Its time to get smaller

Ok I am just back to work from my lunch break and I went with my husband to view a gym nearby, its in a local hotel, about 10 minutes drive for me from home, 5 mins from work, opens at 6:30 so plan is to have a gym session in the morning and at my desk for 8am. But am going to do it.. pool looks fab, not very busy gym, no sign of muscles lifting weights... Going to do it, going to join for 3 months initially and go from there... kinda excited

Hi Everyone,

Bit of a crazy weekend.. diet went out the window last Friday at the wedding... up 2lbs on the scale yesterday morning, but I had a very good day yesterday, ate mainly fruit and veg, salad.. back to the normal weight this morning..

On the menu today is:

Breakfast- banana, overnight oats with pecan nuts and some berries, coffee

Lunch- egg, quorn ham, hummus, spinach, olives and cucumber salad

Dinner- pasta bake with quorn mince, carrots, onions, mushroom, spinach, cheese

So I joined the gym yesterday, went for a swim with my husband and 2 year old, he loves the pool! This morning I was in the gym at 6:30am, good thing I am a morning person! managed 10 minutes jogging on the treadmill, haven't ran in over a year.. so was delighted with that.. did another 10min walking and 20 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes on the rowing machine and did a few weights, going to get a proper plan drawn up this week. Ate the banana before the gym and then the oats when I arrived in work. Planning on doing the gym 4 times a week.

Wow a full on day - and back in focus, which is fabulous!

Thanks @ladyfelsham

Great day today, gym done this morning. did 55 minutes. Delighted with it.. really love getting up early, im there at 6:30am, gym done, showered and at my desk for 8

pre gym- banana and a coffee
Breakfast- overnight oats with some chia seeds, flaxseed, nuts
Lunch- tomato and lentil soup (homemade)
Dinner- pasta bake

Only working till lunchtime so I might head out for a walk this afternoon if the rain stays away.

Another beautiful morning, had a lie in till about 6:30 :tongue: after being up at 5:30 most mornings! today is my rest day from the gym so I got up and took my time getting ready for work and was still later than I should of been!! Didn't make it in till 8:20, my hours are flexible but I like to start at 8 so I can finish early.

So I did a bit of reading into what is the best foods to eat if you are going to the gym early in the morning, I have a cup of coffee and a banana before I go, and something high carb and protein afterwards to help the body repair so I have been having overnight oats with seeds and nuts, still low GI which I try to follow. Have to say while I am full after eating it, I don't enjoy it as much as my eggs in the morning. So with today being a gym free day I was back to my scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast, not as high in cals as the oats.

Breakfast- scrambled egg with cheese, mushrooms, spinach and a slice of low GI bread, mug of coffee
Lunch- tomato and lentil soup
Dinner- quorn mince pasta bake

This is day 3 eating the same dinner, and I am kinda getting tired of it! But its low cal so I will stick it out until its gone. I must look at other things to make for dinner, being the only vegetarian in the house and with working full time I do like to make my dinners up in advance.

Weigh in is tomorrow so I will be extra good today

Hope everyone has a fabulous day x

I always find eggs better in the morning - oats are nice but an hour later I'm ready for another breakfast!

Good luck for WI!

I've bookmarked quite a few SW vegetarian recipes which are pretty low cal -
- http://twochubbycubs.com/2017/09/14/baked-broccoli-bombs/
- Mushroom and spinach quiche with a sweet potato crust (from The Slimming Foodie)
- http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-vegetable-tarts-slimming-world/ - which look amazing!
- https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11964/veggie-lasagna-florentine/
- Butternut squash and mushroom risotto - can't remember where I got that from, but sure you'll find it with a quick google

@ladyfelsham Thanks a million for the links, you are a star.. that broccoli cheese bomb is on the menu for tomorrow, definitely! Have to go do the grocery shop in the morning so I will definitely be planning a few new meals... I tend to stick to pasta and lasagne a lot but I am getting so bored of it!

I am caught with the breakfasts now I am going to the gym in the morning as I go straight to work after and eat breakfast at my desk.. overnight oats are just so easy! But they are no eggs!!! still, can have them at weekends :)

Weight in was this morning, 3lbs down so absolutely delighted with that. My toddler woke last night a lot so I was up for 2 hours so when the alarm went off at 5:45 I really didn't want to go to the gym! But I stood on the scales and saw my loss so I forced myself to go. I really am so happy I went now, managed 15 minutes jogging, 10 minutes walking, 10 minutes on the rowing machine and 20 minutes on the bike. Heading to the pool later with my little man so that will burn a few more calories.

I have only 5lbs to go before I am at my smallest that I have been in the last 10 years or so. I lost some weight about 6 years ago with WW and got down to 18 stone 3.5lbs, I am currently 18 stone 8lbs... once I reach that weight I am treating myself to a spa day!

On the menu:

Pre-gym: Banana and a coffee
Breakfast: overnight oats with flaxseed, chia seeds and mixed nuts
Lunch: Tomato and Lentil soup
Snack: apple and 2 mandarins
Dinner: final portion of pasta bake! (yay) I have had enough of it!

Have a wonderful day everyone xx

Morning everyone...

Happy Easter weekend 😀

Off work today so had a small lie in... Didn't go to the gym until 7! Had a great workout..

Pre-gym banana
Breakfast- scrambled eggs, toast, mushroom, spinach and cheese
Lunch- tomato and lentil soup
Dinner- not sure yet.. maybe something new and interesting! My little boy is going to his aunty this afternoon so I will have a few hours at home so I might get something new and interesting cooking.

Going to my parents house this weekend... I hate going there. Well I love them dearly but they have so much junk food in the house it's makes it very difficult to stay on track.. even their dinners aren't diet friendly.. they are farmers so work very hard and burn off the calories they eat daily but I'm a different story. So bringing all my food with me... Fingers crossed I can avoid the junk food!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and Easter x

Woohoo on the loss Orla, well done! And that 5lbs will whooshie off in no time!

Hope all goes well at your folks' place, and you have a lovely time - I find it hard enough not to self sabotage even when I'm in control of what comes into the house! Be strong :) xx

Morning all....

Havent been online all weekend.

Hope everyone is well, and had a nice Easter!

Well I had a bit of a disaster, there are Easter eggs everywhere... Despite asking just the grandparents to buy an egg for my little boy, all his aunts and uncles did too!! there are currently 8 eggs left in my house... I think I will just bin them... my husband and I split one last night and all! aaaaahhhhhhhhhh I need them gone out of the house! I packed them into a bag last night and put them in the spare room where I couldn't see them... out of sight and out of mind! had a few bits myself on Sunday, picked at an egg... didn't mind that.. I ate just fruit for breakfast and a salad for supper to compensate... but I am don't with them now!

Went to the gym over the weekend, was there again this morning. I am really loving it being part of my routine. I am up to 30 minutes jogging on the treadmill, granted I can walk as fast as I jog but I am still chuffed with myself. Doing a 50 minute routine 5 times a week in the gym, I love the pool too but I tend to only go to the pool when I have my toddler, still walking around the pool for an hour must burn a few calories :)

Made a lentil and sweet potato dahl over the weekend, first time I have ever made anything like that! but OMG it was beautiful, even my little man loved it... Will definitely make it again... served it with some quinoa and it was beautiful! very filling.

On the menu today is:

Pre- gym: banana and coffee
breakfast: Overnight oats with flaxseed, chia seeds, mixed nuts
Lunch: Homemade roast veg soup
Dinner: Quorn chicken stirfry with frozen mixed veg, soya sauce and Quinoa

Back in work today, the long weekend went way too fast!!!

Im so upset with myself...

I have been so bold. I have eaten so much crap.. last night I was like a woman possessed. I ate, ate and ate... and as a result I have gained on last week, official weigh in day is thurs but I like to keep an eye on the scales everyday, but I don't really count it till thurs, so I have to lose it before then.

well I am disgusted with myself. I ate easter eggs, bread, cheese, anything I could get my hands on. I am an emotional eater and hadn't the best day yesterday, just work stuff bothering me, I have been taken off a project that I usually love doing, Logistically it makes sense if someone else does it but I am so disappointed that I wont be doing it. It bugged me. Its still bugging me. My husband was away too last night so I was alone for most of the evening. But I am the one who ate it. I am the one who is accountable.

Trying to get my head right again today to get back into it. I think I might leave work early and go for a walk on the beach. Clear my head, whats done is done. No gym this morning, Wednesday is my rest day anyway but I am bringing my little man swimming later so I will hopefully burn a few calories walking around the pool at least.

Food for today is at a minimum, having a very low cal day.

Breakfast: Fruit salad, coffee

lunch: homemade roast veg soup

Dinner: salad- quorn ham, spinach, tomatoes, hummus, cheese, carrots, onions, cucumber, olives.

Trying to keep it under 1000cal today, not something I do regularly, I usually eat 1,500 minimum a day but I think I need a kick. Back to 1,500 tomorrow.

morning all...

So I am down 1lb today, I am delighted. Really wasn't expecting that! I had a disastrous weekend, I think the gym saved me from putting on weight.

I am such an emotional eater, my mental health can fluctuate a bit and the past week or so I have been a bit anxious. it affects my eating... wasn't feeling great yesterday so I finished work at lunchtime and went to the beach, by myself... best decision I have ever made.... walked the beach, calmed me down a lot and then when I came home I brought my little man to the swimming pool. swam a couple of lengths.. yesterday I was very on plan, even managed to have a bag of popcorn last night and stayed within my calories...

went to the gym this morning, was a little late so had to shorten my workout by a few minutes to make sure I was in work on time. On the menu today:

Pre-gym- banana and coffee
Breakfast- overnight oats with nuts and seeds
Lunch- quorn ham, hummus, egg, cheese, spinach, tomato, olives, cucumber
Dinner- quorn pieces, stirfry veg, quinoa and soya sauce

That is fabulous Orla - we all have days (or in my case two days :classic_oops:) where we just want to eat, but you have a plan to get back on track and I think that's wonderful!

All the gym work is obviously helping - and I bet your eating day wasn't as bad as you think, even though we all feel bad when we do it.

So, chin up my lovely, and keep doing what you're doing x

thanks @ladyfelsham I really had a crappy few days with it, was glad I posted here about it all. Back on track now. really appreciate the support xx

Was at the gym again this morning, and I did really well, delighted with it, my hair was wet from sweat (yeuk, I know. was so glad to jump in the shower). Managed 30 minutes jogging this morning, 15 minutes on the bike and 5 minutes on the rowing machine. I am introducing weights next week, meeting with one of the personal trainers on Tuesday.

Also trying yoga tonight, I did a few classes of pregnancy yoga a few years back but am keen to try a proper class, wanted to lose some weight before I tried it. so Hopefully it will go well. Its a 2 hour introductory class.

Foodwise I am doing ok today.

Pregym- Banana and coffee
Breakfast- Overnight oats with nuts and seeds
Lunch- Quorn ham, hummus, cheese, egg, spinach, tomato, cucumber and olive salad
Dinner- Lentil Curry with Bulgar wheat.

My husband is off work today so I am meeting him for a coffee this morning. Weather is horrible here. Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow.

Good luck for the class - hope it goes well!

Enjoy coffee! :) That's a lovely way to catch up during the day! :)

Morning

You've inspired me to pull my head back in and get back in focus! So pleased you're enjoying the gym - and good luck with the personal trainer :)

Thanks @ladyfelsham
Have to say, there are some lovely people on here!

Weekend was good, I am doing really well at the gym, did 30 minutes jogging and 20 minutes on the bike yesterday, then we went swimming yesterday afternoon with the little man, so managed to get a few lengths in too...Gym again this morning but only did 20 minutes jogging and 20 minutes on the bike. I am meeting a friend for a walk this evening so I didn't want to do too much this morning. Im away with work tomorrow so tomorrow is going to be my rest day from the gym.

Foodwise I have been very good over the weekend. I made broccoli bomb at the weekend that suzie linked here. they were beautiful, had them for lunch over the weekend with a salad.

Todays food is:

Pregym: Banana and coffee
Breakfast: Overnight oats with strawberry yogurt, flaxseed and chia seeds
Lunch: Salad- quorn ham, cheese, hummus, spinach, cucumber, tomato, olives, sweetcorn.
Dinner: Quorn pasta bake made with quorn mince, brown pasta, carrots, spinach, mushrooms, onions, celery, cheese and passata.

Oh fab re the broccoli bomb, I haven't tried them yet, must give them a go this week because i hate eating broccoli on its own :).

Back