It's Now Or Never

Wooo! Well done, great work! It's great that you've ditched the booze, if only I had done the same then I wouldn't be staring down the barrel of a gain after my vodka splurge on Saturday!

Wooh, well done on the loss!! I know what you mean about giving up alcohol, but I just couldn't have a good night out sober - my main problem is I hate drunk people, unless I am one!!!

That said I've hardly touched it this year yet and it's definitely helped my resolve on SW. It may all go out the window soon tho lol xxx

Thanks chicas. I have stuck to the diet and kind of feel that 2lb would have been more deserved, but 1.5lb is still good and in the right direction. I suppose I worry, that as I am so overweight, I may haveost a bit more initially. So I need to get my head round that. I'm sure I'm due on next week too, and I can put on 7lbs in that alone. I really need to start exercising tho. It will make a huge difference. I'm just so tired and enthusiastic tonight.

Right am on the computer so will quickly write up today's food.

Breakfast:
grapes, blueberries and cranberries, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yohurt
Snack: apple, skimmed milk in tea throughout the day (HEa)
Lunch: 2 egg omlette, with fry light and a splash of milk from allowance, low fat supernoodles - all on a bed of salad leaves. Was lovely and properly hit the spot!
Snack: 2 Weetabix oaty bars - 7syns
Tea: a bowl (smallish) of stir fry beef with mixed veg
Snack: 2 clementines
3 pints of water today.

I am thinking about how I could improve the food. Definitely having more salad is right up there. Also, I think I need to be more careful with the milk. I have been caning the tea a bit, so perhaps I have been drinking more milk (albeit skimmed) than I realise. I think that trying to get back into the habit of drinking water might help - I used to do a good 6 pints a day, always glugging the stuff. Other than that, I know I'm getting plenty of fruit (though I am missing my canned prunes, may just have to sod it and syn them), and often pack out meals with veggies. This diet lends itself to stodge though - and as I follow Extra Easy, perhaps I haven't quite got down the 1/3 superfree with each meal.

So I'll keep an eye on that little lot this week. :)

Erk terrible day today. Sure I must def be due on soon am craving sweet and stodgy stuff. Succumbed at work and home today. So here goes......

Breakfast:
Grapes, blueberries, cranberries, shape yoghurt, branflakes (HEb)

Snack: 1 clementines, Apple, milk in tea (HEa - throughout the day)

Lunch: couscous, roasted veg, cadburys chocolate caramel bunny (5 syns)

Snack: coffee with milk from HEa, cookie (10 syns)

Tea: plate of salad leaves, 2 eggs as omlette, 2 low fat supernoodles. 2 clementines, banana

See what a pig. :-(

Good point. In fact I'll tell you now, might shed a more positive light on my indulgences.
Breakfast would have been the same, but with a small portion of canned fruit. Is have had a hazelnut latte and cookie. Soup from eat for lunch with a roll and butter. Another latte and cookie for afternoon. For tea either some toast - several slices. Or a Chinese / Indian take out. Hmmm, easy to see where my lardy bum came from eh? Cheers Jules lol

I ate two packs of lf supernoodles on saturday night and still lost this week! And yours were for your tea, mine were for a 4am snack! Don't you feel bad- "you gotta eat"!

Lol we must be on the same wavelength just shaved my legs ready for my morning swim!!! (after the bf said I might start a fire with my hairy legs thought I'd better do them!!)

Ha ha. Well I haven't been waxed now since mid Dec. My lady has had a sudden illness. I decided to get an IPL system and give that a go. Haven't git round to doing legs as need to shave but been putting off doing them. I don't have a boyfriend and its winter so no one sees them lol

Evening all. Well the swim didn't happen - I ended up taking my hairy legs up to Bluewater to sort my son's iPod touch out. It turns out the twit hadn't been shutting down the apps and it sort of overloaded it. He had over 30 odd running lol Anyway, dealt with now.

Had another munchie sort of day. I do seem to be worse when homeworking. But kept to diet, just had an extra snack using normal free food. Usually I snack on fruit, or maybe something from syns (well I did that too) - but I just had to eat something more!

So food:

Breakfast:
mixed fruit, natural low fat yoghurt and branflakes (HEb)
Milk in tea throughout day (HEa)
Snack: clementine, 1 Weetbix oaty bar (3.5 syns), 1 alpen light bar (3 syns)
Early lunch: supernoodles on a bed of salad leaves, banana and apple
Afternoon snack: SW spicy potato wedges (I really must get some more quark and chives and have that as a dip next time)
Tea: bit of a let down really. I pan fried some trout with cherry tomatoes (my brother in law recommended it over salmon as it slightly cheaper and more sustainable), and cooked some plain pasta, and served on a bed of salad leaves. Wish I'd stuck to the salmon - the trout was full of bones and it just put me right off. I ended up binning it and just eating the plain pasta. Had a bowl of fruit with natural yoghurt for pud. My son wolfed his down however and said he didn't find any bones (this by the way is very typical if there are bones in fish it will always be me that finds them). So at least he was happy. He had loads of melon, blueberries and grapes for afters - so a happy bunny there.
I still feel peckish now too!!! God I am an animal at the moment!

So had a total of 6.5 syns today - a bit of a naughty snack with the wedges before tea, but mostly naughty I guess as I didn't have any superfree with it.

Roll on work tomorrow - have sorted our lunches and my breakfast this evening.

Have my two nephews staying the night on Friday (18months and 4) - so am doing them a cottage pie with some veggies. Thought I'd make the cottage pie mash with a mix of normal potato and sweet potato. Will also eek out the beef mince with soya mince (please tell me I can do this!) and not add any gravy granules. Am going to do two lots, so Steven (the bairn) and I have can have it at a later date. My freezer is getting very full. Speaking of which, I should take something out for tomorrow evening to avoid eating rubbish!

Hope you've all had a great day.

Mwah! x

Sounds like you've had a good day! That's such a shame about the trout, I love trout but bones can be dead annoying. At least your wee boy liked it though eh!

Good luck for the rest of your week! X

I know, I hate fish bones. :-(

I have now had another clementine and half a pack of Special K chocolate mini breaks (I shared with the bairn). That works out at another 2.5 syns, taking today's total to 7. That seems fairly respectable. My water is way down though. May buy a litre bottle of the stuff to drink on the way to work tomorrow.

Where has the week gone? What have I done with my life? Grrrrr Anyway, today has been a stressful day. Bairn problems, hit a major pickup in project, I just want it over - 2 years is long enough!

First time since I gave up on NYE that I fancied just getting really drunk and drowning my sorrows. I didnt though. But I did day sod it and treated myself to ANOTHER kebab lol

Breakfast:
Nothing,missed it. I suppose I ate an apple at 11 though if that counts?
Lunch:
Couscous with roast veg and mixed pulses. Quite frankly of was revolting. I burnt the roast veg when I made it, cocked up the couscous and the pulses didn't detract from that. Had two clementines afterwards. I also indulged in a choc caramel bunny later (5 syns) with an americano.
Banana on train home.
Tea: kebab - lamb/chicken mixed shish. 7 syns for the pitta.
2 alpen light bars (HEb) for after.
Tea throughout day using skimmed milk (HEa).

God I am on a downer and has taken ages to type this on this stupid smart phone keyboard. Gotta work tonight too to make up for getting in late and leaving early. So off to from at my system which is not working properly. Humph. :-(

Back