of salad leaves for lunch. Proper comfort food but lovely. Needed it as I'm feeling v run down at the moment.

So weigh in tonight - I will see how I get on and post it up later, along with today's food. I have been keeping my paper diary - just been so manic all weekend.

RI on Saturday with the little man was fab, then we won at football which was also great (I managed to behave myself with Teddy and co (his girlfriend is about 20!)) - then a lovely night out with an old student of mine who I've kept in touch with. I saw my little man get his Chief Scout's Award yesterday which made me really proud. He's been an angel child this weekend. Well, as much as any 8 year could be anyway.

Hope you've all had good weekends.

x

Thanks Jules. It really helps I think that I've given up alcofrol. So Sat night I got home from Greenwich (via Rotherhithe) in an hour. Spent very little (entrance ticket to the comedy club and one diet coke - though it was a pint), and didn't feel crap the next day. I'm rather surprised I've gone this long with the booze to be honest (it's only since NYE!!! lol). I just think on reflection that I'm much happier without it - and it helps keep my resolve strong for the diet too. Though I have become a tea addict - and am sure I am due on (might be next week, or later this) just want chocolate and sweet things.

Feel a bit sick after the noodle omlette. So am gonna do the boys a stir fry and maybe eat something more substantial later.

Back